• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
installing TB with expired certificate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zimuland

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem the same "solution" at the moment.
My device: Nokia 5230
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick with datum shift & signing with expired certificate may work on older S60. Tested succesfully on N6720c (S60 3rd fp2). Could you please try it?

1. download v1.27 signed with 2013 certificate from http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2014-08-10/
2. shift year back to 2013
3. install TB and set permissions (Menu->Applications->Application Manager->Installed apps->.. TB -> Settings)
4. set year back to 2014

TB runs ok with permissions "Always allowed" for SD card read/write
itsbrody

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Your device is... ?

Nokia E72 (Modell E72-1, Typ: RM-530)
no security hacks

@kruch: Just saw, what you wrote in above article. Might this help for me, too - I guess I've the same OS-Version, but I'm not sure.
zimuland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kruch for the version with the expired certifacate. The installation worked as expected.
itsbrody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsbrody wrote:
kruch wrote:
Your device is... ?

Nokia E72 (Modell E72-1, Typ: RM-530)
no security hacks

@kruch: Just saw, what you wrote in above article. Might this help for me, too - I guess I've the same OS-Version, but I'm not sure.

Great kruch!
Works for me, too!
Don Atorre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

installing the 1.27 with 2013 certificate in the way described above is no problem. Everything seems to work fine, with one exception:

When pressing the "feet"-icon (to see the navigation-menu) in the menu at the bottom long everything works: I see the menu with waypoints,tracks, ... project new waypoint and so on.

But when pressing it long again, the touchscreen seems to be locked. Trekbuddy is still navigating, but no input is possible.

Same with long pressing on the "-"-zoom-buttom. First time i get the menu for changig the layers, second time long pressing the "-", the screen is locked.

Same with long pressing on the "+"-zoom-buttom. First time i get the menu for changig the maps, second time long pressing the "+", the screen is locked.

Could it be, that there is a change or fault in the behavior of the touch-commands? It seems to me, that some commands could be mixed up.

Is there any way to unlock the screen?

Maybe that is due to installing the 1.27 directly over the 1.24, without unstalling the 1.24?

My phone is a Nokia 5800 XM.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed there is a bug in 08-10 version. (result of pinch gesture experimental support for Android in 1.27).

Fixed here: http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2014-08-20/
Don Atorre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of thanks to you kruch,

only one thing i miss now (and did in the last 1.27 too):

By pressing the middle icon in the touch menu (these two triangles), i could change the description of the waypoints in the map. If i remember right, it startet with the cache name, pressing the icon it changed to the cache code (for example GC2ABCD) and it showed addional waypoints, like parking or what i'm missing most: final waypoints when searching mystery caches.

Now you have to navigate to the parking waypoint and use "show them all". In this case the middel icon works and changes by pressing it the name of the waypoint in the map.

But addional waypoints like "final" are no longer shown, even in the list of waypoints.

Or do i have to change something in the settings?

Thank you!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it changed recently, but who knows... Anyway, by default it shows current wpt name (or its gc name, depends on Settings->Navigation->prefer GC name), then

next press -> name for all POIs if navigating with route or Show all was selected before
next press -> show wpt comment
next press -> show wpt comment if ...
next press -> do not show any texts

So unless you Show all or Route Fwd/Rwd, it is not supposed to show more than just one POI... did it work differently before??
Don Atorre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

of course you are right, my mistake: it depends on the gpx data i import. And i didn't export some additional waypoints.

But i noticed today, that there is no audio alarm, when i come to the wp i navigate to. The setting is: audio when closer than 50 meters. I tried it several times, no sound.

Maybe it's because i use an indivdual sound (which always worked - at least with the 1.24).

I am gonna check it more intensive on weekend.

Another thing i noticed is, that stopping the navigation takes a long time or the touch command does not work soon. I have to press several times on STOP before i see the END button.

But all in all, the last 1.27 version works almost correct. This is the first one i use since the 1.24, because it was absolutly stable and worked superior on my old Nokia 5800XM in comparison to the in between versions.

Thank you very much for your support of this old symbian system.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check the sound alarm problem, by invididual sound you mean wpt-specific alarm (linked from wpt) or custom sound file in sounds/ folder?

And the second problem, when you press STOP (in Navigation menu?) it takes long before you see END button - I'm sorry but what END button?
Don Atorre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

i ment custom sound file in sounds/ folder. It's called wpt.mp3 an worked in 1.24 version.

Second problem: When i press the house icon in the softmenu on the buttom a menu with the following buttons appears Start, Start BlueGP*, ... Navigation, End. When pressing StartBlue GP* the navigation starts and whren pressing the house icon in the softmenu again, the above describes menu buttons change:

Start ==> Stop
Start BlueGP* ==> Pause
Navigation ==> Navigation
End ==> Tracklog Start

So there is no End-Button to close trekbuddy.

But when i press house-icon --> STOP the first menu beginning with the START-Button and ending with the END-button appears again. So i can close trekbuddy with the END-button.

My question was, why i have to press serveral times house-icon --> STOP before it stops and i can see the END-button.

For me it seems, that i takes a lot of time to stop navigation. Maybe i'm wrong. Fact is, i have to presse serveral times house-->STOP.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't reproduce any of the the issues on Symbian N808 nor older 6720c Sad

As for custom wpt sound, just to be sure, do you have Settings->Navigation->Wpt Proximity Alerts->acoustic checked?

Ad stopping tracking with Bluetooth GPS - do you have any special options checked in Settings->Location->Bluetooth?

EDIT: ad sound issue: in 1.26+ there is a debug info about playback available in TB. Please try to get to a wpt to have a sound played, and then go to Info->Technical->Playback (Playback item is after Camera before Ports), this item contains a sequence of action took to play a sound, so please send it to me. It looks like "x-realized->x-volume..."

EDIT2: ad BT GPS, what is the frequency of fix updates? 1 Hz? There is a slight delay after Stop depending on fix updates frequency. I had my BT GPS set for 5 Hz so delay was not noticeable, but with 1 Hz I can see it. Anyway for behaviour you describe it would have to be <1 Hz, not sure this is possible. So problem is probably somewhere else I am afraid...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've implemented more aggresive end of tracking when bluetooth GPS is used: http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2014-08-23/
Don Atorre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

yesterday i tested the last but one verison of 1.26 (2014-08-20) again and very intensive. I unstalled trekbuddy and the service completely. With a new install i tried to find geocaches. But when i reached the koords of a waypoint, trekbuddy broke down (the prgramm finished). For me it was unusable, because this happend three times.

So i uninstalled the 1.26 an reinstalled the 1.24. This one worked perfect, as i mentioned before. But now i have the sound problem with this version too. Of course the acoustic alert is checked.

Could it be, that my sound problem is older? Because until installing the first time my working 1.24 version i updated the versions without uninstalling the older ones. Could it be, that there is something like an ini-file, where there has been a setting for the sound in older version. And this setting is no longer available or changeable but still in this ini-file.

I have no idea, why i don't get any alert, except the build in.

I tried it with a wpt.wav as well as a wpt.mp3. I tried in in the root folder as well as in the sounds and resources folder.

My bluetooth settings are trekbuddy standard, i did not change them.

I will ask a friend to give me his old 5800 XM and test trekbuddy with that phone. It will be the first install of trekbuddy on that device. Let's see, what happens ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Known Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: