• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still red background in 093c !
Loading maps/atlases takes a lot of time, large atlas is loading near 30 sec in emu.

Ranger

Last edited by guest on Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

version 0.9.2 works fine on my Siemens C81 (=S75)
but 0.9.3 simply wont start! it displays the main loading screen, with a green dot and a orange dot behind the map loading and then displays the main screen where you usually see the map and coordinates etc. but it doesn't display a map, the background is simply black...then the phone gives me some error message every second and after about 20 of these the phone crashes...I can't do anything like change map or whatever because these error messages pop up one after another...
they say something like java.lang.io.IOEXCEPTION or whatever...
seems like in 0.9.3 trekbuddy can't load the world map stored in the jar file anymore? did you change anything on that part?

thanks in advance..
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
...the background is simply black...then the phone gives me some error message every second and after about 20 of these the phone crashes...I can't do anything like change map or whatever because these error messages pop up one after another...
they say something like java.lang.io.IOEXCEPTION or whatever...
seems like in 0.9.3 trekbuddy can't load the world map stored in the jar file anymore? did you change anything on that part?

thanks in advance..

Is it the original 0.9.3 or today's 0.9.3c?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.9.3c, just downloaded it 10min ago!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
0.9.3c, just downloaded it 10min ago!

Could try to add
Code:
App-Flags: fs_no_available_lie

to JAD and redeploy the application with it?

I did some changes related to stream buffering and reading, may I have just screwed it up..

Sorry and thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help, but I'll have to try that later!
just got everything running again with 092 and going out with my mobile and trekbuddy for a few hours Smile

I'll try your suggestion when I'm back!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm able to reproduce the problem on S65.

The same effect as putting "fs_no_avaiable_lie" attribute to JAD you may achieve if in http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/devel/2006-11-25-14-00/trekbuddy.jar in Options->Performance you uncheck "optimistic I/O" and restart the application (it will let you - I've fixed the neverending cycle of an exception popping up->confirmation->exception etc).

Sorry for the trouble.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Still red background in 093c !
Loading maps/atlases takes a lot of time, large atlas is loading near 30 sec.

Ranger

Hey, I like the red! Smile

Seriously, you are experiencing that loading is slower on a real device (not emu)? Tar-packaged on not packed? How many tiles? If your large atlas is now loading in 30 sec, how many secs it was before? Thanks!

Edit: Indeed, I can see bad code path for tar-ed atlases...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlas not in tar, more than thousand of slices. Before - 1 sec.

Ranger

Edit

My fault, didn't deleted older ver Embarassed

In phone loading is OK, emu not.
Maps are loaded a little slower than before, can be. Red not Smile

One more - confirmed
When I'm setting wpt on HPS from file, the wpt marker is set, but with current provider positon, not file position on map.

Last edited by guest on Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: TrekBuddy 0.9.3a and track logging Reply with quote

Hello kruch,

I have noticed today that the new version 0.93a will log only every 2-3min when using TrekBuddy while jogging. The version 0.91 did mucht better and logged every 3 sec. Have you changed something ? How to setup the time between log points?

Best Regards,

Rainer

Edited:

I am using a Nokia 6233. I tried today using 0.91 and 0.93 and what I saw was that 0.93 has indeed less track points at least for me. A 10min walk with 0.91 resulted in 39 track points were as my jogging trip yesterday of 50min only had only 23? (many turns etc.) What I see from my mapping app that the old version puts in sharp turns many points in the log file to follow the path more closely. The version 0.93 but only every 1-3 min a point even when doing sharp turns. At least for me Sad.

Rainer

Last edited by guest on Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: TrekBuddy 0.9.3a and track logging Reply with quote

guest wrote:
logged every 3 sec. Have you changed something ? How to setup the time between log points?Rainer

I have introduced a few bugs into 0.9.3 Smile , but I can't recall any change in GPX logging ... what's your phone?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
In phone loading is OK, emu not.
Maps are loaded a little slower than before, can be. Red not Smile

I can confirm - I screwed buffering used in calibration files parsing.

Right now I'm fighting with releasing resources properly when loading map/atlas and/or switch layers/maps within atlas. I kept streams opened to reduce security confirmation but that turned out to be hell to handle loads/switches good Crying or Very sad

I hope to have it done soon to leave this unfortunate 0.9.3 series behind.

I think of changing plans for 0.9.4: to focus on RMS cache to finally save SE users Wink , and implement support for TM projection, since there are users including me with maps that need it in order to become usable in TB...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What about wpt marker errors ?
2. I propose to start with projections after datum definition file will be completed as base. It is too closed now (i.e. I know that using Bessel 1841 in TB is possible, I see S-JTSK, but I couldn't use Bessel for PND 1925). Projections will give a lot of combinations. What is the problem without TM ? You don't have km grid only. Calibration ? Checking map position ?
3.Autoloading datum with map should be done too (maybe next), now there is a lot of key pressing to change datum, I don't suppose that I'm only one using atlases with different datum maps, or different datums at all.
If you add next projection first, more settings must be done manually.

Ranger
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TrekBuddy 0.9.3a and track logging Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I am using a Nokia 6233. I tried today using 0.91 and 0.93 and what I saw was that 0.93 has indeed less track points at least for me. A 10min walk with 0.91 resulted in 39 track points were as my jogging trip yesterday of 50min only had only 23? (many turns etc.) What I see from my mapping app that the old version puts in sharp turns many points in the log file to follow the path more closely. The version 0.93 but only every 1-3 min a point even when doing sharp turns. At least for me Sad.

Rainer

Thanks for update, I'll check the changes I've made in GPX logging since 0.9.1.
green

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: ahoj:) Reply with quote

AHoj potřeboval bch poradit co mám dělat s mobilem. Na žádne aplikaci od Trekbuddy mi nefakčí načítání map nemužu se vubec dostat do adresaře pro výber map, je super že vývoj jde do předu:) ale me nic nejde:(, pradte co stim. Díky jo když kliknu na load maps tak mi to jenom problikne ale nic se nedeje nedostanu se vubec co menu. Fkat neivm co stim nefiči mi žádná verze co je na webu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: