• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Background light controls... bug or not

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duartemelim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Background light controls... bug or not Reply with quote

hi kruch, and other users
Background light controls... bug or not?!

i have a "problem" with light control (nokia C7 symbian ^3..)
Trekbudy backlight light have two main modes: On or Off - ok?

...at Map Screen, for example - touch shortly (or key "3") on bottom item, to switch on OR to switch off, light item at bottom, and consequently backlight/screen saver...

Mode 0 - If item light at bottom is Off
...the screen it´s on about 10% of light but, backlight or screen will switch off after some seconds, and screensaver will be in action shortly...

Mode 1 - If item light at bottom it´s On
...backlight it´s alway on, and we can "long touch" or press 3 several times, and screen will increase background light... for example 10%, 25%, 50%, and 100%, then return to first mode 10% of light, more or less...

...the screen saver in this mode it´s blocked... and the screen light it´s always on, and also the image light at bottom... well, i think this is to work like this... but...

well, i think we have here a bug...
... it´s not working like that, or it´s my phone... or me ...heheh?!
What´s happenning: after 100% light mode, with long touch or key 3 again, it returns to 10%, which is almost equal to mode 0, (item light OFF)... the screensaver, will be active in few moments, and the screen light, will be off...
(it´s intend to work like this? Return to Mode 0 at fourth position?! ...if so, thouching again or pressing 3 shortly, item at bottom should light on...)

But, the image at bottom it´s (always) turned off ... and if we touch shortly or press key 3, it´s always turned off... and if touch shortly or press key 3 again, item it´s always off...

My suggestion:
1 - So, I think the first stage 10% light, should also block screen saver, and the item light at bottom should be always on... To activate Mode 0, we will have to press 3 or touch shortly.
(my preference)

2 - Or if it´s intend to return to Mode 0, then thouching shortly again should activate item, at bottom...

3 - other sugestion is only having the Mode 1, with it´s 4 stages... (3 stages with the screensaver blocked, and light always on... and the other stage, screensaver on... )

thanks Wink

Post edited to change previous values:
25%, 50%, 75%, 100% > 10% 25%, 50% and 100% (more correct, and more understandable)

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Help 2 be helped - thanks guys for all Very Happy

Last edited by duartemelim on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Nokias (not all but many), TB supports 4 levels of backlight - 10, 25, 50, 100. You change the levels by longpress key3 or top-right screen corner.
At any level, you shortpress to prevent/not prevent screensaver.
The current status of backlight control is in Info->Technical->DeviceCtrl. Eg. with Belle phone, I can see "Nokia+ 1.4/null (25%)".
duartemelim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: light/screensaver... off and on Reply with quote

...with light at level "10" (minimum of all levels), my screensaver is active (it block screen in short time, and this is not intend to happened, i think)... and if i short touch the bulb or key 3, bulb is always off... here is the problem (bug)...

1- if i short touch, lamp should switch mode (on/off) ** (but does´t happened)
2 - at one of this modes (10%light), screen saver should be inactive (but does´t happened)

if i long touch to the next level, 25, bulb get´s on, and just then screen saver is blocked... and i can short touch to switch off bulb...

I have Symbian Anna, but i think i have the same problem with other models

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Belle. What do you see in Info->Technical->DeviceCtrl?
duartemelim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: light parameters at "Technical - DeviceCtrl" Reply with quote

With the lamp off at the bottom / (screen saver on after 1 minute)
"Technical - DeviceCtrl"
Nokia+ 1,4/null (10%) null/null

With the lamp ON (after activate mode with short touch or key 3),
at the several modes i have... (changing modes with long press/long touch, key 3)

25%... > 50%... > 100% ... > 10% (but the lamp turns off at this 10%...) > 10% again (but the lamp is ON) ...> 25% > 50%> 100%> 10% lamp of > 10% lamp on (end of the line edited)
- It wasn´t suppose lamp to continue ON, and screensaver mode off, at this (first) 10%?
- I short touch (at this first 10%), to change mode/lamp to ON, BUT lamp continuos off... until a long press/touch...

How many, modes we have with 10% light...?
I have 2, at mode screensaver OFF/backlight ON
... shouldn´t be only one, and with lamp ON?

And how many modes, with screensaver off, it´s supose to exist?
I think 4, but exists 5 including two times 10%

Something is not correct here...

(post edited)

Last edited by duartemelim on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
duartemelim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: changing light modes Reply with quote

otherwise ...... if only modes 25%, 50%, 100% are suposed to have screensaver off, then after a longpress at 100%, light should return to 25%, and not to 10% with lamp off...

duartemelim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: bug at lights changing Reply with quote

Good Morning Kruch, Smile
do you understood my point of view?
The Bug is that we have 2 modes with 10% light, inside the mode screensaver off.

...after the 100% light, should change to 10% light, BUT with lamp ON...

BUT is changing to 10% light, with lamp OFF... and only after changes to 10% light, with lamp ON ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: