• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavelh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kruch:

Yes, you are right. "Hide all" helps. But it would be more comfortable if "show all" was always visible. It could do hide all automatically instead of the user.

But list of gpx files is not ordered at all. The last used file is displayed first, this is OK. But the other files are not ordered. If you want I can send a screenshot.
tomten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

I've installed the .89 release candidate on my SonyEricsson P1i:

- indeed the responsiveness on the map scrolling is fixed - nice

- Loading GPX seems a it faster and holding down "1" is more responsive again - great

- Backlight still seems fine

- Pretty slow loading of tar'ed maps (256x256 tilesize), but working

Will try to look further.

Brs /Tomas
rt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haraldh wrote:
I don't think the precision of the GPS-receiver allows for a real precision of position with a thousand of a second?

You'd be surprised, then. Relative accuracy is typically much better for time than for position.

In absolute terms: yes, a GPS device is precise within thousands of a second (even more than that but is does not matter now).

kruch wrote:
@haraldh right, I guess fractional part is too "scientific", despite conforming to the spec, and despite the fact some GPS can give you fix more frequently than 1 Hz; I'll remove it

I'd rather you did not remove it.

Firstly, the reasoning behind it is braindead -- to cripple an app that is perfectly OK (spec compliant) to make a different one (pretty insignificant for most users) work. How about resolving it by talking to the authors of the other app?

Secondly, and more importantly, as you said: MTK based devices are able to provide fixes at 5Hz. Many people find it very useful for some applications.

In short, it'd be better if it stayed as it is.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jakob the altas is incomplete (each map contains on 0-0 tile) - is it by intention or not?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rt,harald i'll make it configurable
tomten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, Kruch!

This is really a suggestion for change, and may not fit in this thread...

I've been browsing through the forum and I agree with some people that the current application icon is not too good. It has first of all some transparency issues which looks odd at least on my device. Further, the icon is very small and looks odd in comparison to other icons.

Still, I understand that you wish to keep the icon a trecking foot.

I was thinking a bit - if you would allow a larger icon, maybe it could be in the form of a shoe with both a dotted "tracklog" beneath it and a crosshair showing the way forward. I did some elaboration and also colored the shoe in the Geocaching colors. Sample looks a bit corny but it may prove the concept that it is possible to improve the current application icon without making it too big.

I should also state that the attached picture is a modified picture of a b&w shoe I 'borrowed' from internet using Google image search.

I will try later to post a photo from my device with the old icon among the others I have on my P1i desktop, and trying out the one I have attached to this post.

Best regards
/Tomas
[/i]

shoe_icon.png
 Description:
Icon - 'proof of concept'...
 Filesize:  3.74 KB
 Viewed:  11152 Time(s)

shoe_icon.png

shen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the Icon should be discussed in a new thread, thanks.

Anyway the actual one looks fine on my BB Bold.

Stefan
Jakob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@jakob the altas is incomplete (each map contains on 0-0 tile) - is it by intention or not?

Yep it is .. towards the 'mapless screen' Smile

Actually it works quite well already, as long as zoom level is not being changed.

Some additional features in TB would help of course:

1/ If tile is not found, redraw screen in black eg (fill with zeros),
to avoid artefacts.
2/ Suppress popup exceptions, configurable in settings maybe.

Also this would be useful:

3/ If outside the range defined by the *.set of tiles, assume
eg black color tile, This could even help in case of regular (filled) atlasses,
if you enter areas beyond the rim.

Not pushing for this (but really 'nice to have', eg for 'unlimited' zooming of recorded tracks)
--- but still, any chance to get it implemented some day?

haraldh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@rt,harald i'll make it configurable
Many many thanks! I do appreciate the point that rt has, and I am too feeling that the current situation is right, conforming to specs.

I am however unable to get the other app fixed, so I appreciate Kruch's time on this very much. Thank you.
Case

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the 0.9.89RC for Android and most of the time when I start GPS and switch to CMS screen, I get an endless loop of "Render Failure: java.lang IllegalArgumentException: Unknown field" and pretty much the only way out is to kill TB. 0.9.88 was pretty much the same. When the GPS is not running, switching to CMS screen works just fine.
I understand that Android version is more of an alpha version, but reporting nevertheless.
On the other hand, the ability to use menus without trackball in 0.8.89RC is great.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Case what a stupid bug Sad , fortunately not android specific, but a side effect of imperial units, easy to fix.
Android is becoming very important platform for TB, and working on Android port is very exciting Cool
Case

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that imperial units don't seem to be working at all in CMS on Android build? Wink (as I mentioned yesterday while posting the Gris2 CMS template for Android and forgot to mention here as well...)
As for Android (if I may venture a bit off-topic here...), as I see the current state of map/GPS/geocaching apps, I think TB has the opportunity to make it quite big there, I think there's a gap in the market that it can fill nicely, so it's great to hear that and keep up the great work! Smile The speed at which the Android version progresses is amazing. I'm spreading the word about TB, especially (but not limited to) about TB for Android, any way I can Smile (yeah, like that means anything Wink )
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: RC3 Reply with quote

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2009-08-29/index.php

- attempted to solve wpts duplication but could not reproduce
- minor improvements in android version
- fixed CMS problem when imperial units are used
- Exit/Back on SE changed - let me know, on K550 it is fine
- fixed geocaching GPX extensions serialization + configurable time format (ss versus ss.sss) in Settings->Location->GPX options log time ms
- better handling of "incomplete" maps

Tested very briefly on G1, B8800 and K550i. I did no longevity testing... you could Wink
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haraldh wrote:
This on a N97 with the nokia betalabs JRE 2. I exited and started again and no error this time. Haven't got this error before, it could've just been a fluke.

This is rather interesting. They (Nokia) say: "From now on, Java Runtime will be developed and released independent from S60 releases.". I must add that they should have done this years ago!
I would like to hope that the JRE will also be available for all editiond of S60 3rd, but I do not even dare to ... Sad
billy06

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wpt duplication is now slightly different, if you add wpt to new file, 1st wtp is ok then every other is duplicated, but now if you add wpt to existing file every wpt that is added is duplicated (before it was only second third etc)
so to sum up if wpt is added to file with existing wpts each one added is duplicated
CMS problem when imperial units is indeed fixed Smile (TB must be restarted for the switch to take effect!!)
geocaching GPX extensions are perfect !!!!
tested on trip into town running for about a 2 hours all working very well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: