• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: 0.9.79 Reply with quote

To avoid questions: unless listed here, feature/bug is not present/fixed in this release

2008-06-26 01:00 CET: uploaded new builds with backlight hotfix

Changelog
    - new: localization
    - new: visible trail on mapscreen
    - change: confirmation dialogs for keylock and backlight appear after a key is released; keylock should also vibrate
    - new: {wpt-alt-diff}
    - new: added support for playing custom sound files for a wpt when it is reached; use <link href="eg_follow_the_white_rabbit.amr"/> inside <wpt> element
    - new: Rome-1940{International 1924,-225,-65,9}=map:Rome 1940 in default datums list
    - fixed: better bluetooth handling (yeah, again Confused )
    - fixed: backlight control on Samsung and LG devices

Localization

TrekBuddy will speak your language if you download language.res file from wiki and put it to "resources" TrekBuddy folder. If your language is missing, or you are not satisfied with available translation, and you can work with command line a bit, PM me.

Trail

Visible trail on map screen is a new feature of this version. The trail point selection algorithm is designed to detect points where heading changes significantly. Big thanks to yearling for thickness calculation algorithm.

Setup (line thickness and color) is a bit tricky on some devices. In general, use LEFT-RIGHT key/joystick to change color/thickness. To switch "mode" (ie. what you setting up), use Mode command.
* on SE phones, the config item is the first in Settings->Desktop; and you should use non-gaming key - like key 3 etc - to change the "mode"
* on other devices the item it the last in Settings->Desktop
* on qwerty Blackberries, use ALT+trackball and for "mode"change use ALT+numbers (eg. 3).
* on touchscreen, touch in the middle of the item to change the "mode"

-----

0.9.79 download link
Requirements Installation Configuration Customization

Last edited by kruch on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!

Although it won't get me back my GPS module, which I stupidly left on a train a month or so ago. Sad
yearling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kruch

Is there any difference in localization file for version 0.9.79 and 0.9.79RC ?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yearling wrote:
Is there any difference in localization file for version 0.9.79 and 0.9.79RC ?

No Cool
Celda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPAM ! This version really seems to be the right outcome of all the attempts we made to make TB work on Samsung SGH-D880 Duos (see http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1573).
There are still some minor issues to solve but hats off to You, Kruch Cool

mobile: SAMSUNG SGH D880 Duos (dual SIM)
GPS: Qstarz BT-1200 Bluetooth Solar Travel Recorder (MTK chipset)
PetrX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for new version. Is perfect.
Wolverine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

I have a problem with the new version. I can turn on backlight (by pressing 3), but only once:( When I turn off the backlight and try switch on once again, nothing change...

My phone is SE K850i...
In previous version this mistake doesn't exists (in polish version too- I have both)

BTW... Kruch, You have done great job! Hmm... sorry for my english Very Happy

Holux M-1000c
binlabin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Some minor things on an SE w960i Reply with quote

The installation itself is rather smooth, at least if you're following Ranger's guide.
These are things that I found appearing on the SE w960i that could be a bit confusing.

This one isn't really hard to figure out. There is an option to allow the application to always access the path by selecting "Yes, always".

* Whenever there are more confirmation options than one, I have to use the "More"-button in UIQ's user interface and select "OK", "Apply" or "Save".

This is probably a way for UIQ to handle more than the standard three-button bar that is implemented in the regular user interface but it would be nice to see if this could be worked around. I have to mess around quite alot in the "More"-menu to figure out if there are more buttons hidden from my view in the different sections of TrekBuddy.

* When I start tracking my position by choosing "Start", I get a message telling me that a MIDlet in the trusted thirdparty MIDlet suite is attempting to open a communications connection

Now, this one is a bit trickier. It's very similar to the path-security mentioned above, but it keeps asking me this question after I've quit TrekBuddy and started it again even if I select "Yes, always". The path-security asks me only once and when I've selected "Yes, always", the question never comes back.

This is an amazing trekkerapplication for my UIQ phone and I'm going to contribute what I can to make this better yet. Huge credits to you Kruch!
rjanalik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine wrote:

I have a problem with the new version. I can turn on backlight (by pressing 3), but only once:( When I turn off the backlight and try switch on once again, nothing change...

Mám stejný problém. Myslím, že v 0.9.79 RC to fungovalo správně.

SE W810i
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjanalik wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

Damn it... stupid old mistake is back.... will fix it asap.

EDIT: fixed and new build uploaded.
rjanalik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Když změním tlouštku cesty, cesta před změnou zůstane stejná (barva se změní, ale tlouštka ne)
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjanalik wrote:
Když změním tlouštku cesty, cesta před změnou zůstane stejná (barva se změní, ale tlouštka ne)

Not changing trail thickness for already drawn trail is a limitation .... ... a bug Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Blackbeery 8800 - keep getting Permission Denied Reply with quote

Hi

I am trying to install on a Blackberry 8800, I can get the compass and world map view with coordinates, but when I try to open a local map I get the following message:

java.lang.SecurityException:Permission denied

How can I fix this? Any help gratefully received.
Sad
gisela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this version 'Stop' doesn't work anymore when TB has stopped processing the GPS-data (on SE Z710i with SE HGE-100 GPS enabler). After stopping, pausing and continuing several times (to try to get TB to stop so it can start again) I get
_EVENT FAILURE_
(code 9;result '4'; throwable null):java.lang.NullPointerException.

Apart from this it works perfectly!
Trpaslik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjanalik wrote:

U mna na SE K550i to je podobne. Hrubka ciary sa v ukazke zmeni az po potvrdeni OK a vrateni k Desktop. Farba sa meni okamzite pri stlacani kurzorovych klavesov vpravo ci vlavo...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: