• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnomosg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kruch!

Thanks for great TB !!!

I discovered and start using it recently Smile

I have one question:
Is it possible to add option which close current gpx track file and start the new one once per day? For example at midnight?

It will be useful when TB works 24h/day (e.g. in the car):
- TB will generate 1 file per day
and
-it will be possible to download older track files via bluetooth from phone without touching the phone (current track file is locked by TB)

Thanks in advance Smile
Gnomosg
lambdacpap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambdacpap wrote:
kruch wrote:

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2009-09-05/index.php

JAD file already has UI-RightKey attribute with "Close" value, and the command should trigger screen redrawing. Let me know Wink

Tested the beta above: The right soft key is now labeled "Close" but when I press it the screen isn`t redrawn. So, same behavior as before. As soon as I do something that requires a redraw the menu bar is gone (all this is being disconnected from the GPS receiver).

I would consider this bug as cosmetic only. Once you know it it`s not a problem...

One important observation with this version: I cannot open any waypoint file any more (GC-pocketqueries, converted Google maps routes or waypoints saved by TB itself). When I press select in the waypoint list just nothing happens. The beta from 2009-09-02 works fine (and this version I will continue to use).
haraldh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record regarding the problem with opening tracks (N97+JRE 2.0 beta).

I experience crashes when opening tracks in portratid mode only. If I flip the phone open, the phone switches the screen into landscape I'm am able to open every track without a problem.

It took a while to figure out why it crashed sometimes while worked perfectly some other time...

moinmoin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambdacpap wrote:
lambdacpap wrote:
kruch wrote:

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2009-09-05/index.php

JAD file already has UI-RightKey attribute with "Close" value, and the command should trigger screen redrawing. Let me know Wink

Tested the beta above: The right soft key is now labeled "Close" but when I press it the screen isn`t redrawn. So, same behavior as before. As soon as I do something that requires a redraw the menu bar is gone (all this is being disconnected from the GPS receiver).

I would consider this bug as cosmetic only. Once you know it it`s not a problem...

One important observation with this version: I cannot open any waypoint file any more (GC-pocketqueries, converted Google maps routes or waypoints saved by TB itself). When I press select in the waypoint list just nothing happens. The beta from 2009-09-02 works fine (and this version I will continue to use).

I can confirm this post. Neither old nor new recorded tracks or waypoints can be opened. Looks like as if "select" would do just nothing. I'm using a N95.
gdpno69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Settings menu Reply with quote

Settings -> Location -> Tracklog
Now it is set to 'ask'; I set it to 'never' and press ok (left soft key on N95): nothing happens and if I want to save the configuration I have to press Cancel. This happens with Bluetooth configuration activated, for example, and other configurations. When Internal configuration is active everything works fine.
gdpno69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Key 7 and 9 Reply with quote

I am not 100% sure, but in one of your previous versions, next and previous WPT (keys 7 and 9) were sorted according to distance, very useful in flights, and not only. Is this a feature we can have back (if I remember well)?
HerrSchafer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Error Reply with quote

kruch!

I´m having troubles when I try to change atlases layers, or when I move cursor; I made atlases using TAC, both tared and untared gives me the same:
Code:
[7]null:InvalidMapException [null]:Failed to load tile:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Then it keeps changing from map to message error; if I end it, it runs normally after restart. Tech info says:
Code:
Plataform MAUI_WAP_Browser
Memory 1024000/91616
ExtraJsr 75 120 135

The phone is a SciPhone i68+ and none of map apps I´ve installed works; TB is the nearest from success I´ve come.

Thanks!

ps. I´ve tested generic and lite versions, both fail

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambdacpap wrote:
One important observation with this version: I cannot open any waypoint file any more

That is a bug in that build and I'm withdrawing it right now.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@HerrSchafer AFAIK SciPhone i68+ has very limited memory

@gdpno69 it should not have changed, have you set Settings->Navigation->Sort by: distance?
HerrSchafer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@HerrSchafer AFAIK SciPhone i68+ has very limited memory

Hi Kruch!

2 questions:

a) how much memory is necessary to run TB?

b) what is AFAIK? (I´m new here...)

Thanks!

haraldh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Far As I Know
gdpno69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: WPT sorting and BT discovery Reply with quote

Quote:
@gdpno69 it should not have changed, have you set Settings->Navigation->Sort by: distance?

Yes. I can see WPTs correctly sorted when I open a file, but with keys 7 and 9 sorting is based on WPT position in file, not on distance.

Another change is the following.
When I wanted to start the BT device, I used an entry in the menu 'Start Nokia LD-3W', while when I wanted to start the internal receiver I used 'Start'. Now with Start I get again the BT device discovery, while I have to change Settings in order to use the internal device. Is this the new desired behaviour (perfectly acceptable)?

Using N95 8Gb
haddock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Settings menu Reply with quote

gdpno69 wrote:
Settings -> Location -> Tracklog

Same thing (and sort of workaround Rolling Eyes) already posted in http://trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28198#28198

haddock

rod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with creating lists Wpt and tracks Reply with quote

Hello Kruch:

Thank you very much for the upgrade list management of data, it was incredible. Very Happy

Yesterday I download the 0989 version and notice that when I open track and then press back "volver" in the version in Spanish, the track disappears and appears on the wpts list. This returns to normal when I return to the track list and open any other track. Another way around this is to re-initialize TB. I have a C702 sony phone.

Thanks you.

RSG.
cus89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Blacklight problem, Nokia 3120Classic Reply with quote

Hi,

I try the 0.9.89 version of Trekbuddy on Nokia 3120Classic.

I have a blacklight problem, same as with 0.9.88. (Older version is ok.)

The key "3" sometimes working, change the light energy and see correct messages. But often
not working, the light is same and the messages is same with previous message.

Info->Technical->DeviceCtrl:

DeviceCtrl:
Nokia null/null

Thanks to any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: