• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need a tutorial!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazerbob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Need a tutorial! Reply with quote

I have a Cat B100 phone and I've been trying to get Trekbuddy to work but I am not having much luck. I downloaded Mobile Atlas Creator and made a giant tared atlas of the USA (10gigs) with zooms 1-12. Unfortunately I had to deleted the zoom 12 from the completed atlas because it was over 4 gigs and the Cat B100 will only register my SD card in the standard FAT format which prohibits copying a file that is over 4 gigs, which the 12th zoom was. Soooo I copied the atlas over with the 11 zooms, but upon starting up Trekbuddy I don't know how to select all the maps. When I goto Options>maps I see the layers of the atlas but I am unable to select ALL the maps.. I can select one of the maps from one of the zoom levels but when I do that I can't see the map in trekbuddy, it is just the compass over the black/white screen. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!

Also, I am really new to all of this, just an fyi..
davidknibb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be a good idea to experiment with a map covering just a small area and say just 2 or 3 zoom levels. You can do this easily because you have presumably stored the map tiles from the maps you have already tried to create.
And I cannot really see anyone needing so many zoom levels- it's a waste of bandwith to download this lots and you cannot possibly use them all.
Finally I find it easier with TB to use untared map formats.

David
matjazz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to "select all the maps"
When you go to options maps select cr.tar file and then go to the zoom of your desire. I suggest that you set EasyZoom to layers (settings/desktop) That way you'll easily zoom in and out your map.

As for 4gb limit:
In MoBAC go to settings and select map size. I suggest you leave it to default 65536. It will split large layers in to several maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: