• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Samsung S5620 Monte
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
7usY

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

U must download TB to phone or SD card memory. U can do that via USB or BT. U should also download some maps and atlases with your area to memory. On forum u find few ways to create a maps using google maps.
On SD or phone memory create directories which TB will use. It's explained on forum.Next u must find TB in phone explorer and select .jar or .jad file to install it.
If u'll have a problem with installing try with older version of TB ( my is 0.9.96). It'll install in games. After starting TB app in java u have to allow TB to use memory and your account in phone( I select something like "allow, ask once"). In menu choose settings->Basic and in Data Dir tab type: "file:///Mmc/trekbuddy/" if u using maps on SD card.
In settings->Misc-> tick "safe render","forced GC","large atlases", "lazy GPX parsing"; In settings-> Location-> change provider to "internal".

If u succesfully load map or atlas, by pressing top-right button u activate internal GPS. Red dot become into blue, and after few minutes when GPS calculate your position dot become to green and map 'll refresh to your actual position.
If u shutdown TB for few minuter, and start again it find your posiiton in several seconds. I didn't saw a difference between battery and AC powering in GPS work.

Sometimes I have problem with loading atlases and maps. Java occur a recursive errror and I must shutdown app. Best solution is to load your own map or atlas(files with extension .tar) created by Mobile Atlas Creator 1.7. Other way to create map is use google maps to trekbuddy maps.

Error [6] null: java.lang.NullPointerException:0 occur when I select "load map" and try to load atlas, or select" load atlas" and try to load map. Sometimes same error occur when i try to load atlases or maps posted on forum.

If somebody have some questions please post me a private message and I answer on forum.

7usY

szajsung s5620 + SDCH 8GB

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I own a Monte, but seems the GPS need internet connection to work.

I browse to Setting -> GPS setting i can see numbers of satellite detected but i can't get my position. Its always showing 0

When i make data connection to internet & using google map it worked

regards,
Lg
gmajnkek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/0998-RC3/trekbuddy.jad
http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/0998-RC3/trekbuddy.jar

Helo. I have samsung monte for few days now and i have readed about TB and some mgmaps... so i know both run offline. But hm i am wondering how to open this .jad file on my monte, cause i cant do it cause of some "error" (file cant be opend).
Now i am wondering how to open this .jad and if this .jad file is needed to install the TB on my phone. I tryed to install it with the .jar and the TB was installed.
Well i really dont know what else should i say about my problem...but i hope u know what i wanted to say Smile Smile

oh also this... after i will install TB i will aslo need some maps or? (where to get maps of Slovenia)

thx & greets!!
gmajnkek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7usY wrote:

Sometimes I have problem with loading atlases and maps. Java occur a recursive errror and I must shutdown app. Best solution is to load your own map or atlas(files with extension .tar) created by Mobile Atlas Creator 1.7. Other way to create map is use google maps to trekbuddy maps.
Error [6] null: java.lang.NullPointerException:0 occur when I select "load map" and try to load atlas, or select" load atlas" and try to load map. Sometimes same error occur when i try to load atlases or maps posted on forum.
If somebody have some questions please post me a private message and I answer on forum.
7usY

When i made my atlas (made with MOBAC) i made it as TrekBuddy untared atlas. Maybe this is the problem.

guest wrote:

I own a Monte, but seems the GPS need internet connection to work.
I browse to Setting -> GPS setting i can see numbers of satellite detected but i can't get my position. Its always showing 0
When i make data connection to internet & using google map it worked

Its also if ur in a building or the weather is bad than the satelites wont find you. Go outside and try it again:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: GPS Vs GPS+ Reply with quote

I believe the samsung monte should come with something called GPS+ and google maps enabled and working with GPS. If not, it's probably because your service provide has removed these features and will happily charge you a fee to put them back.

Called samsung and they hinted that you can download GPS+ but would not tell where from. Does anyone have any idea where to get it from? Would help a lot. GPS works but only approx. location.
gmajnkek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GPS Vs GPS+ Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I believe the samsung monte should come with something called GPS+ and google maps enabled and working with GPS. If not, it's probably because your service provide has removed these features and will happily charge you a fee to put them back.

Called samsung and they hinted that you can download GPS+ but would not tell where from. Does anyone have any idea where to get it from? Would help a lot. GPS works but only approx. location.

MENU - SETTINGS - Phone settings - gps settings. Here you have gps locations (satalites) and GPS+.

Yes there are also google maps v3.0 on the phone (work online), but i prefer you trekbuddy, WeTravel or MGMaps.
saesje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Vs GPS+ Reply with quote

gmajnkek wrote:
guest wrote:

MENU - SETTINGS - Phone settings - gps settings. Here you have gps locations (satalites) and GPS+.

Yes there are also google maps v3.0 on the phone (work online), but i prefer you trekbuddy, WeTravel or MGMaps.

But the problem is that some people (including me) don't have GPS+ on their mobile!

I would like to know if I can download it somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,

finaly i manage to get TB & GPS to work on my monte, after waiting for like 7-8minutes =) very nice

is TB map zoomable? i cant see any zoom button..

regards,
lg
Cactus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
is TB map zoomable? i cant see any zoom button..
No, you need to install a map at each zoom level you require.
johnbrown78

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Hello vahillah, Did you get any answer?If yes then Please let me know because I am also looking for the same answer.I bought it from http://www.prepaymania.co.uk/mobilephone/samsung-s5620-monte-black-unlocked.html and it is really doing very well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why does it take so long to get satellite lock? Velox (http://www.veloxgps.de) locks in under 1 minute and sometimes even in seconds!
If its the same phone, chip and mobile network then TB must be doing something wrong and/or very inefficiently.

BTW, it`s the same story with GoogleMaps.
jlplazaola

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Samsung 5620 Monte. CMS error Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I get the following error message when I move through the different panels of the CMS. It doesn't matter wich CMS is loaded and it happens when I change from the last panel to the first one, or from the last to the first one

"Failed to load profile
di: attr value delimiter missing"

Any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I also bought some day ago a new monte and have installed trekbuddy 1.0 now. But when I press start I always got an error.
" All providers are out of service"

I configured tekbuddy as you said: Internal GPS ....
Data Dir tab type: "file:///Mmc/trekbuddy/", because my maps are on SD card.
In settings->Misc-> tick "safe render","forced GC","large atlases", "lazy GPX parsing"; In settings-> Location-> change provider to "internal

Goolge Maps is working without problems. GPS-Positin is found within 30sec. 5 Sat are available.
GPS-position is shown within 10sec under phonesettings--> GPS-position.

Please tell me why trekbuddy will not find the internal GPS reciever ?

regards
Leopold
mru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The problem is that Monte uses AGPS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS

"Standalone" or "Autonomous" GPS operation use radio signals from satellites alone. A-GPS additionally uses network resources to locate and utilize the satellites faster as well as better in poor signal conditions. In very poor signal conditions, for example in a city, these signals may suffer multipath propagation where signals bounce off buildings, or be weakened by passing through atmospheric conditions, walls or tree cover. When first turned on in these conditions, some standalone GPS navigation devices may not be able to work out a position due to the fragmentary signal, rendering them unable to function until a clear signal can be received continuously for up to 12.5 minutes (the time needed to download the GPS almanac and ephemeris).[2]

An Assisted GPS system can address these problems by using data available from a network.

The problem is that most porbably Monte waits for network to get precise location (what is probably not needed in many cases)...

Could you try to start TB when your mobile is connected to network? Does it help?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: SE Aino Reply with quote

I've been trying to use TB for over 2 months now ..
I've install everything right, the maps, the application, everything and still cant get it right ..

it does point my location, just not turn by turn navigation when i travel ..
help me, i'm a dummy here ..
anyone kind enough to give details on how to make it right ..??
(from installing to working) with Aino ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Devices All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: