• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Development snapshot
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Development snapshot Reply with quote

For those interested, here's the topic for current development snapshots.

Sometimes you may get error you can "recover" from by simply closing the error dialog, sometimes the error goes away after restart, sometimes it may be screwed completely. You may not see all new code that is there, for it is disabled to not to tempt you to try it Wink

2007-03-06 22:15
    - "Tracklog Dir" option became "Data Dir" option; the directory it points to is expected to have these subdirs: maps, tracks-nmea, tracks-gpx and wpts
    - tracklogs filenames now have YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS format and are stored in tracks-gpx/nmea dirs according to format selected
    - all known waypoint files (.gpx and .loc) in wpts become available as "waypoint stores" in Waypoints menu (key 1)
    - all 3 params for timing initialization for JSR-179 and Motorola Location API are available in Settings; when you open the settings, the field should contain by default the values that were hardcoded in previous versions (A780: 2,2,-1 E1000: 9999,1,2000 others: 1,-1,-1)

!!!Latest snapshot attached at the end of this topic!!!

Last edited by kruch on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lakva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Development snapshot Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
2007-03-06 22:15
    - "Tracklog Dir" option became "Data Dir" option; the directory it points to is expected to have these subdirs: maps, tracks-nmea, tracks-gpx and wpts
    - all known waypoint files (.gpx and .loc) in wpts become available as "waypoint stores" in Waypoints menu (key 1)
    - all 3 params for timing initialization for JSR-179 and Motorola Location API are available in Settings; ...

- is it possible to use old map dir, or I have to move it? Edit: May be used old ones.
- (just before I try it myself Wink ) is it possible to load locations / WPTs via JSR-179 already? Edit: Not yet.
- what do those params mean?

THX 4 ß!!! Smile

Edit: And for others, before you ask:
WPT saving does not work yet and backlight is a inaccessible by an oversight.
But switch to HPS, "snakes" are nice! Smile

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- you can keep your maps where they are; in future, when you do Load Map/Atlas, file browser will start in maps by default, so it will be more convenient to have the maps there then
- params meaning... for jsr179, doc is eg. here: http://mobilezoo.biz/jsr/179/javax/microedition/location/LocationProvider.html - look at setLocationListener method (it is a bit scary Confused ); for Motorola API, these params are described eg. in A1000 Developer Guide
krzysiekz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, there should be one directory 'atlas' for atlases and second for single maps.
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krzysiekz wrote:
I think, there should be one directory 'atlas' for atlases and second for single maps.

What is the problem to create such subfolders now ?
As I understand, you would have one default subfolder for Load Atlas command and other for Load Map. But what if you would load single map from atlas ? Smile
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
- you can keep your maps where they are; in future, when you do Load Map/Atlas, file browser will start in maps by default, so it will be more convenient to have the maps there then

Mostly I have maps on memory stick, but tracklogs in phone memory.
So what is the reason for such folders change ?
Current solution is more flexible in my opinion.
Lakva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:
Mostly I have maps on memory stick, but tracklogs in phone memory.
So what is the reason for such folders change ?
Current solution is more flexible in my opinion.

But this is still possible - just set right dirs in Options.

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the maps is (will) not be found, file browser will start in fs root, as usual. And even if it is found, you'll be able to traverse the filesystem, as before.
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Guys,
I have few memory sticks with maps already prepared.
So the question for me is now how many space leave free for logs and wpts on sticks. Second, with default settings I will have logs on few sticks or I should change defaults. For what ?
It is nice to have atlas/maps default folder independent settable as tracklogs, but no to create structure in obligatory memory place Wink
Structure:
- maps
- tracklogs
isn't so bad Smile
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehmm... I do not understand Sad ... what do you suggest?
(By the way I think it was your suggestion to have NMEA, TRACKS and WPTS subfolders Wink )
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
(By the way I think it was your suggestion to have NMEA, TRACKS and WPTS subfolders Wink )

Indeed. My suggestion was to have subfolders, but in tracklogs folder Smile

Now there is proposal to have Data folder with maps and all other things together. Is it the same ?

I propose to have:
- one setting for default maps folder (starting always from root isn't good)
- second, setting for tracklogs folder as now with default subfolders for tracks gpx, nmea logs and wpts.

Last edited by Ranger on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... I think I can derive a folder to start in when user selects Load Map/Atlas from his current map location.... I'll try and see.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:
kruch wrote:

Indeed. My suggestion was to have subfolders, but in tracklogs folder Smile

Now there is proposal to have Data folder with maps and all other thinks together. Is it the same ?

I propose to have:
- one setting for default maps folder (starting always from root isn't good)
- second, setting for tracklogs folder as now with default subfolders for tracks gpx, nmea logs and wpts.

... would also like to have different map and track folder as well (for the sxg75)
... would like to have a 1second non-smart gpx-tracklog mode for my sxg75 (for eg. OpenStreetMap) ... please

... would like to test CMS ... please please please

... waiting for testing

.m
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should share my findings with you, since you may be able to see what I can't...

First, CMS will be a task for designers rather than me. I'm prototyping a solution, and have a xml file for CMS layout - see attachment (if interested), I hope it's self-descriptive. Wink

Now, for an area in CMS, you may specify custom bitmap font. Actually, you will have to if you want to see really big numbers, I find font support in MIDP very very poor. Or it is not? How can I draw really big characters?

(When a custom font is not specified for an area, some font provided by the device is used.)

So I took a font from a demo on java.sun.com site, scale it 8x, got an 5120x80 image of 1 KB size (yes 1 KB), and - loading failed, even native application could not display it (N6230i). Simply put, there are some f***ing limits on image dimensions a device can handle, regardless of image file size.
So, a possible workaround could be to have 2 bitmap files for a single font - one with numbers (and a chars like decimal point etc) only, and another with complete charset (7-bit ASCII ie. 128 chars, minus first 32 nonvisual chars).

I'm also attaching a very very early prototype I have in my phone now; I had to do some refactoring to rip map-viewing code out of my "main desktop" class to let me add and manage different "screens" easily, so it is a bit unstable.

In your
datadir, you need to create another folder ui-profiles, and copy the font (font.72px.png) and layout (cms.simple.xml) to it.

The layout xml is linked with simple stylesheet so that when you open in in IE, you should get simple html page showing you the screen layout - this is simpler helper for CMS designers Wink

Use # key to get to CMS...

cms.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cms.zip
 Filesize:  193.63 KB
 Downloaded:  571 Time(s)

krzysiekz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried cms version today, and i think there is a bug in speed display on cms screen. Speed on map screen is correct, but on cms is divided by 2.
Btw nice idea with customizable cms interface with xml.

2007-03-16-11-21-13.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2007-03-16-11-21-13.rar
 Filesize:  48.92 KB
 Downloaded:  426 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: