• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bugs in the Blackberry 9500 (Storm)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasisks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Bugs in the Blackberry 9500 (Storm) Reply with quote

Hello Kruch,

First excuses for my English evil. I have one Blackberry Storm with O.S. 4.7 y TB 0.9.83. These are some bugs that I have found:

Touchscreen:

1 – When press the button down-left in the touchscreen the BB show the menu with the blue buttons. If press again the same tactile button, the menu not disappear ; remains for below.

2 - If several times are pressed the low-left button of the tactile screen blocks the keyboard

2 – When the blackberry turns 90 degrees the screen becomes white

Thank you very much

siba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs in the Blackberry 9500 (Storm) Reply with quote

Hi,

I also have a Storm with 4.7.0.78 and TB 0.9.83 but the first error with the blue buttons I never saw, the second error - hmm - sometimes my BB is a little bit slow but it works after a second or two...maybe next BB Firmware helps

> When the blackberry turns 90 degrees the screen becomes white

Sometimes I saw this white screen after I changed to another zoom level

siba
el loco mateo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: BBERRY STORM 9500 Reply with quote

Hi, excuses for my bad english.

I have the same problems. what can do?

os 4.7
last firmware
tb 0.9.83
siba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BBERRY STORM 9500 Reply with quote

Hi,

you have all three errors ?

siba
siba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BBERRY STORM 9500 Reply with quote

Hi,

you have all three errors ?

siba
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news is that I have no idea what is wrong. Good news is that I can reproduce it in 9500 simulator, so I can try to do something with it.
arqto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not have the problem of white screens when using this version on the bb storm? thanks

http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2615&start=105
mattncsu03

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs in the Blackberry 9500 (Storm) Reply with quote

Kasisks wrote:
Hello Kruch,

First excuses for my English evil. I have one Blackberry Storm with O.S. 4.7 y TB 0.9.83. These are some bugs that I have found:

Touchscreen:

1 – When press the button down-left in the touchscreen the BB show the menu with the blue buttons. If press again the same tactile button, the menu not disappear ; remains for below.

2 - If several times are pressed the low-left button of the tactile screen blocks the keyboard

2 – When the blackberry turns 90 degrees the screen becomes white

Thank you very much

I second #2 and #2 (3?) above. Could just be me, but I also can't change CMS page by tapping anywhere on the screen, has this not been implimented for the CMS page yet? I am on 0.9.84.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs in the Blackberry 9500 (Storm) Reply with quote

mattncsu03 wrote:
Could just be me, but I also can't change CMS page

You mean CMS panel switch? You should be able to do it by touching screen areas that "corresponds" to virtual keys 4 and 6 on the screen layout (picture is in the english guide).

Screen orientation should be detected and handled Sad Does it redraw when try eg. scroll the map a bit, or it remains white?
mattncsu03

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs in the Blackberry 9500 (Storm) Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
mattncsu03 wrote:
Could just be me, but I also can't change CMS page

You mean CMS panel switch? You should be able to do it by touching screen areas that "corresponds" to virtual keys 4 and 6 on the screen layout (picture is in the english guide).

Screen orientation should be detected and handled Sad Does it redraw when try eg. scroll the map a bit, or it remains white?

Yes the CMS panel switch, I clicked in the same places that work to scroll the map in the map mode. Unfortunately, the only thing that works once the screen goes white is the menu. I also tried to change the scale of the compass (read about that feature in one of the posts) using the same areas of the screen and nothing happened. Great program though, I can't wait for these last few bugs to be worked out!
mattncsu03

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: white screen issue Reply with quote

Is there any known fix for the screen turning white issue? I plan to go hiking this weekend and would like to be able to use trekbuddy on the move which would be impossible in its current state. I've tried it in compatibility mode but it is difficult to control and I give up half of the screen.

Edit:
I don't know if it is permanently "fixed" but after testing in compatibility mode and returning to normal mode, it seems to handle orientation switches normally. I hope it continues to work!
M-Graf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: For the White Screen Problem Reply with quote

Hallo, i have a Blackberry Storm to.

The White Screen Problem i have too. I Fix it with the Option "Setting->Misc" and Turn off the Option "safe renderer".
Now i Can rotat the Screen without White Screen.

I have another Problem with the Track and Waypoint list. Wenn i Click on am Item the Click goes to an other Item. There is an Coordination Problem With the Click Position.
Exemple: when i Click Item 1, Item 2 get the Click. When i Click Item 2, Item 3 get the Click.
When Many Waypoints in the List the Touchscreen Scroll dosnt function (gestic). becouse TrekBudddy Open on Touch an not on Click.

I Have an other Problem get. Sometimes wenn I Touch i make the "Keyboard Lock". But i dont now how. And i Dont now how shut it off. I Must the Reset the Device because iam not can close TrekBuddy.
On Exit it Show the Message "Keyboard Lock"
M-Graf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh forgot Version Info. I Have Version 0.9.83
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really is a little calculation error causing the click position problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: