• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Graphical Atlas creator for TrekBuddy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i know about the not so nice "\\" the 0.6 was supposed to be a version working for Linux aswell, but i found out that i had missed a lot of: "\\" in the code, now i have made a new version which is not released yet, but it probably will be tonight.

Regards
Moller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I made a mistake... Thanks to Moller, Holler is an old friend of mine... I'm sorry !!

Romain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again !

Moller, I did not see your reply. Do you want me to test your application under linux ? It would be better if you can share your source code, I will send you the necessary patches for this great tool ! It will still yours, I will just verify that it is working with my debian distro ! Smile

see you !

Romain
Moller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, i will as i wrote earlier, release a new version later this night and that would be good if that would be tested under Linux aswell.

Regards
Moller
Moller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: New version Reply with quote

Version 0.6.1 of TrekBuddy Atlas Creator is now available.

Differences from previous version is that:

- Fixed linux support (Hopefully)
- Fixed the set Look & Feel bug that was present on other systems than Windows.
- Added a feature so that it is possible to select which site to download tiles from: maps.google.com or ditu.google.com

The installation of this version is the same as for the previous version, so if yuo do not know how to do it, see the previous release note.

Regards
Moller

TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_v0.6.1.jar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_v0.6.1.jar
 Filesize:  45.36 KB
 Downloaded:  1104 Time(s)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Nice version ! It's working correctly under my debian box. Thank you Moller !

One thing : I still have problems with buttons texts (latitude etc) that are not aligned on buttons, or are too big (on bottom buttons) and it is only written "..." because it can not be displayed.

it's great!!

thx!

Romain
Moller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Romain

Good that the core of the application is working now. About the GUI, that is another problem which is correlated to the approach i have chosen to build the GUI. Teh problem is because you get another look and feel in debian than in Windows and as it is now it is optimized for windows. I will have to think about how to solve this issue in a good way.

Regards
Moller
filipo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

Great application!

However, I have a problem - the created tarred atlas is corrupted. Only one of selected layers is ok, the other ones are packed as nested tars in tars, the depth looks unlimited.

I include the profile with what I am getting the problem (using google maps).

profiles.xml.txt
 Description:
Profile with a problem (remove the extension .txt)

Download
 Filename:  profiles.xml.txt
 Filesize:  4.86 KB
 Downloaded:  153 Time(s)

Moller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

@filipo

I tried your profile out right now, and i can both confirm your bug report, and also not confirm...

The thing is that there is, a known bug, that locks the tar files, some times and that gives the result that you describe.

If you close TAC then the tar file should look good?

This is of course not a good behavior, and i will take a look at it as soon as possible.

Regards
Moller
filipo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

Moller wrote:
@filipo

I tried your profile out right now, and i can both confirm your bug report, and also not confirm...

The thing is that there is, a known bug, that locks the tar files, some times and that gives the result that you describe.

If you close TAC then the tar file should look good?

This is of course not a good behavior, and i will take a look at it as soon as possible.

Regards
Moller

1) I will try and report the result
2) Does the application use API for tar or does it still call 7-zip?
3) Would you mind sharing the source code? I would like to help you in improving the application, I think there is lots of things to improve, and the idea to have such an application is really great.

Regards
Filip
Moller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

1) Good

2) I built my own tar application in java, so it uses only pure java code to produce the jar files.

3) Well i do not plan to open up the sources at this stage in the development, since i think I would like to develop it in my planned direction for a couple of versions more.

What are the major things you think of that must be improved at the moment?

Regards
Moller
filipo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

Moller wrote:
1) Good

2) I built my own tar application in java, so it uses only pure java code to produce the jar files.

3) Well i do not plan to open up the sources at this stage in the development, since i think I would like to develop it in my planned direction for a couple of versions more.

What are the major things you think of that must be improved at the moment?

Regards
Moller

1) Unfortunately, any attempt fails on my computer. It is interesting that each time a different tar is corrupted. However, I have not succeeded in any of several attempts. Before I ran the application, I had always deleted all related directories.

2) Why don't you use something like commons-compress library from Apache? They implement the standard TAR algorithms very well.

3) That's a pity, but your right of course.

Major improvement suggestions:

- make the map interactive, i.e. enable panning and selecting the atlas area with the mouse
- improve TAR stability (use standard libraries instead reinventing the wheel Smile )
- process the files as streams instead of using working directories (better memory management, cleaner code, less mess on the disk)
- implement CANCEL button on the progress bar
- enable setting of the slice size
- enable opening an existing atlas and reslicing (I wrote an open source application for this purpose, it could be integrated into yours)
- enable setting of the image quality (useful for conversion to 4bpp)
- enable choosing the map style (satellite, standard)
- enable changing the main window size (let users with larger screens benefit from this feature)

Quite a lot of work Smile If I gave it a little more time, I would probably find other things to do.

Filip
Moller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

Quote:

1) Unfortunately, any attempt fails on my computer. It is interesting that each time a different tar is corrupted. However, I have not succeeded in any of several attempts. Before I ran the application, I had always deleted all related directories.

So you have tested it by turning of the application also, and the tar files are still corrupt?

Quote:

2) Why don't you use something like commons-compress library from Apache? They implement the standard TAR algorithms very well.

Good question, i did not know about this library, i will try it out.

Quote:

- process the files as streams instead of using working directories (better memory management, cleaner code, less mess on the disk)

That is planned, the current solution is an old bad one, but working.

Quote:

- implement CANCEL button on the progress bar

That should be possible without to much work i think

Quote:

- enable opening an existing atlas and reslicing (I wrote an open source application for this purpose, it could be integrated into yours)

Where can i find that application?

Quote:

That would be nice, but yet i have not found any solution for that in java. Do you have any idea about it?

Quote:

That is planned aswell, but not a prioritized one, at the moment.

Quote:

- enable changing the main window size (let users with larger screens benefit from this feature)

That is true, I might reconsider the choice of layout.

Quote:

Quite a lot of work Smile If I gave it a little more time, I would probably find other things to do.

Yes it is, but some of these things could be solved as standalone projects, color depth for instance, and i would appreciate any help with coding that functionality.

Regards
Moller
filipo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

Moller wrote:
Quote:

So you have tested it by turning of the application also, and the tar files are still corrupt?

Yes, exactly. I also rebooted the computer. The behavior is really really weird - that must be a really stupid problem.

Quote:

Quote:

Where can i find that application?

Here is the source code:
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/download.php?id=852

Written very fast, it could be done better, but it works. You can see how the Apache tar library is used. You can obtain the library without any fee here:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-compress/commons-compress/20050911/commons-compress-20050911.jar

Quote:

Quote:

That would be nice, but yet i have not found any solution for that in java. Do you have any idea about it?

I have the same problem in my application. Unfortunately I have not found any simple solution yet. But I can promise helping in this area and solve it separately. Then, I can release the solution as open source. With the file headers retained, you will be allowed to use what I write (provided that I succeed first Smile ).

Quote:

Quote:

That is planned aswell, but not a prioritized one, at the moment.

I agree, this is just a good idea which does not have to be implemented now.

[quote]
franzkalla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New version Reply with quote

Moller wrote:
Version 0.6.1 of TrekBuddy Atlas Creator is now available. Moller

Hi there!

Is there a chance to run this under WindowsXP? Confused Embarassed If 'Yes', where do i find a 'HowTo'?
You can send me an answer/link also to franzkalla (at) yahoo (dot) de

TIA

Franz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 5 of 40

Jump to: