• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CMS Gris2 for Android (320x456)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: CMS Gris2 for Android (320x456) Reply with quote

So, I've tried to resize the Gris2 theme for the new testing version of TrekBuddy for Android devices (special thanks to my friend Johny_G for helping me recalculate the element positions). It should fit all of the current Android devices (as far as I know, all of the current Android phones use 320x480 resolution, including Samsung Galaxy). Also, it's only for portrait mode (for now?).

(click for higher res)

As far as I can tell, it works fine (apart from the bugs in the current Android build). Note that I've discovered some things to "polish" while doing the screenshots, so they're not 100% accurate to the actual theme. Still, consider this resize "work in progress".

I've been also asked to do an imperial units version. It seems to me that imperial units are not working in the current Android build (0.9.88 ), or I'm missing something - however even though I switched (and saved) the settings from metric to imperial, the actual values remained the same. So, with that in mind, I tried to create a template with imperial units based on the CMS variables table in wiki - when there's mention of imperial units in variable info, I've changed that in the CMS pane as well. If the metric version is "work in progress", then the imperial version really is nothing more than a concept. I'm really not sure what it shows right now in its present state and if it would make any sense even with TrekBuddy switched to imperial units properly, so please, bear that in mind. You can see the first pane of the imperial units version in the screenshot above - it's the rightmost one.

Oh, and if the author of the original Gris2 theme (honestly, there's quite a few of the variations of the theme so I'm not really sure who exactly that is) has any complaints with me modyfing his theme, just say the word and it's gone. But thanks for creating this great theme!

As always, comments are welcome. Suggestions and/or "bugreports" are even more welcome Wink

Gris2_Android.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Gris2_Android.zip
 Filesize:  526.75 KB
 Downloaded:  1709 Time(s)

Gris2_Android_Imperial.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Gris2_Android_Imperial.zip
 Filesize:  520.21 KB
 Downloaded:  679 Time(s)

Last edited by Case on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
joshkorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for attempting imperial units!

Although I still don't see why we haven't adopted the metric system in the US... perhaps it is too logical.

I'll let you know how it works out.
Case

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's 0.9.89 beta kruch fixed the imperial units problem (together with a very nasty CMS bug), so it seems they're finally working (you have to restart TB after the switch, but then it works) and I'll be able to test it. However, right now I'm pretty much buried in work and I'm leaving on vacation on Wednesday, so unless I manage to do it by then, it'll take a while (unless someone wants to have a go at it and change the CMS plates according to the actual units shown).
hacheriya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I find free android apps besides the android market? I am trying to figure out if there is other places where I can download apps to my G1. I have tried a couple other sites but the downloads are unsuccessful. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException issue Reply with quote

Unfortunately still getting java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when reaching CMS screen. Files properly located (/TrekBuddy/ui-profiles/...), my phone is Samsung i5700 (display 320x480), running TrekBuddy in portrait mode. Tried some smaller (240x320) CMS also and getting the same issue. Anyone having same problems, or having solution proposals? Thanks
Tomas
druzicka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and useful theme. On my G1 working perfectly. Thanks.
jdjani

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I repaired the satelite panel

JDJani from Hungary

cms.5sat.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cms.5sat.rar
 Filesize:  709 Bytes
 Downloaded:  181 Time(s)

Mateusz Malinowski

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added to theme PIC mode with picture 160x200px (if available in gpx file) in background.
Attached resized screenshot.

Gris2_Android+PIC.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.61 KB
 Viewed:  17950 Time(s)

Gris2_Android+PIC.png

Gris2_Android+PIC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Gris2_Android+PIC.zip
 Filesize:  289.4 KB
 Downloaded:  178 Time(s)

Nokianero

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx a lot, Mateusz.

Smile

Cheers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Themes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: