• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gautxori

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

since version 1.1.x .idx atlas work different than in version 1.0.x (at least with a nokia S40 and a samsung): now, when i select the .idx file as an atlas the program asks for the maps to be tarred (not the whole atlas - with vers 1.0.x they were untarred). If i rename the .idx to .tar, y get the same errors i got with older TB versions (sth about "too many files"... i use really big atlases)

Should i tar map folders, or is it any other mistake i'm making?

I'd be thankful for an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Stability Reply with quote

Sorry to tell:

stability problems:

the android 2.1 handy suddenly shows zoomed maps. After a restart of tb the display is correct. changing the map is not enough to correct the problem. Intermediate NullpointerExceptions happen. Zoom at 120% shows wrong routes.

After loading a gpx route with 'show all' it was not possible to hide the route again - there was no menu available for a hide. Loading another route didn't undo the old 'show all'

drawing the current track sometimes didn't show the last points while showing the correct actual position along the track there was a rather long linear line at the end - perhaps ok if there was no real fix, perhaps a sw problem, I don't know... but in earlier versions it didn't behave like this.

Even after Exiting TB the TaskManager shows TB as active! TB requests Internet rights, but no internet access is necessary - the combination of this problem with the rights theme gives a rather bad optics.

...all in all I'll switch to my good old version for the present
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gautxori wrote:
now, when i select the .idx file as an atlas the program asks for the maps to be tarred (not the whole atlas - with vers 1.0.x they were untarred). If i rename the .idx to .tar, y get the same errors i got with older TB versions (sth about "too many files"... i use really big atlases)

I've overlooked this scenario Embarassed I'll see what I can do to fix it soon.

Last edited by kruch on Wed May 02, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Stability Reply with quote

guest wrote:
TB requests Internet rights, but no internet access is necessary

This is because of extended HECL ("net" module with "http" command). I did not realize that - unlike other platforms - the stupid Android does not allow granting/revoking permissions individually.

I think with the next version, I will publish "non-internet" version to the market, and provide both versions on this website. HECL http command support is experimental and there are issues with it anyway.
gautxori

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
gautxori wrote:
now, when i select the .idx file as an atlas the program asks for the maps to be tarred (not the whole atlas - with vers 1.0.x they were untarred). If i rename the .idx to .tar, y get the same errors i got with older TB versions (sth about "too many files"... i use really big atlases)

I've overlooked this scenario Embarassed I'll see what I can do to fix it soon.

thanks. you're doing a great job.

lives

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: java.lang.NullPointerException on Android 4 ICS Reply with quote

Hello,
starting version 1.1.0 I get an error message "java.lang.NullPointerException" after few minutes when GPS is on. When I click Ok, the message appears again and again and I have to kill TrekBuddy...

Do you have any idea how to solve?

My phone is HTC Sensation with Android 4.0.4

2012-04-21_13-30-47.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  260.37 KB
 Viewed:  19405 Time(s)

2012-04-21_13-30-47.png

jirkav77

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map zoom is wonderful feature, thanks!!
billy06

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@lives no problem with 1.1.2 (2012-04-11 build) on sensation ICS 4.0.3
user1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. When I:
- enter value LESS than 100 in Map scaling field
- choose Ok
- after the error alert 'Back' and 'Save'
it works (despite this error alert) which is very useful Smile

2. As some people said, I also think that tracking your friends with 'live' plugins would be a great thing Smile

3. Maybe easyzoom with volume keys could work in Symbian with help of TBService?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: bug report for samsung solid b2710 Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

At the beginning i would like to send thanks for great software.

And I would like to report bugs that I have at samsung solid b2710 (j2me). I using TB v 1.1.1

1. When loading map created at MOBAC v1.9.7 (and v1.9 too) i have exception:
[3]: eu: Invalid header: '20 20 20 20 34 36 30' at offset 4096

2. I can't edit numeric settings with 12-key keyboard (such as Settings - Desktop - Map Scale) - i can't delete/backspace current value. It is possible for text box (i can hold # and open full-screen editing), but it isn't possible for numeric boxes.

I also want to suggest one improvement - is it possible to implement smoothly map scrolling?

I hope that my information is clear, if isn't let me know by forum/mail.

Regards,

babalu (pawel.babulewicz@gmail.com)
Celda

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: bug report for samsung solid b2710 Reply with quote

guest wrote:

1. When loading map created at MOBAC v1.9.7 (and v1.9 too) i have exception:
[3]: eu: Invalid header: '20 20 20 20 34 36 30' at offset 4096

Try to set "Settings - Misc - broken I/O" and reload the tarred atlas.

mobile: SAMSUNG SGH D880 Duos (dual SIM)
GPS: Qstarz BT-1200 Bluetooth Solar Travel Recorder (MTK chipset)
haddock

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: bug report for samsung solid b2710 Reply with quote

Quote:

2. I can't edit numeric settings with 12-key keyboard (such as Settings - Desktop - Map Scale) - i can't delete/backspace current value. It is possible for text box (i can hold # and open full-screen editing), but it isn't possible for numeric boxes.

You have to activate "TrekBuddy numeric input hack".

1. Start TrekBuddy
2. Go to: Menu > Settings > Misc > numeric input hack
3. Select it and save setting. After that "#" key will work fine

kono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps suggestion to update installation article on wiki page to save a little time. When installation more times failed - check that the date is correct.

I have tried it on default x/x/2000 date and always got only installation failed.
Russell23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: BlackBerry Curve Reply with quote

I upgraded to 1.1.1 on my old BlackBerry Curve and it no longer records GPS location. Pressing start changes the 'dot' from red to blue but does not bring up the 'R' symbol. Additionally the menu does not change to give the 'stop' and 'pause' options that you get when it is recording.

I deleted 1.1.1 and re-installed 1.1.0 and all now works well.

Any thoughts?

R
MCG1975

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, like many others, this is a great little piece of software, I can go caching with my otherwise useless Nokia 6303i Classic and external GPS and it works fine!

Well, that is with one small niggle that hasn't been fixed by upgrading to 1.1.1. If I open a GPX file and load a waypoint, then go back to open the GPX file again (or another GPX) then most of the time the phone goes blank and re-starts. I can re-start TrekBuddy and get it all back, but it takes time and is a bit of a pain.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt

PS just edited to add that I can press '1' and select a different waypoint in the same GPX fine, it's if I go in to select a new GPX file that it crashes. The size of the GPX file doesn't make any difference.

Last edited by MCG1975 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Versions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: