• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavelh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To lambdacpap:
1. This is a bug. It is discussed in this thread:
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3358
It seems that it occurs only on Sony Ericsson phones. I think that it can be fixed bud until this is done you can use this solution: press 1 (it will open waypoints menu) and then you can press right soft key (cancel).
2. I have C702 and never seen this problem.

To kruch:
Could you please look at the end of the thread related to that bug? I have added some new information. I think that the problem can be caused by buffering the keys which are pressed while the menu bar is opened.
MaxVK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bas wrote:

I have problem with backlight to have it still ON. Even in 0.9.87 is turning OFF after a minute. Do I have to change some options in TB or install something else? I had TB service before but it didn't work (with backlight) and in new 0.9.87 version also so I got rid of it but the problem with backlight is still the same...
Nokia N5800 (3rd FP2)

Same Phone, same problem. Backlight didn't work with Trekbuddy Service and it doesn't work with TB v0.987. I even tried the Smartlight-Application, which is used for keeping the backlight on, but after the time, which is set up in the phone-settings (nokia 5800: 5 to 60 seconds) the display gets dark (only with trekbuddy).
It only works for me with "S60 Spot on" (Freeware). The Software can be downloaded here: http://www.outbank.de/download/s60spoton.html (Scroll down to "1. S60SpotOn.SISX (3rd edition)").
lambdacpap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pavelh wrote:
To lambdacpap:
1. This is a bug. It is discussed in this thread:
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3358
It seems that it occurs only on Sony Ericsson phones. I think that it can be fixed bud until this is done you can use this solution: press 1 (it will open waypoints menu) and then you can press right soft key (cancel).
2. I have C702 and never seen this problem.

To kruch:
Could you please look at the end of the thread related to that bug? I have added some new information. I think that the problem can be caused by buffering the keys which are pressed while the menu bar is opened.

Thanks very much for your reply! Missed that thread. I assume that the bug is device related, since I didn't have it on my old SE K750.

Your second observation in your last post in the referenced thread sounds a little like my "replay"-issue (but I see this even when the menu bar is NOT visible). Maybe my two issues are related
bbjedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

Just to let you know I have the following BlackBerry's working well on 0.9.87:

Bold (9000) firmware v. 4.6.0.266 US keyboard
8800 firmware v. 4.5.0.140 US keyboard

Bold is running 1 HECL enabled screen well so far Smile
8800 is about to get its first HECL screen Wink

Cheers

BBJedi
pepa112

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jestli jsem dobre pochopil (nejsem moc dobry na anglinu) tak zrychleni nacitani .tar atlasu bohuzel nepomuze E71, ktera ma FP1
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepa112 wrote:
Jestli jsem dobre pochopil (nejsem moc dobry na anglinu) tak zrychleni nacitani .tar atlasu bohuzel nepomuze E71, ktera ma FP1

Bohuzel je to tak Confused
p.jacob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: HECL Implementation Reply with quote

Hi,
does the actual hecl implementation support a function to send data to a websever, for example via a post or get ?

Is there a list of the functions implemented ?

Thx for the great tool - Phil
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: HECL Implementation Reply with quote

p.jacob wrote:
Is there a list of the functions implemented ?

As of now, only hecl "core" is integrated (see Commands at http://www.hecl.org/docs/) plus a few TB-specific commands are available, and it is used only in CMS profiles.
tomten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Also having backlight issues with P1i Reply with quote

Hi

Just upgraded from 0.9.84 to 0.9.87 on my SonyEricsson P1i.

I kept the TrekBuddy service installed on my phone since I was unsure if needed or not with my P1i (you only wrote that there was improved handling on S60). I can not get Backlight to work any more - phone does not set the backlight level at all and after short time the screen becomes black and locked.

Backlight was still working in 0.9.84, with the assistance of the TrekBuddy service app.

Another issues I have asked about before is the sorting of waypoints. If you select sorting on distance, sometimes the list is not sorted. I discovered today that it is a difference depending on how you enter the waypoint list. If you go via Navigation->Waypoints->GPX->List it is sorted on distance, but if you wish to reenter same list by holding the "1" key, the list is sorted differently.

Otherwise, a really nice release, as usual!

Best regards
Tomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tomten both bugs are fixed in 0.9.88
levitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: feedback.. Reply with quote

Hello kruch!
I think it would be very nice if it was possible to zoom in and out fast in an atlas just by pressing one button. One press on number 7 button could open the next lower map in the atlas and two fast the next upper map in an atlas.. by this way button 7 can be used as zoom.. and button 9 can be used for either map or atlas. Very Happy
/L
belrei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: TB not usable any more on WM6.1 Standard device Reply with quote

Hi,

I just upgraded from Version 0.85, and TB is not usable any more on my HTC S710 (runnning WM6.1 Standard, without touchscreen). The application loads, but the Menu is lacking. There is nothing written above the right softkey and pressing the key does not display the Menu any more. I tried 0.86 and it's the same problem, so I reinstalled 0.85, which is the last version working on my device. Crying or Very sad Sad
I'm using Esmertec Jbed 20081002.2.1
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@belrei sorry about that - will be fixed in 0988. Is the Jbed you use special version for WM Standard?

The problem with the menu on WM Professional is that the menu bar sometimes stays shown obscuring the bottom of the screen, and that is why I do note create the menu when Jbed is detected. But I forgot that non-touchscreen WM also use Jbed Embarassed
belrei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@belrei sorry about that - will be fixed in 0988. Is the Jbed you use special version for WM Standard?

The problem with the menu on WM Professional is that the menu bar sometimes stays shown obscuring the bottom of the screen, and that is why I do note create the menu when Jbed is detected. But I forgot that non-touchscreen WM also use Jbed Embarassed

Actually I don't know for sure if its a special version. I don't thinks so, as I found no reference regarding this.

Regarding the Menu bar obscuring the bottom of the screen: This is also a problem with the HTC Vox (and also with the HTC Tornado, I used previously), as I found no proper key to make it disappear. In 0985 pressing the backlight toggle key (3) causes the menu bar to disappear. (Backlight toggling does not work on HTC Vox, it worked somehow on the Tornado) In previous versions I had to press "save" in Settings to make the manu bar disappear.... Is there a "standard" way to achive this?

Regards and keep up the excellent work!
Arros

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I tried to upgrade from 0.9.83, installation went smooth but the program won't even start anymore if I want to. After testing a few things (moving the program to the memory card) it still didn't work, so I am back at 0.9.83...

the phone I'm using is the Samsung SGH-G810
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: