• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krzysiekz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe instead of 'raw gpx' in settings menu, allow user to set minimal distance and time between track points?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Hi Kruch,

could you please add the "Lambert I,II,III,IV" and "II extended" for the France ?

All the maps from the IGN (French National Geographic Institute) are using the Lambert projections. Using other projection instead of Lambert result in an important offset if the map covers a quite wide zone ...

Thank you in advance Wink

OK, I'll put this task on my list Smile
llogar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: A few observations, suggestions and bugs... Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

Thank you for this software. I find it very useful on my biking trips - although as I have painfully found out, don't hold a phone in one hand while braking with the other hand Sad

I am using it on my Nokia 6151 and a Nemerix NJ2020 based BT GPS. I have several maps, the largest being 20000x30000 1:50000 map of Slovenia.

And although I am really extremely satisfied with it I have a few small (and also not so small) suggestions:

A cosmetic one: The TrekBuddy application has no icon. At least on my Nokia it has a default java applet icon.

It would be very useful if one could change the map (using keys '7' and '9') and the cursor would stay at the same coordinates. So one could use a coarser map to navigate around the map faster and then switch to a finer map to see the details of a location.

When there are no selected way points, I think it would be useful if the status line at the top of the screen would show the distance and course from the GPS location to the current cursor position (as if the cursor position was a kind of way point)

As krzysiekz already suggested 2 posts earlier, it would be fine if the user could set a minimal distance and time between logged points.

At least on my Nokia, when using CMS display, {wpt-azi} does not show the azimuth, but distance to the way point instead. ie. {wpt-dist} and {wpt-azi} show the same info.

Is there a chance, that TrekBuddy would also send logged data over GPRS to a remote server?

I have also tried TrekBuddy on a Nokia 6233 which has a 240x320 display. And when I am using a map with 512x512 tiles, it runs out of memory. I think that this happens when it tries to display corners where 4 tiles are tiled together? Can this be fixed or is using smaller tiles the only solution?

I hope I was not wasting to much of your time with these suggestions...

Best regards
Luka
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A few observations, suggestions and bugs... Reply with quote

llogar wrote:
It would be very useful if one could change the map (using keys '7' and '9') and the cursor would stay at the same coordinates.

Yes indeed that would be useful - I'll implement it in current version.
Exclamation EDIT: This already works for atlases!
llogar wrote:
At least on my Nokia, when using CMS display, {wpt-azi} does not show the azimuth, but distance to the way point instead. ie. {wpt-dist} and {wpt-azi} show the same info.

Hmm that's an ugly bug - I'll try to fix it current version too.
llogar wrote:
Is there a chance, that TrekBuddy would also send logged data over GPRS to a remote server?

Not in the near future; isn't there any application that could be used to send (log)files to a server meanwhile?
llogar wrote:
And when I am using a map with 512x512 tiles, it runs out of memory. I think that this happens when it tries to display corners where 4 tiles are tiled together? Can this be fixed or is using smaller tiles the only solution?

I see two options - either use smaller tiles or use 1-tile scrolling tweak in Settings (but it is a bit poor man's solution)
llogar wrote:
I hope I was not wasting to much of your time with these suggestions...

Quite the contrary - I thank you!
Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: A few observations, suggestions and bugs... Reply with quote

llogar wrote:

When there are no selected way points, I think it would be useful if the status line at the top of the screen would show the distance and course from the GPS location to the current cursor position (as if the cursor position was a kind of way point)

Interesting idea to have distance calculation from current GPS position to any point on map.
First I propose to have some kind of "moving map mode" indicator, like icon or just "MM" text before number of satellites for easy modes interpretation - map or provider position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: