• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haddock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowi wrote:
So now its possible for the first time to have the datadir in a SXG75 on the memory card and access the track and wpt data via bluetooth and the normal file browser.. Smile

But you can't create new waypoints with TrekBuddy, can you?
wowi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. When I try to create a persistent waypoint, I get an error message ..not accessible for write. The waypoint is there and I can navigate to it, but it is not permanent. Sad
By the way, no problem to load an atlas.

If I check "Siemens I/O" in the Settings, I get an "Invalid header" message and can't load a map or atlas... so don't check it.

If I set the datadir to file:///fs/tb/ waypoint recording works.

If I try file:///efs-miscellaneous/tb/ as datadir, it is the same behaviour as when using a datadir on the memory card: it works i.e. resources and ui-profiles are found, but waypoint recording is not possible.
Talekk.sna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Problem with SXG75 Reply with quote

[1]:
java.lang.SecurityException: Operation is not allowed on target:
///E:/TrekBuddy/

How to solve problem???

One more thing. Why I must delete "MIDlet-Certificate-1-1:....", if I dont delete it I cant see TrekBuddy on SXG75?!?!?!
wowi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the SXG75 still the recommended setting for the datadir is file:///fs/tb/
The default setting ///E:/TrekBuddy/ must be changed accordingly in the settings.
How to install TB on a SXG75 is in the wiki and there is a large SXG75 discussion in the devices section.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Do you have to add the O2 flag for each version
to the jad to make O2 options visible?

Or does it stay visible in newer version
once you installed a version with the O2 flag set?

Unfortunately you have to... does it make sense to persist it for good? What do you think?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SXG75 is too special, I should have made "Siemens I/O" option off on SXG75 by default Sad . The option only affects how TB loads .tar maps (there is a bug in java implementation in some Siemens phones and workaround cannot be unfortunately automagic).

Does .tar maps work good for anyone with Siemens/Benq device at all... ?

---

I'll also check map/atlas loading on N6230i - have you got more details (error message, whatever..)?
bdam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loading a map on my SXG75 was never a problem for me at all. Using file:///fs/mymap.tar as "Startup Map"

The only problem I have is not being able to save tracks on my MMC card. I can't use the file system since I don't have a data cable which is needed to create the needed folder structure on the filesystem (or does it somehow work?). Why doesn't trekbuddy create the folder structure automatically?

After clicking on "Start Tracklog" I get an IOException which tells me that mmc-miscellaneous/tracks-gpx/... is not accessible for write. (I have created the folder structure on my MMC under miscellaneous).
Dexter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Maps and Atlases on MMC memory on SXG75 Reply with quote

I have no problem with Maps and atlases on MMC and SXG75.
I have not tested that with the latest newest version yet.
But I have all my maps on memory card and it works good(tar-ed atlases) version 68.
Scrolling maps is also working.
I can try the latest version(v69) later today and report if it works ok with SXG75 and MMC card.
Excellent Work Kruch Smile

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SXG75 is not very "siemens" phone Wink

So, mmc-miscellaneous is not writable from java, but it is good to have maps resources etc there. How about a hack for SGX75: if you specify eg. file:///mmc-miscellaneous/tb/ as DataDir, TB will use file:///fs/tb/ for tracks-nmea and tracks-gpx, since fs (BREW?) is writable, correct? I realize it does not help to access recorded tracks and wpts via bluetooth or normal file browser, but - would you find this hack useful?
wowi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use file:///fs/tb/ as data dir and have no problems to read maps and atlases from a visible directory on the memory card. Well, such "hack" could be useful to easy change resources and ui-profiles. A data cable will still be necessary to create the directories in file:///fs/ (i.e. /brew/shared/) and transfer waypoint and track data.
In version 0.9.69 it is for the first time possible to read ui-profiles and resources from a directory visible in the browser, by choosing a data dir visible in the browser. Of course this is not useful as long as it is not yet possible to write waypoints and tracks here too. I hoped you could get it working also to write into such directory? Now you have already solved to read from a visible directory..
j.utha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
am I the only one to have memory problems with SXG75? I can't get tb969 started. Does it need much more memory than the previous version?
Jürgen
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.utha wrote:
Hi,
am I the only one to have memory problems with SXG75? I can't get tb969 started. Does it need much more memory than the previous version?
Jürgen

Actually it should need less... you do not use .tar maps, do you? is your startup map a huge atlas or map?
Talekk.sna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Please... Reply with quote

... describe how to install TB 69 on SXG75. I'm new so I'm not conversant with procedure how to set datadir "file:///fs/tb/" and so on....

Thanks
j.utha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,
I don't use tared maps. Will maps (jpgs) be reduced a lot? I thought, the compression of jpgs will hardly increase further more. My startup-atlas is rather huge, but the tiles are small. If it will fix my problem, i'm gonna tar Smile
Jürgen
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, it should work fine as it is. I wonder if calibration and set files names match?

There's a bug in tbcutter - it creates a .set file with name derived from image filename and not calibration filename. So if you have eg. arb.map and arb_1000.png (that is is ok for Ozi), tbcutter will create arb_1000.set which TB will not find. And if TB does not find a .set file for a map, it scans through set/ folder, and here's where I made a little change that may affect memory consumption...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: