• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0k gpx traglog files issue (With Samsung B2100)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajusC00L

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: 0k gpx traglog files issue (With Samsung B2100) Reply with quote

Hello Savvy TB people Cool

I just posted a french thread here:http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53455#53455 but I thought I'd give myself a better chance to get an answer by summarizing the issue here.

TB version: 1.2.0
Mobile: Samsung B2100
GPS: Globalsat BT338 bluetotth receiver (Still works fine)

- I've got the app running
- The GPS receives and correctly sends the data to the phone since I can view my position and direction on the map and all the other matrix data on the CMS.

The problem is that TB totally blocks in less than a minute and I can only exit. I can onlmy use Pause, Continue or Stop if I do it before TB freezes.

It does create my GPX track log file though. But the thing is that whether it was created on a pre or post freeze test, all the files (I have more than 40 .gpx tests filles now are useless since they conttain no data.

Hence I guess it's a double issue "re" the freeze and the 0k .gpx files, but I'm totally clueless. I've reformatted my 16Gb SDHD card just in case but the problem remains.

Let me know if you can help, I'd be eternally grateful Wink

Best regards

MajusC00L
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you try these tests:
- run TB without CMS and without tracklog to see if it freezes
- then try TB without CMS but with tracklog for a few minutes then Stop tracking and check tracklog content
MajusC00L

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kruch and thank you for taking the time to answer. Here are my results

kruch wrote:
- run TB without CMS and without tracklog to see if it freezes

I just modified the parameters as you say. It connects OK (Green dot visible). But after a minute, even if the GPS says it receives a good signal, the green dot goes orange (It disappear after another short moment). I can still move the map but now arrows shows no direction. Like the original problem, Only exit can work. Stop or Pause are then useless.

kruch wrote:
- then try TB without CMS but with tracklog for a few minutes then Stop tracking and check tracklog content

Exact same results after this test.

By the sound of it, it looks like Tel&TB decide to disconnect from the GPS receiver, not the opposite. This receiver is used without problems on another phone (Nokia) with the same parameters.

Best regards
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange dot may not signal as big issue as I thought from the first post. Hopefully..
Please record NMEA log including at least 1 minute after dot turns from green to orange.
MajusC00L

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: No more luck with this test... Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Orange dot may not signal as big issue as I thought from the first post. Hopefully..
Please record NMEA log including at least 1 minute after dot turns from green to orange.

Hello Kruch

It creates a 0K NMEA file in the proper directory but the whole behavior remains the same.

Do you reckon it's a TB on Samsung issue or more just a TB issue? I'm under the impression that many people have problems using TB with non smartphone samsung phones.

Regards
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung (non-smarts) are the most troublesome phones for TB. I recall an issue with empty tracklogs, but don't remember details... Are you using BT GPS directly with Bluetooth provider selected in Settings->Location or you have the GPS paired with phone and access it via Internal provider?

EDIT: found this old topic, there is no solution though Sad

http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6165
Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card can cause problem, as I remember b2100 supports only standard microSD up to 8GB ...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is right, java application may have problems with writing to "unsupported" SD card type.. I see no reason why TB would not write any trackpoint or NMEA data when it gets a fix (at least at the beginning when tracking is started)
MajusC00L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both

Reading your last posts, I borrowed a 4Gb standard SD card from a friend and the problems remain the sames. 0K NMEA or GPX files. I also just did a last test with no tracking and it's the same.

I first thought that may be TB was freezing because it could'nt write in files but now I think that it freezes because of a samsung issue that just does not send any info to the created file.

I think I'll go and get myself another phone. It's annoying since this solid B2100 is perfect for the month long walking trip amidst the volcanoes starting next week Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: