• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Android backlight Reply with quote

For quite some time now (at least I think so) it is different that it was at the start. Now it does not keep the backlight on (at the set level) but also dims after a time (Android setting?). Long-press can cycle through some changes, but it always dimms after some time (quite irritating in bright sunlght). Bug or feature? Confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ranger"]I'm not really happy with your problem description :-)
First of all - no info about phone model/platform version used.
Hourglass isn't included in app itself, so you see some system reaction. Which one ? Who knows ? :-)
Try to use new atlas header, where atlas structure is discovered by app itself.
Or check presented scenario with mapless mode. What is the effect ?
You can still use list to select map or layer. Simple - just touch +/- longer to open list view.[/quote]

Well Ranger, some info I can give you quite easily: it is Android and ZTE Blade.

As usually such erors appear when you use TB (ie outdoor), I didn't do a regular software test at that time, so I couldn't give you a computer scientist's concise report. It looked like some blocked treads or at least too much load for the system (workload for which there was no real reason... so some kind of deadlock seems more probable to me). The loading/working-message (I don't remember what it read exactly) seemed to be one created by TB (something like JOptionPane in Java). Sorry again for not beeing precise, but I think nevertheless with that info *you/kruch* can see where the problem in TB is located - with all that great tb I think I didn't overestimate you....

[quote]Try to use new atlas header, where atlas structure is discovered by app itself.[/quote]

Sorry, nobody told me of a new atlas structure. Where can I find some documentation on that? How can I convert my old atlasses?

[quote]You can still use list to select map or layer. Simple - just touch +/- longer to open list view.[/quote]

Thank you for the info, that could help. Again, where can I find such info without bothering you personally? Considering your programming efforts for implementing that feature, I could imagine that such a feature could be the reason for the blocking-problem too, if something went wrong with the timing!
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Smile
Now we know more about platform - it is Android device. System version is 2.1 or 4.1.2 ?
Model is ZTE Blade, but which one ? There are around 20 ZTE Blade models, from first released in 2010 to Blade 3 Pro in 2013 Smile
Map enumeration for tared atlases was introduced in version 1.28
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7653
for untared works from years.
Map switching was described in wiki long time ago
http://www.trekbuddy.net/wiki/index.php?title=Using#Touchscreen
It isn't easy to reproduce problem without detailed info, app works on few platforms and hundreds of models Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ranger"]Hi again :-)
Now we know more about platform - it is Android device. System version is 2.1 or 4.1.2 ?
Model is ZTE Blade, but which one ? There are around 20 ZTE Blade models, from first released in 2010 to Blade 3 Pro in 2013 :-)
It isn't easy to reproduce problem without detailed info, app works on few platforms and hundreds of models :-)[/quote]

It is the rather old Android 2.1 version, but have enjoyed the device up to now because of its very good gps.

ad atlasses: Thanks: It seems I skipped this version. Alas such as it is desribed there I would have overread it...

[quote]
Map switching was described in wiki long time ago[/quote]

Well, I think that's kind of not fair: I never ever activated easyzoom - the only zooming feature the keys are described for, the +/- Key always invoked the list - and suddenly with the latest version the +/-Area worked quite different ... and the wiki remained unchanged since 2012/11/4, so I had no reason to reread it...

[quote]It isn't easy to reproduce[/quote]

...I understand and you/kruch do really great work! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ranger"]Hi again :-)
Model is ZTE Blade, but which one ? There are around 20 ZTE Blade models, from first released in 2010 to Blade 3 Pro in 2013 :-)
It isn't easy to reproduce problem without detailed info, app works on few platforms and hundreds of models :-)[/quote]

I experimented a little with a new atlas: It seems that it hangs during the "Loading"-Popup with the rotating wheel. Today I could [b]reproduce[/b] it easily: My expression is that it hangs if you zoom again before the screen refresh is done if there is no larger/smaller zoom level available. This is also true with the new/empty atlas-tar.
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double-touching problem was known, but solution is available for Android version Smile
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7665
svgt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Hope for Android 1.6 Version Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

I hope for a version, which is running with my Android 1.6.

Thanks in advance

svgt
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version for 1.6 is available for download

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/1.30/trekbuddy-backport.apk

I just commented it out in index.html. But you have to install it somehow yourself...
I do not know if it is possible to publish multiple apks of one version for different Android versions to the Store...
boowoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kruch,

Now there is no problem for smartphones about screen size and CPU/RAM power for TrekBuddy with more performance ...

-> arrows and naviws need 10 blocks (images of arrows/naviws) to display 90 degrees by 10 degrees step !

Is it possible to implement steps by 5 degrees (or less) for more accuracy and better display ?

Regards Smile
matjazz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I got CAT B15 Q (Android 4.4.2) and here are my observations:

-I've made an atlas with mobac (google terrain) and TB cuter (calibrated images). It works on latest WP8 Trekbuddy, it works on Java phone with TB 1.28 and it worked on CAT B15 (Android 4.1) about a year ago.
Now most of the time it doesn't load layers that were made with TB cutter saying: "No map for current position in the layer..."
The atlas is SLO_TK25.zip (1,4GB)

-Unlike in WP8 It can't read tarred resources and ui-profiles so I had to unpack them both and now I can see arrows and cms templates in my photos. Yei!

-Data dir must be set to internal memory (sdcard0) or it wont save waypoints, tracks... The price is that changing map takes some wading through file structure. Perhaps a map dir setting could remedy this.

Otherwise it's blazing fast Smile
ammundsen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Time goes on, Trekbuddy stays Reply with quote

Hello kruch,
thanks for your work.
Yesterday I installed it on an S4mini(4.4.2) and transfered the directory tree with my old atlases from my little Nokia to the sd card of the new device. After checking for solutions for the Kitkat SD Card problem it works great as ever.
Only the little drawback with changing Maps(maps on SD Card/DataDir on "internalSD") Maybe there is a better way, but i would recommend two different paths in the settings. One for maps and one for data. I got an Error Message, if I try to save Tracklogs on the ExternalSD(no permission)
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

android 4.4+ I think I could implement a hack that for Maps command, browsing for map would start on SD card (if present) to avoid traversing from internal memory to SD

packed customization packages I could add support for this to avoid TB images appear in gallery, that is good point

@matjazz I'll test the atlas
matjazz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just installed 1.30 on Samsung Xcover 2 (S2710). The atlas works fine. Also I'm putting CAT B15 Q on sale so I won't be able to test on Android once it's sold.
boowoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matjazz,

S7710 is good choice except interne memory ... reason why i've rooted mine Wink

I 've got Xcover 2 since more than one year and it work fine with TB in very hard outdoor situations ! Smile
Peter Atanasov

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Strange problem on Samsung Galaxy S4 Reply with quote

Hi Kruch.
I use a Trekbuddy of at least eight years and I have not had any problems. Now I change my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Samsung Galaxy S4 and appeared strange problems:
1. Photo 1 shows the same track on the same map on SGS2 and SGS4 - there is a big shift on SGS4.
2. Photo 2 shows recorded track of SGS4 and uploaded on SGS2 - on SGS2 shows correct, on SGS4 shows nonsense.
SGS4 records correct track but on map shows nonsenses while recording and later when it is uploaded.
What could be the problem?

Best regards

1.JPG
 Description:
Photo 1
 Filesize:  147.42 KB
 Viewed:  14031 Time(s)

1.JPG

2.JPG
 Description:
Photo 2
 Filesize:  138.95 KB
 Viewed:  14034 Time(s)

2.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Versions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: