• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nokia 6230i - Anyone got a soln to security prompts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsavage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6230i - Anyone got a soln to security prompts? Reply with quote

I like trekbuddy very much but the security prompts are driving me nuts so I have been having another go at trying to get my Nokia 6230i to work with trekbuddy without having to continually press "yes" to access memory card. Other apps even unsigned ones don't seem to have this issue so there must be a way through this...

One thing I can't do on this phone is access .jad over internet as I do not have WAP services enabled. So I have downloaded both .Jar and .Jad and installed via IR as I always do. However application is greyed out and attempting to access it on phone results in Invalid Application. Have tried editing .jad to remove -opt as suggested for nokia N90 to no success.

On phone Settings/Web/Settings/Security Settings/Authority certificates lists o=Thawte Consulting cn=Thawte Code Signing CA valid until 5 Aug 2013.

Any additional suggestions?

Regards

James

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was no way to install (signed) midlet into 6230i (and all S40 devices) other than using Nokia PC Suite. There are no problems with such installation, at least...
jsavage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are correct. I have been installing through InfraRed using PCSuite. After installing 0.9.81 using .jad and jar it definitely came up as an invalid application. Your confidence inspired me to persevere one more time and with both 0.9.80 jar and jad just now it worked perfectly. I now do not get any annoying prompts and can finally try and work out how to get the most from the device.

Thank you.

James

Wunibald

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
before starting TB you have to set the curser on the TB icon and select options, then "access" (in geman "Anwendungszugriff") an set the different submenues on "allow always" - that should work.

Regards
Wunibald
Tuddypat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running TB on a 6230i for several months now, with no problems.
The answer to jsavages problem is as Wunibald says, highlight TB but do not run instead select OPTIONS then APPLICATION ACCESS then PHONE ACCESS then for each of READ USER DATA and ADD EDIT DATA select and choose ALWAYS ALLOWED.

regards
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> English All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: