• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
{spd-d} and {alt-d} on 6110 Navigator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jussi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: {spd-d} and {alt-d} on 6110 Navigator Reply with quote

Hello!

I noticed that the Nokia 6110 Navi sometimes shows wierd values on CMS screen. The values affected (atleast those that I noticed) are spd-d and alt-d.

On a cms.simple theme the spd-d shows a value of 92233 (positive or negative) and on a cms.bluedig with icons both the sdp-d and alt-d show a value of 4775807 (pos. or neg.). Sometimes the acceleration values seem to be normal, less then 5 m/s^2 when walking.

Is this a bug or a limitation of my device (for example because GPS outputs these weird values)?

I have also sometimes noticed hangup during switching between two cms-themes. Left and right buttons work, but you cant't select anything, you cannot even exit the application. And you cannot even kill the TB using the phones inbuilt application manager.

-jussi

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spd-d/alt-d may be a TB bug; the hangup is really bad... btw are you using latest firmware?
Jussi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
spd-d/alt-d may be a TB bug; the hangup is really bad... btw are you using latest firmware?

Yes, the firmware is up to date.

The hangup seemed like the CMS theme was trying to change, but it took forever. Screen went blank with a small portion of previous CMS shown at the lower part of the screen.

What puzzled me was the fact that the menu opened with left or right button, and that you could not kill the TB, not even with the red button or the application manager. Only way to kill the application was to reboot the phone. Usually JAVA-programs close nicely.

I havent been able to reproduce this bug anymore, so I'm not shure if it has something to do with conditions (out in the woods in fog and drizzle rain Wink )

I'll report if this happens again.

-jussi

Jussi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a picture of the {spd-d} showing a wierd value (07.92233...). It looks like that the length of the value shown depends on which cms is loaded at startup and also which cms is in use.

I looked at the recorded NMEA around the timepoint this picture was taken, and could not see anything strange.

This bug (?) is not a big deal to me, as I do not really need information about acceleration. By the way, what is the unit of spd-d and alt-d? Is it m/s^2 or is it just the difference to the next-to-last measurement in m/s?

-jussi

TB_screen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.75 KB
 Viewed:  6098 Time(s)

TB_screen.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: