• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Development snapshot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Arrow is rotated by 180 to cover 180-360. The behaviour you all describe is surely a bug.

In the next snapshot I'll try to fix:
- this arrow bug
- day/night mode color switch
- screen consistency (current screen update after screen switch)
- more vars for CMS: total time and dist, dist and azimuth (both number and graphical arrow from MapView screen) to wpt

With these fixes, do you think we could make it official 0.9.54 release with acceptable quality, to make CMS capability public?
I think more frequent releases with finer version numbers would be better, and since cms v5 is 0.9.53 in JAD, 0.9.54 would be ok.

... missing only simple azimuth (not to waypoint). I can not write a ° sign (non .png chars) in cms [°] ... my used [o] i don t like ... maybe everything is fine and i am silly ... than 0.9.54 would be nice ...

... thanx ... m.
Lakva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Arrow is rotated by 180 to cover 180-360.
That's right!
kruch wrote:
With these fixes, do you think we could make it official 0.9.54 release with acceptable quality, to make CMS capability public?
I think more frequent releases with finer version numbers would be better, and since cms v5 is 0.9.53 in JAD, 0.9.54 would be ok.

Major bug is absence of Exit command in the menu.
Occures on Nokia 5500 (S60 3rd), full screen. The only situation the Exit is present: GPS provider started and then paused from menu - and Exit appears. But in all other situations it is missing.
Maybe it'll be good idea to put exit on right context button (As in non-full screen mode)

Minor bug is the speed indication - it's about half of real speed. On all screens.

But I think the more frequent version releases is very good idea!

It's missfortune I can't test in next weeks as my phone goes to repair.
The keyboard of 5500 is really shameful!!!! The rubber layer unsticks away! It's unbelievable, that nokia dares to sell phone of this class with so serious defect!!! V tomhle soudruzi z finska udělali vážně chybu!!! Evil or Very Mad

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakva wrote:
Major bug is absence of Exit command in the menu.Occures on Nokia 5500 (S60 3rd), full screen. The only situation the Exit is present: GPS provider started and then paused from menu - and Exit appears. But in all other situations it is missing.
Maybe it'll be good idea to put exit on right context button (As in non-full screen mode)

Commands mapping is a bit tricky in fullscreen mode, at least on Nokias. I'll improve it in the future, to allow a user to map one context key mapped to something useful for him/her. At present, any context key opens menu, right?

Lakva wrote:
Minor bug is the speed indication - it's about half of real speed. On all screens.

Mea culpa - I've missed unit conversion for Internal provider (mp/h in NMEA but m/s in JSR179) Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed (SXG75 and A780 worked because I have a hack for speed for these 2 devices Embarassed
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
... missing only simple azimuth (not to waypoint). I can not write a ° sign (non .png chars) in cms [°] ... my used [o] i don t like ... maybe everything is fine and i am silly ... than 0.9.54 would be nice ...

... thanx ... m.

- {course} is azimuth
- ° char is in the "font"... ?
Lakva

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
I'll improve it in the future, to allow a user to map one context key mapped to something useful for him/her.
At present, any context key opens menu, right?

GREAT!!! Very Happy
Right! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
guest wrote:

... thanx ... m.

- {course} is azimuth
- ° char is in the "font"... ?
... sorry was my fault, did not use UTF-8

... allinred with {course} for k750i/w800/w810i/k610i etc.

@kruch ... the night/day switch brings only black screen (on this xml) with the big numbers for the speed ... but looks nice Confused

Last edited by guest on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... maybe it would be better to use cms.xxx.tar packages with xml, font.png inside?

... in this case you could be add a selection in the settings menue for the cms.xxx.tar, to change easier (with only a restart)

... maybe (but only maybe) it would be nice to have another extra screen for compass-navigation for sailing: (1)map, (2)hgs, (3)cms, (4)compass

... m
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
@kruch ... the night/day switch brings only black screen (on this xml) with the big numbers for the speed ... but looks nice Confused

It is a bug...

I have already fixed bugs I mentioned in my post of 16 Apr 2007 06:59 pm. Now I'm doing some final testing and fixes to have 0.9.54 beta ready... tomorrow evening , maybe...
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMEA empty log saved problem.

Scenario:
- TB set to navigation and nmea logging started
- GPS works and next turns off (battery discharged, can be simulated using GPS module off)
- TB is trying to reconnect (no way)
- if Stop in TB is pressed in such state, empty log is saved instead of finished log
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's continue here: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=294 Wink

It has - some fixes (common day/night switch etc), new vars in CMS: {time-t} - total time, {dist-t} - total distance (quirky, I know - needs filter), {wpt-azi}, {wpt-dist}
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: pre 0.9.61 Reply with quote

I did some code cleaning and optimizations, also different algs for distance and azimuth calculations that should work also for longer distances are used, so here it is if anyone is interested in testing...

New:

- map scale shown
- quick access to active waypoint list / route by keeping '1' pressed for a bit longer (if no list / route is active, standard navigation menu is opened)
- on some devices map scrolling is yet more faster
druzicka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potvrzuju nokia 6230i scrolovani mapy je opravdu hodne rychle...diky...Surprised) jeste tak skok na zadane souradnice, ale ja vim je to v priprave...Surprised)
Dave.a

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 9.61 i get on loading atlas error: [7]null: cz.kruch.track.maps.InvalidMapException: Slice loading failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException> Stream is dirty. In 9.50 this atlas works well.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dave.a: isn't your packed map bigger than ~ 16 MB? just asking, it is ok to have such big maps...
Dave.a

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@Dave.a: isn't your packed map bigger than ~ 16 MB? just asking, it is ok to have such big maps...

Yes, my TARed atlas is abou 100MB, 50MB each map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: