• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cannot access/create new WPTs in v83/v84 after a while
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Cannot access/create new WPTs in v83/v84 after a while Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

in v0.9.83 and v0.9.84 on my BB Bold 9000 I'm always seeing the following, which is somewhat hard to describe, but I'll try. This bug is very boring.

I use TB for Geocaching. At home I create a new WPT file in TB with the coordinates of caches I want to visit. I quit TB and rename this created file to "caches.gpx".
When I start caching, I start the tracklog, select a WPT in "caches.gpx" and let TB me navigate to it. If I found it, I select the next WPT and so on, this is working fine so far.
Often it is necessary (multi caches) to add additional waypoints. So TB creates a second WPT list which is listed as "<wmap>". All further WPTs go to this list. So sometimes I navigate to the new WPTs in this list, then again to a WPT in "caches.gpx" and so on. But after two or three hours, something strange with the new "<wmap>" list happens:
Either it disappears from the list and it is no more visable or selectable, or it is there and when I try to add a new WPT, I cannot save the new WPT (nothing happens when I select ADD after typing the coordinates).

This happens every time I go caching and I have to deal with two WPT lists. I have to restart TB to get things running again. Then I see the additional WPT list again, but now certainly with it's filename "wmap-[date]-[time].gpx".

I really love TB for geocaching and it's my first and only choice, but this bug is so boring ...

Anyway, I would prefer to deal with just one WPT file and not to create a new one when TB is started. Any chance that in future versions I can select a WPT file first that the new WPT will be added to? That would be so great.

There are some other problems that may be related. When I want to delete or edit a WPT, this is not alway possible because the menu entries "edit" and "delete" are sometimes missing for any reason, but I've no idea under what circumstances this happens.

Thanks for your work and support
Stefan

PS: althoug I always select "Notify me when a reply is posted" in my posts and my email adress is correctly, I never get notifications if there are replies. This was also not working before the forum crash.
Bold

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack, same here on my bold which i'm using for geocaching. tb is so great for geocaching because of the multiple maps one can use and choose, so it's much easier to find a way to a cache than being lost with only one map source a standalone gps receiver supports (if any).

but this bug is very annoing and boring, i hope it can be fixed soon as i also often deal with multi caches and have to add more waypoints while seeking caches.

shen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch, did you notice this post? I saw you answering to other posts meanwhile, but not to this one Smile

Stefan
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, noticed. Will think about it..
Bold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Yes, noticed. Will think about it..

yes please, but please don't forget that it's also not working as it should actually just after a few hours of operation. it happened to me again today while i was out for geocaching ... i already added some new waypoints on my tour and suddenly while adding another waypoint i had no chance to save it. had to restart and so i could not see the track that was shown so far ...

thanks kruch!

shen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some testing today. The bug seems definitively related to dealing with multiple WPT files at once. Today I tried if it happens when I only use one WPT list. So I started TB, added my cache WPTs to the (fresh) list but did not stop TB. Then I started seeking and added waypoints meanwhile ... all was runnig fine even after 5 hours of constantly operation ... all in in the single WPT file.

hth
Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm also seaing some issues with waypoints, so when reworking the buggy waypoint management, it would be great if complete waypoint lists could also be deleted within tb.

tia
tom
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not in 0986; this does not look like 5 minutes fix... Sad
Bold

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
it would be great if complete waypoint lists could also be deleted within tb.

good idea Smile

kruch wrote:
not in 0986; this does not look like 5 minutes fix... Sad

bad to hear :~|

any way we could help you to get the waypoint management finally fixed? holidays are just around the corner here so we plan a lot of caching Smile

billy06

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree it would be nice to have a wpt editor in tb especially for multi geocaches
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about having a dropdown box at the top of the "Waypoint" dialog with a list of "stores" (ie. gpx files) to which the wpt can be added?

The list would offer max 2 stores: always the temporary one ("wmap" or "wgps") and "active" one (either the "in use" - when navigation is active, or "last viewed" - when navigation is not active and some store has been listed at all before).
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or - "copy-through" stategy:

Add the wpt to temporary store, as it is now, but also ask the user if he wants to add the wpt also to active ("in use" or "last viewed") store?

I think I'd prefer this solution.
shen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my purposes, the temp store makes no sense at all Wink

I'd like that if a new WPT is created, a drop down list would let me choose the active list (preselected), other lists that are present or create a new one with a name of my choice.

Stefan

Last edited by shen on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
billy06

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy through sounds the best solution as you would still be able to use the other data in the gpx
shen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is also important is that waypoints from two (or more) lists can be shown on the map simultanously.
I.e. a prepared list (typed in the caches at home) and the temp list (adding waypoints while seeking) are in use and all WPTs are shown on the map.

Thanks
Stefan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: