• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Request Feature: Car Navigation Assistance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomiskavac wrote:
Tohle taky vypada dobre, ale pro navigaci je tam (podle me) tech udaju uz zbytecne hodne. To co udelal tchelo_mgf by do auta pro takovou jednoduchou navigaci stacilo. Vedet za kolik metru a kam odbocit. Co by ale stalo za dodelani je zobrazovani <cmt> z gpx.

"Meu coração é um porta aviões, perdido no mar esperando alguêm pousar.
Meu coração é um porto, sem endereço certo. É um deserto em pleno mar ..."

Did you understand something ?
Yep, let´s put these posts in English language, so, everybody can read it, ok ?

Thanks.

Last edited by tchelo_mgf on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raf wrote:
Hi,
When I lauch the soft WTP converted, I have a erroe message "Component 'MSFLXGRD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registred : a file is missing or invalid". I can't execute the soft.
Is it normal ? Is it cause;d with Vista ?
Thank you for your help

This is the problem with Visual Basic: easy to program, but hard to deploy. Small executable, but a lot of dependency files to run ...

I think the problem is the installation.
Try to download the next 3 zip files with the setup package.
Unzip all files into the same temporary directory and run "Setup.exe".

Here goes the setup files:
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more ...
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last one.
Mr Raf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, yes ...
That seems to work. I need even a little of time to familiarize me and make out a will on the ground.
Still thank you for this great idea. I say Mister tchelo_mgf.
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

New version v1.1:
- improvements on filter algorithm and settings
- route plotting

ConvWPT_v1.1.zip
 Description:
ConvWPT v1.1

Download
 Filename:  ConvWPT_v1.1.zip
 Filesize:  52.37 KB
 Downloaded:  955 Time(s)

stu.cz

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchelo_mgf wrote:
Hello:

New version v1.1:
- improvements on filter algorithm and settings
- route plotting

I apologize for my English first.
I have some suggestions.
1. I think is necessary that waypoints names or comments be displayed.
2. The previous waypoint could be stand on display 2 or 5 seconds after the beep or the beep could be started 10 or 15 meters before the waypoint come.
3. Is possible to add some darts? They will be added by user. E.G. roundabout traffic with number of exit - since 1 till 8.

Thank you very much.
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello stu.cz:

Your questions are related to knew limitations of this tool.
This is a proposed workaround solution for car navigation assistance, but is not perfect. It should be implemented into trekbuddy app to become possible features like you asked.

Quote:
1. I think is necessary that waypoints names or comments be displayed.
- Until version 0.9.78, the waypoint names and comments are not available for CMS themes. I think Kruch will provide this on next versions.
The only problem is for long texts - a kind of "rolling text" feature should be implemented also.

Quote:
2.The previous waypoint could be stand on display 2 or 5 seconds after the beep or the beep could be started 10 or 15 meters before the waypoint come.
As I use the "RouteAlong" feature with a prepared waypoint file, when each waypoint is reached, automatically the next waypoint is selected and there is nothing that I can do to delay or to detect if the correct direction turn was done before to show the next icon.
You can configure the "Wpt proximity" parameter into "Settings/Navigation" menu, in order to start the beep some meters/seconds before the waypoint (I´m using 30m), but the icon will be automatically changed to the next waypoint even if you did not really changed the direction.

Quote:
3.Is possible to add some darts? They will be added by user. E.G. roundabout traffic with number of exit - since 1 till 8.
- Yes, we can add more icons, but, until now, it can be done manually.
The problem is: - How we can extract the information about the desired exit number into a roundabout automatically ? The only information that I have is the angles between waypoints and a textual description for some waypoints.
The proposal of this tool is to create routes automatically, with very few manual adjustments. To implement this, somebody should help me to find a way to extract from google, or yahoo, or virtual earth maps, more information about the street junctions, when I have more than 2 directions to turn, like in a roundabout ...

Thanks.
stu.cz

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchelo_mgf wrote:
Hello stu.cz:

Your questions are related to knew limitations of this tool.
This is a proposed workaround solution for car navigation assistance, but is not perfect. It should be implemented into trekbuddy app to become possible features like you asked.

Hello tchelo.

tchelo_mgf wrote:
- Until version 0.9.78, the waypoint names and comments are not available for CMS themes. I think Kruch will provide this on next versions.
The only problem is for long texts - a kind of "rolling text" feature should be implemented also.

OK - We must wait for support this in the CMS.

tchelo_mgf wrote:
- You can configure the "Wpt proximity" parameter into "Settings/Navigation" menu, in order to start the beep some meters/seconds before the waypoint (I´m using 30m), but the icon will be automatically changed to the next waypoint even if you did not really changed the direction.

I have another problem.
When I'm on the way several hours and the distance between the two waypoints is too long, I don't look on the display. But when the beep come TB change dart and I don't remember actual direction. When the TB will beep 3 sec. before it change dart or previous waypoint will be displayed in parallel with the new waypoin - I'll be happy. Smile

tchelo_mgf wrote:
- - Yes, we can add more icons, but, until now, it can be done manually.
The problem is: - How we can extract the information about the desired exit number into a roundabout automatically ? The only information that I have is the angles between waypoints and a textual description for some waypoints.
The proposal of this tool is to create routes automatically, with very few manual adjustments. To implement this, somebody should help me to find a way to extract from google, or yahoo, or virtual earth maps, more information about the street junctions, when I have more than 2 directions to turn, like in a roundabout ...

I have Idea.
I made Exel program. If there is information about roundabout in the WPT comments - automatically is <ele> number changed to 11 till 16, by number of exits on roundabout. (since 1th till 6th exit).
In the K1 till K6 cell is comment to search - but I wrote it in Czech language because I don't know, how the GogleMaps indicate the roundabouts in English. Change this to your language.
After you edit gpx in ConvWPT, copy the gpx text and place it on column A.
In the column N is output text. Copy it back to notepad and save it.
Now is it your work to add next darts to CMS displayed by number 11 till 16. (roundabout-icon with exit number 1 till 6)
Here is the exel program.
http://www.stu-cz.wz.cz/TB/GPX_CZ.xls

When you will not understand to my English I may rewrite it. But I don't know how.
Laughing

|For Czech and Slovak:
Pokud to bude chtít testovat čech nebo slovák, musíte před vložením textu do ConvWPT prohnat text programem Diakritika na odstranění diakritiky...
tchelo_mgf

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello stu.cz:

Ok, I will prepare a new version where you can define manually more direction icons.
Please, be patient because I don´t have much time to work with it, but I can do ...
stu.cz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchelo_mgf wrote:
Hello stu.cz:

Hi, here is English version http://www.stu-cz.wz.cz/TB/GPX_EN.xls
Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This is a great CMS!
But it is a bit annoying that the driving direction changes before you even reach the waypoint.

I think it would be helpful to change the CMS to also show the previous driving direction. So the display will show the direction at next waypoint with a large symbol, and the direction at the previous waypoint with a smaller symbol.

/Peter
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea, but not possible to implement, CMS doesn't remember past values to draw old direction symbol.
@tchelo_mgf
Could you extend your tool to have possibility to insert/edit gpx <link> tag for waypoints ?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu.cz wrote:
tchelo_mgf wrote:
Hello stu.cz:

Hi, here is English version http://www.stu-cz.wz.cz/TB/
Thank you very much.

Warning: This page seems to be blacklisted - fishing for financial credentials !!! (at least my browser says so):

Code:

Betrugsversuch-Warnung

Die Seite, die Sie gerade versuchen aufzurufen, wurde in die Blacklist als betrügerisch eingetragen. Man versucht von Ihnen persönliche oder finanzielle Auskünfte zu erhalten. Wir raten dringendst von einem Besuch der Seite ab. Erfahren Sie mehr über Operas Schutz vor Betrugsversuchen.

Please explain why it's blacklisted - otherwise don't touch (and remove) ...

Last edited by guest on Tue May 06, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible if it possible to find another element in the waypoint file that tb uses and that is available for us to use. Exactly as is done with the wpt-alt and <ele> vaiables.

So a question to kruch: which elements in the waypoint file are mapped to a variable in tb?

We know that :
wpt-alt maps to <ele>

Can you give us some more?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: