• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZZ13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ13 wrote:
My phone is Nokia 6290 and the problem is that Trekbuddy asks every time permission to read user data. In settings allow always is selected. The last version that was free of this problem was 0.6.9. Is there some solution for this problem?

Solved the problem myself.

1. Uninstall Trekbuddy
2. Reboot phone, this is required
3. Reinstall Trekbuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feature request:

when "Show All Waypoints" is activated; it isn't possible to load a route. could you add this?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
temptrekbuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ShowAll feature

Just tested TB on my WinMobile Smartphone

1)Unfortunately scrolling on this device is incredibly slow.Unfortunately smartphones do not have touchscreen which would make scrolling quicker. Do you think implementing a greater scroll jump would be possible (as an option)?

2)The interface is not fullscreen (I guess this is J9's fault). I guess it has to stay like that because I don't know any other JVM supprting JSR-75 and JSR-82 required for TB

esselo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ13 wrote:
My phone is Nokia 6290 and the problem is that Trekbuddy asks every time permission to read user data. In settings allow always is selected. The last version that was free of this problem was 0.6.9. Is there some solution for this problem?

You have probably installed TrekBuddy from the .jar file directly, in which case it has been installed as an untrusted application. You need to install it using the .jad file. Then it will be installed as a signed application and you may select the "Always allowed" settings.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temptrekbuddy wrote:
1)Unfortunately scrolling on this device is incredibly slow.Unfortunately smartphones do not have touchscreen

This is weird, I cannot think of any reason why it should be... I just tried scrolling on MDA (not Smartphone) using keyboard (I mean 4-way key) and it is as fast as when I use touchscreen. By the way, Info->Technical->Desktop; hasRepeatEvent is true/false?

Fullscreen problem may be J9 bug, maybe not. You can try to enforce screen height with JAD attribute

Code:
UI-FullScreen-Height: 320

- no guarantee what is going to happen, though...
temptrekbuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

This is weird, I cannot think of any reason why it should be... I just tried scrolling on MDA (not Smartphone) using keyboard (I mean 4-way key) and it is as fast as when I use touchscreen. By the way, Info->Technical->Desktop; hasRepeatEvent is true/false?

it is true.

The scrolling gets fast only when I keep the direction on the 4way pad pressed long (7sec). First it is v slow then a bit quicker, but it doesn't get quick until 7 sec have passed.

Quote:

Fullscreen problem may be J9 bug, maybe not. You can try to enforce screen height with JAD attribute
Code:
UI-FullScreen-Height: 320

- no guarantee what is going to happen, though...

Info->Technical the desktop is 320x186 (width x height)
My screen is 320x240 so i'll try in jad UI-FullScreen-Height: 240

EDIT: It didn't work. I see on the screen that it is displayed differently but basically the visible part is the same Sad

supik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this version requires the .set file, untill now it has been running fine without the set file.. Crying or Very sad

I get the following error: (6) null: ....InvalidMapException: Tileset file not found: ......
buka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Environment: Samsung SGH-i600, WM6, IBM Java j9
Version 9.73 does not saves waypoints to file.
Regardless of mode <Record current> / <Enter custom>
with or wihtout tracking.
The file eg. 'wmap-2008-01-29-22-54-26.gpx' is created when first waypoint is recorded
The times of creation and modification are the same, file is empty (zero length)TB was exited propperly.
juleskle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: CANNOT INSTALL VERSION .73 AFTER HAVING .71 WORKING ON Z610i Reply with quote

Hello everybody
I am a bit scared because after having installed a couple of versions, and having them working OK on my Z610i+HGE-100, I have discovered this new version .73 today and tried to install it. I just eliminated the old version and (without rebooting) tried to install the .73 jad file from the "other" folder on my memorystick card. There is a prompt saying "OPERATION FAILED" and the phone does nothing...I have tried from the "other" folder located on the phone internal memory and same result. Installing the jar file does seem to do something (the status bar works during the installation, and the application seems to get installed, but when I try to start it it does not work either.
I have even reseted the phone and no results.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?
I would be very sad of not being able to use this great application again...
Sad
Thank you in advance

Jules
juleskle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: CANNOT INSTALL VERSION .73 AFTER HAVING .71 WORKING ON Z Reply with quote

juleskle wrote:
Hello everybody
I am a bit scared because after having installed a couple of versions, and having them working OK on my Z610i+HGE-100, I have discovered this new version .73 today and tried to install it. I just eliminated the old version and (without rebooting) tried to install the .73 jad file from the "other" folder on my memorystick card. There is a prompt saying "OPERATION FAILED" and the phone does nothing...I have tried from the "other" folder located on the phone internal memory and same result. Installing the jar file does seem to do something (the status bar works during the installation, and the application seems to get installed, but when I try to start it it does not work either.
I have even reseted the phone and no results.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?
I would be very sad of not being able to use this great application again...
Sad
Thank you in advance

Jules

Hi again, after trying repeatedly (and randomly) from .71 jad, to .69 jad to .73 jad (placed in different folders inside "other"), the .71 jad has started working back again. Now it seems to work OK (not connected the HGE GPS receiver yet though) and I am too scared to try to install again the .73. I usually apply the phylosophy "if it works, don't touch it" and "don't look for problems, they will always find you by themselves"...so I will keep this version for a while. Anyway, if someone have ever heard about this problem before, any advice will be wellcome.
Thank you in advance, and thanks specially to the Creator of this application.

Best regards

Jules
tomten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Thank you, Kruch Reply with quote

Sorry for being away from forum some time. Nice to see all POI's in the map, all tagged with their waypoint ID's. Nice nice nice... Many thanks! Very Happy

I have had some problems acquiring a proper GPS position - "Record Current". My GPS position can sometimes be flaky, and in that case it would be nice to let TrekBuddy acquire the position by selecting the median of a number of acquisitions (either chose the amount of aquisitions or press start/stop) - is that possible to do today?

Best regards
Tomas
franzkalla

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esselo wrote:
ZZ13 wrote:

You have probably installed TrekBuddy from the .jar file directly, in which case it has been installed as an untrusted application. You need to install it using the .jad file. Then it will be installed as a signed application and you may select the "Always allowed" settings.

Can you tell me _how_ to install 'using the JAD-File'? My installing-application (Nokia PC Suite) only allows using the JAR-File....

regards

Franz
druzicka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must place .jad and .jar in one directory and install .jar from this directory in nokia pc suite
vanagaudi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Mouse cannot be connected Reply with quote

Hi,

Phone is Nokia E60 with Navilock Bluetooth Mouse BT-451.

Installation of TB 0.9.73 was as usual. When I set the location provider to "Bluetooth" the GPS Mouse is never connected. With the last installation of version 0.9.68 I did not have this problem.

When I tried GPS connectivity with the Nokia built-in Navigation SW to that BT-Mouse set was working without any problems.

Any ideas?

Please just ignore this post as it had been user's failure not to start the application.

BR
Helmut
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: