• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
temptrekbuddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ you need to wait for 0.9.6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why?
Maybee I must wait a month!!!

Robert
Embarassed
yaworski

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch I have a question about some internals in TB. What is the platform you compile the application for? Is it CLDC1.1? Or CLDC1.0? If 1.0, you need to emulate real numbers, don't you? If this is the case, maybe it would be good to to provide also CLDC1.1 version for supporting devices, which would use built-in floating point numbers instead of emulation? For example a780 is a CLDC1.1 phone so it supports floating point numbers Smile.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB is for CLDC 1.1/MIDP 2.0 phones only. No fp emulation used.
yaworski

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answering Wink. I was wondering if this is even possible to do all this stuff in CLDC1.0 Smile.
luki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends...I love this app! But I have problems with atlas! (maps are ok)...I think the problem is my SXG75 and the "30 char max limit address" legend! When I open Atlas I can only select "system dir", and Atlas is in E:\Miscellaneous\ (it's already too long)...using GoogleHack tool, maps have long names too so this is my question:
Will it be possible to make Trekbuddy able to read all directories in MMC (and not only system standard dirs) or it is a Java limitation that can't access to full filesystem? Thank you guys...and congratulation for this great app...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which fimware version do you have in your SXG75?
Lakva

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luki, everyone here had some problem, but you are the only one, who's problem is EVERYWHERE Wink
If you write about the same problem to all themes, you probably will not speed up its solving AND maybe you will slow it down, because people here will start to hate you, as it's very annoying to read almost the same your posts all around here...
Please, try to keep it in single theme, some, which the problem belongs to.
The best for you is probably http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47 , the theme "SXG75" in "Devices", people with the same phone will help you most likely. Plus, if you solve the problem there, it's probably, that other people with the same problem will find the solution there - and this forum will continue to be transparent and useful.
THX Smile

luki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right! I apologize!!! Sorry to everybody!
clarinet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just created Nokia 6233 topic in Devices sections, but I have some suggetions (or questions) that seem to be more general so I post them here.

1. My main problem is that I loose tracklogs frequently by unintentionally pressing an improper button ... I found, for example, that Trekbuddy ends immediately (leaving the tracklog file in undefined state) when I press and hold (just for a second) the "red phone" button. Also, I often unintentionally (e.g. when removing the phone from the box) press the Stop button so that the tracklog recording stops. Is there any way to implement a sort of keyboard locking (or its software emulation) in Trekbuddy? Or: Is there any way to disable the "red phone" button at all? And/or: Could you please consider implementing a request for confirmation when the Stop button is pressed?

Some less important sugesstions for enhancements ...

2. I would find very convenient if Trekbuddy can ask whether to turn off the bluetooth radio when it exits.

3. Have you considered implementing map zoom-out? It would not be much useful to have zoom-in with bitmap maps, but one could get better orientation in the map if it was possible to zoom the map out to a few levels (like 1:2, 1:4, 1:8).

4. How often the points in tracklog are saved? Do you save every reading form GPS or just some of them after a certain interval?

By the way, thanks a lot for Trekbuddy!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarinet wrote:
1. My main problem is that I loose tracklogs frequently by unintentionally pressing an improper button ...

I have recently discovered that TB honours destroy request even if it does not have to; I'll also consider keyboard locking/stop confirmation.

clarinet wrote:
2. I would find very convenient if Trekbuddy can ask whether to turn off the bluetooth radio when it exits.

I doubt this is possible to do in java, I'll check it...

clarinet wrote:
3. Have you considered implementing map zoom-out?

Yes it is being considered - for it is requested Smile

clarinet wrote:
4. How often the points in tracklog are saved? Do you save every reading form GPS or just some of them after a certain interval?

GPX format? Whenever course changes by N degrees, where N depends on speed, or every 5 min if course does not change. NMEA log is a raw dump of what is read from GPS.
clarinet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
clarinet wrote:
1. My main problem is that I loose tracklogs frequently by unintentionally pressing an improper button ...

I have recently discovered that TB honours destroy request even if it does not have to; I'll also consider keyboard locking/stop confirmation.

You are right, this seems to be mostly true, one exception being probably the situation when I press and hold the red phone button. Then, the tracklog file is not closed properly (it does not have closing XML tags). I am not sure if some points are lost.

kruch wrote:
clarinet wrote:

I doubt this is possible to do in java, I'll check it...

No problem, this is very minor. I was just inspired by the fact that the phone always asks and turns bluetooth on when I start the application.

kruch wrote:
clarinet wrote:

GPX format? Whenever course changes by N degrees, where N depends on speed, or every 5 min if course does not change. NMEA log is a raw dump of what is read from GPS.

This looks interesting. Is it a common algorithm or is it based on your experience? I am trying to figure out if there are any special situations when this algorithm may fail, i.e. save less frequently than needed ...

What about optionally saving a point every N seconds, where N is presetable? Or even better - what about allowing users (= me :) to set the interval of "stable course" savings?
green

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: sipka.. Reply with quote

ahoj dalo by se pridelat tohle:

chtel bych vetsi sipku

(tak jak je to u aplikace spot) u navigovani k waipointu , mohlo by to byt pod urcitou klavesou treba 5, kdyz se potrebuju v rychlosti podivat tak toho moc nevidim a kdyby tam byla velka sipka a napravo velkym jeste vzdalenost tak by to bylo fajn. Mohlo by to byt uz v te nove verzi Very Happy .

http://siemensmania.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20066
Lakva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: sipka.. Reply with quote

green wrote:
chtel bych vetsi sipku
(tak jak je to u aplikace spot) u navigovani k waipointu...

Tohle by asi bylo lepší v HPS, ne přes mapu... A nebo v chystaném CMS

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asi CMS, vypada to tak...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: