• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: 1.0.9 Reply with quote

Changelog
    - new feature 'easyzoom' (discussed in this topic), shortly: key 7/9 short press switches layers (on SE phones also Volume+- keys), long press 7 opens layers selection, long press opens maps selection
    - changed toggling mechanism on map screen between wpt name/cmt and crosshairs (discussed here); key* was used before,now it is key 0 long press that changes key 0 short press action; there is a short vibration feedback after toggle
    - slight touchscreen sensitivity adjustment and performance improvements

1.0.9 download page

Requirements Installation Configuration Customization Localization
billy06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long press till vibration does not change <name>/<cmt> double short press does,EDIT sorry all clear now "0"toggles name/cmt long press till vibration changes to crosshair toggle"mode" long prees till vibration switches back to name/cmt toggle, 7 and 9 to zoom maps works well not sure about the new touch screen calibration maybe im just used to how it was

Last edited by billy06 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Zoom Reply with quote

Thanks for zoom, fantastic, I like it :)
Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No layer skip if no map for position in next layer.
Did you checked if it is still possible to control sounds volume, when keys are used for layer changing ?
michal7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zooming by volume key (SE W910i) is very good.
Long press of 7/9/volume does not work properly, if the key is long pressed twice - layers are switched. No difference for any combination of numeric and volume keys with the zoom function. Only every 2nd long press zoom is OK, if different operation is not performed.
New Zero key functionality as described.
EDIT: Agreement with Yearling - Volume+ = Zoom+ would be better.

Last edited by michal7 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
yearling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.0.9 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
new feature 'easyzoom' (discussed in this topic), shortly: key 7/9 short press switches layers

It's great Smile
IMHO it would be better to change key 7 and 9 - now 7=+zoom and 9=-zoom
I think 7=-zoom and 9=+zoom would be better Smile
Sorry for my nitpicking Wink
billy06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an observation : <name>/ <cmt> toggle use to be name shown, first press nothing shown just icon, next press <cmt> shown , next press nothing shown just icon , next press <name> shown etc etc this is still the same in "show all" but navigate to just toggles name , cmt, name etc but this is fine as its handy to not show <name> / <cmt> in show all at times as it obstructs the map, i have got used to the new calibration now and find long press 3 much easyer to use and now i have sussed the long press "0" this is a very good update many thanks Very Happy
brabl2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be possible to choose (somewhere in Settings) whether Maps or Layers are switched using 'easyzoom'? I have my atlas created with MOBAC (zoom levels are in maps section) and new easyzoom feature is useless for me (I would even say that new behaviour of key 7 and 9 is bothering me).
noordfiets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On nokia 5230

Zoom works as long as a map exists for the coordinates, as described by Ranger. Volumekeys don't zoom, luckely: I use them to change mp3/radio volume ... if feature kept perhaps option to switch zoom or volume in settings?
Am I correct that you select on directory-order? Because I have an atlas where directory order (100-50-index ) is not zoom-order (index-50-100) , and in this atlas 9 zooms in and 7 zooms out. Not a big deal, renaming to a-index,b-50,c-100 solved this.

0 switch long press works. Cycle when not navigating: wpts only > plus name > wpts only > plus comments, so the second wpts only could go and cycle would be: wptd > + name > +comments.
When navigating cycle is: gotowpt-name > all wpts name > gotowpt-comment > all wpt comments.

New to me: in wayointlist longpress on waypoint shows expanding blue circle and than submenu. Did I miss this or is this really new?

Glitches ( may be older, not this release ): Goto does not show waypoint as a circle. After ..: navigate to, show all, hide all, another show all does not show wpts again.

Not sure about touchscreen yet, seems to be more accurate to nailpress at the cost of not allways responding to thumb press, esp. in landscape mode.
But it locks the touchscreen for some other applications. So running TB in background no longer possible. Thats a serious bug to me.

Just another question: is there a limit on the number of maps in an atlas? I have an atlas with several different layers, but all layers have about 40+ maps. So total 80+ sets. In additon I have one indexmap. Switching from index to map runs in any position. Changing zoom works in any position. But scrolling over to another map in the same layer does not. I need to switch to index, move a bit in the direction I want to move and switch layers to desired zoom again.

quite a long post .....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: 1.0.9 on Nokia E61i - 7 and 9 not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9. My Nokia E61i (s60v3) does not change layers on short press of 7 or 9 key. However the long press of 7 or 9 works.

I am actually using a keymap.txt file:
109=48
114=49
116=50
122=51
102=52
103=53
104=54
118=55
98=56
110=57
117=42
106=35
Is this a problem?

Thanks,
Narayanan
shen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1.0.9 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
- new feature 'easyzoom' (discussed in this topic), shortly: key 7/9 short press switches layers (on SE phones also Volume+- keys), long press 7 opens layers selection, long press opens maps selection

- changed toggling mechanism on map screen between wpt name/cmt and crosshairs (discussed here); key* was used before,now it is key 0 long press that changes key 0 short press action; there is a short vibration feedback after toggle

Works great for me on BB9700 OS6, thanks so much for two features that make my TB life much easier in the future Smile

Stefan

Benz-Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch!

Thanks for the new version of trekbuddy!

I wonder, why the number of satellites is not supported with Samsung B2710.

The device itself can display the number of satellites when using the newest firmware B2710XXJK1. Therefore I guess the internal GPS receiver provides this info.

But why doesn't trekbuddy display it?
michaelboruta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: GPX Reply with quote

Easy zoom is a handy featuer, but there is still no GPX fix Crying or Very sad
Also it would be handy if you could include real zoom (just simple dubbling of pixels) for new touch screen smartphones, because they have higher resolution and pixel density. For example on my HTC desire, street names are hardly visible on zoom 15 of google maps, whereas on my old nokia 5310 phone it was big and clearly legible...
electronic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, great job Krunch, I thank and congratulate

Why is the "zoom" changes between layers? Why not switch between maps?
I mean, I make the atlases as follows:

I did zoom switch between maps, not between layers Confused
Do I make the atlases in the wrong way? Confused Confused

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.0.9 Reply with quote

Works great for me on BB9700 OS6, thanks so much for two features that make my TB life much easier in the future :-)

Stefan[/quote]

I use TB for about 2 years and always wanted a zoom feature. now I'm trying for few hours to figure out how this easyzoom works and I can't find an end of it.
I use a BB9700 with OS6-448 + TB 1.0.9 and make my maps with Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8
Trekbuddy works just fine but nowhere to find a zoom ,7, 9, +, -, short, long...nothing (actually 9 scrolls down)

What do I do wrong ?

Could someone post a foolproof procedure ?

Thank you in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: