• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
... use tb sometimes on routes I know. On this routes a do tracklogging and i just want to see my speed (km/h) or just the walked/driven way (km) as BIG, as possible ... this could be done with big NUMBERS over the map, or on an own screen (switch on/off Num-Key) ... would be nice ... m

OK
tdroza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me what units the rmc:speed tag uses in the gpx log file? I thought it was knots, but when I convert this to miles per hour (multiply by 15077945) it doesn't give the correct values for the speed that I was traveling (the kmh display on the OSD is correct though).

Thanks,
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Waypoint position wrong on map for non WGS84 datum Reply with quote

Pls find problem description on following pictures, little yellow arrow shows correct wpt positon on map (checked on place and in other tools too). It is position of real geocache.

Ranger
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdroza wrote:
Can you tell me what units the rmc:speed tag uses in the gpx log file? I thought it was knots, but when I convert this to miles per hour (multiply by 15077945) it doesn't give the correct values for the speed that I was traveling (the kmh display on the OSD is correct though).

Thanks,
Tom

meters per second

I could not find where to put speed and course in GPX scheme (http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/), but developers manual (http://www.topografix.com/gpx_manual.asp) mentions them as optional with units to be used (m/s and degrees), so for now, until I get this cleared, "rmc" is a proprietary extension...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Waypoint position wrong on map for non WGS84 datum Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Pls find problem description on following pictures, little yellow arrow shows correct wpt positon on map (checked on place and in other tools too). It is position of real geocache.Ranger

Is the map Pulkovo 1942 Poland and geocache coordinates WGS-84?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Waypoint position wrong on map for non WGS84 datum Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Is the map Pulkovo 1942 Poland and geocache coordinates WGS-84?

Yes.

I found one more. If I set crosshair to nearest position OSD coordinates shows N51 51.635' E019 40.933, but waypoints Enter Manually shows position N51 51.617 E19 40.824 ???

Ranger
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Waypoint position wrong on map for non WGS84 datum Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I found one more. If I set crosshair to nearest position OSD coordinates shows N51 51.635' E019 40.933, but waypoints Enter Manually shows position N51 51.617 E19 40.824 ???

Ranger

OSD shows local datum coordinates, but waypoints always use WGS-84. Well, this may be a bit confusing, I realize... Confused Maybe I should display both coordinates in waypoint form...

But if you enter a waypoint manually with coordinates as filled by the application, crosshair and waypoint symbol should overlap perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Waypoint position wrong on map for non WGS84 datum Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

OSD shows local datum coordinates, but waypoints always use WGS-84. Well, this may be a bit confusing, I realize... Confused Maybe I should display both coordinates in waypoint form...

Sorry, I don't know how coordinates are transformed in TB. What exactly means "local datum coordinates" ?
Could you e-mail me ?

kruch wrote:

But if you enter a waypoint manually with coordinates as filled by the application, crosshair and waypoint symbol should overlap perfectly.

... as well as it is possible with pixel grid, but still in wrong place on map Sad And the question is why ?
For first look all is OK, map corner coordinates checked; max 1 pixel difference. Acceptable. Map lat/lon is linear, geometric distortion not so big, map grids (lat/lon and TM) controlled, so calibration is OK. But waypoint mark seems to be in wrong position, moved to NE (rather E), compared for example to the same situation in OziE. Which coordinates you use to set waypoint on map ?

Maybe you would check this map and wpt yourself ?

Ranger

Edit
On picture below - map only difference between TB & OziE.
Black map grid is 2 km.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and now:

... for me, the sound for the events are sometimes too quiet, can you add a volume control preset
... would like to have a waypointname_automatic name suggestion as preset option, so i have only to accept:

wp.2006.12.01.23.05 (eg %whateveryouwant%year%month%day%hour%minute)

... still wish a speedometer (bigbig numbers!, you know, please!)
... and now, can do an advanced speedometer with a ping-sound when
i go faster (as xx>kmh) or pong-sound for slower (as yy<kmh).
With an preset for one "ping" when i go over the speed ("pong when
i go under my speed") or a "ping ping ping" (intervall, like you have
done by bt reconnection).

and .mp3/.au for "ping" and "pong" would be veryvery nice

... is there a database for calibrated maps ?
... where is the guy who wants to offer a java_script for automatic google.map download ??? can you hear me/us ???

... thanx, keep on this wonderfull tb, always very happy to see the new steps

m
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger: it all may be a flaw in TB logic. Let's see:

- map viewer uses map calibration, so let's assume we have a map with S-42 Poland datum
- location info from GPS is taken, coordinates transformed from WGS-84 to S-42 POL, sent to map viewer which it just transforms to x,y pixel position, scrolls the map if necessary, updates crosshair position ect
- when a waypoint is selected for navigation, its coordinates are transformed from WGS-84 to S-42 POL, and sent to map viewer that transforms lat/lon -> x,y and displays waypoint symbol.

Info in OSD is 'bound' to map viewer therefore position shown there is in given map datum (S-42 POL in this example)

This is how I think it works and it should work ok, but, there may be a bug in code or in the "process" that I may not see...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map position sample shows rather calculation problem in map viewer.

What are yours parameters values for S42-PL ?

I use:

Pulkovo 1942 POL (S-42 Poland)
Ellipsoid Krassovsky 1940 (OziE nr 15)

DX + 23.74 m
DY - 123.83 m
DZ - 81.81 m

DA - 108.0 m
DF +0.004 807 95

Ranger

Edit

Kruch, I'm sure that something doesn't work in map viewer as should.
If I set crosshair to any x,y position for Pulkovo datum and next change datum to WGS, crosshair is staying in the same position and coordinates are the same in OSD. But to be effective - OSD should show different WGS coordinates or map should be moved to new place. Sad
You can say, that it is not necessary until map with new datum is really loaded. But in such case it doesn't make sense to change map datum manually or always remember last map datums used. Probably setting map datum from map calibration file can resolve such problems.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)

My S-42 Poland is:

Ellipsoid("Krassovsky 1940", 6378245, 298.3);
Datum("Pulkovo 1942 (Poland)", ELLIPSOID_KRASSOVSKY_1940, 23, -124, -82);

2)

Map Datum setting is only used for transformation of "incoming" WGS-84 coordinates (ie. positions from GPS device and waypoints) to current map datum coordinates. If you are moving on the map with cursor key, you will always see the same coordinates, regardless of Map Datum setting value.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guest m,

thanks for suggestions, but for now, let me get back to your previous notes Smile

* a new gpx empty file is created whenever BT reconnects - I could not reproduce it, for me, an empty <trkseg/> is created in existing gpx file
* green-all-ok bullet is not shown upon successful BT reconnection - I could not reproduce this either

Perhaps I'm not doing exactly what yoyu do? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad.1

OK. I prepare custom datums file with yours parameters and we will see.
If you could use dx,dy,dz values I posted, it will be fine, it is some kind of "standard" for Polish GPS users and we have a lot of already calibrated maps.

Ad.2
As I understand, crosshair and map itself isn't treated as coordinates input, or can be such input for WGS84 map only.
Pls remember, that this way non-gps phone users can use only this kind of maps to input and send coordinates (cannot be to much more like GPS-es) Smile

For me map datum, included in calibration file, is some kind of "metrics" of map itself, necessary to correctly interpret map objects positions, rather connected to it, not only to transformations.

Ranger

Edit

Ad1. No wpt difference in OziE with yours parameters.
mac-es

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.2 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

- SXG75: altitude hack

What does that mean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: