• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wowi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
- new variables in CMS: spd.d,spd.d-avg,spd.d-avg-auto,

I tried to find out what these new variables do, but I think there is something wrong with them: spd.d-avg is about half the velocity, spd.d-avg-auto seems to periodically down counting from about half the velocity to zero, spd.d is some small number I don't know? Confused
Edit: ok I see - these are respective digits after the decimal point so one can use another font like in MaleSMurf's wonderful new blue digit theme. Cool

Last edited by wowi on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
yearling

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch and everybody
I tested TB v 0.9.65 - it works good, but I found two small bugs in this version.
In Settings >> Location >> GPX option isn't possible to uncheck "log only valid" - I unchecked it and save configuration, but when I open configuration again, "log only valid" is still checked. What does it mean this item - if I check it, so tracklog GPX is in pure form (without waypoints,...)?
And second small bug - Settings >> Location >> Capture Format - it isn't possible to add next item into this combo box - there is only "encoding=jpeg". Capture Locator I have "capture://image" (video doesn't work om my phone N6233) with "encoding=jpeg" it works, but resolution of photos is only 120x160px. In previous version TB ("Capture Format" was Text box) I used Capture Format "width=1600&height=1200" - photos were in full resolution 1600x1200px (2Mpx).
And finally I have a question - is anywhere a complete list of all variables (with their definition) that I can use in CMS profile? In documentation I can't find it - there are only some variables.
x2fer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Language translation of main menu in the file resources/language.txt does not work. In this version, this file does not appear inside the file .JAR. But in his place there is a file called "language.res", with all the texts of the program in English.

In new versions, will it be possible to translate all the texts into other languages?. Is it possible to edit them with a Hex editor like Hex Workshop?

Quote:
And second small bug - Settings >> Location >> Capture Format - it isn't possible to add next item into this combo box - there is only "encoding=jpeg". Capture Locator I have "capture://image" (video doesn't work om my phone N6233) with "encoding=jpeg" it works, but resolution of photos is only 120x160px.

In K750i, four Capture Format options appear in bold font style, and only is possible to read "encoding=jpeg&". It is necessary to wait several seconds on the text, to see the chosen resolution of the snapshot.

Last edited by x2fer on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
johan_ande

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth gps not stalling anymore Reply with quote

Hi,
I had the problem were the gps connection were stalling after awhile. I'm using a k800 with a globalsat BT-388. Now i've been using TB for >2h without any trouble. Actually i'm writing this using opera mobile with TB running in the background.

Way to go! Thanks for this killerapp!

/Johan
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've overlooked how devices report supported snapshot format. Eg. Nokia and Siemens only report encoding itself, SE also supported dimensions. I think I'll split Capture Format to
Snapshot Encoding (jpeg, bmp, ... whatever the device support), and
Snapshot Size.

EDIT: I'll fix this soon, hopefully tomorrow, as well as the other known issues.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yearling wrote:
In Settings >> Location >> GPX option isn't possible to uncheck "log only valid" - I unchecked it and save configuration, but when I open configuration again, "log only valid" is still checked. What does it mean this item - if I check it, so tracklog GPX is in pure form (without waypoints,...)?

I'll check it. Meaning: only trkpt with valid lat/lon are saved. Without this option, TB saves a trkpt when period elapses (dt) even if it does not have fix at the time.
Incomplete list of CMS vars is here:
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296
x2fer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMS Bugs

I Have this CMS layout, with new variables.

If in the directory "ui-profiles" add the files "font.36px.png" and "font.72px.png", the characters defined for " <font name="36px" file="font.dig_36px.png"/> " they use the information of "font.36px.png".

This only has happened to me once .... On having changed from night mode CMS to day mode CMS, the variable {spd.d} has been painted with the color defined to night mode CMS. From this moment, it was always painted with this colour.... Shocked

x2fer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened again to me, but with the night color in day mode. Only for {spd.d} variable whith "<font name="36px" file="font.dig_36px.png"/>".

I think that the variable {sat} is not updated well .... it remains to "0" with the fixed position, during a lot of time.

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonts are cached by name and shared among profiles; so, if you have
<font name="my.font" file="abc.png"/> in one profile, and
<font name="my.font" file="xyz.png"/> in another, only one bitmap font will be used in both profiles (depends on which profile is used first).

Yes it is a bug, {sat} gets updated only when switching screens. Will be fixed (today? ... I hope).
x2fer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have a font name in "cms.simple.xml" that I do not use, with diferent .png file.

Can this be also the cause of the change of the colors?. Until this evening or tomorrow I cannot test it.

x2fer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bug...

To the variables {spd-avg} and {spd-avg-auto} are applied a 4/5 rounding-up , now the entire value is needed, to be able to use the variables {spd.d-avg} and {spd.d-avg-auto}

Average speed ---> {spd-avg} . {spd.d-avg}

Now, this happens:

26.9 ---> 27 . 9
26.8 ---> 27 . 8
26.7 ---> 27 . 7
26.6 ---> 27 . 6
26.5 ---> 27 . 5
26.4 ---> 26 . 4
26.3 ---> 26 . 3
26.2 ---> 26 . 2
26.1 ---> 26 . 1
26.0 ---> 26 . 0

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fer wrote:
Ok, I have a font name in "cms.simple.xml" that I do not use, with diferent .png file.

- cms.simple.xml is loaded first if found; if not, random is used
- font is loaded even if it is not used Sad
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fer wrote:
Another bug...

Damn... I did not realized this. I'll remove the rounding (which is new in 0.9.65).

There's another problem with speeds in current version - if imperial or nautical unit system is selected, they already are printed with one decimal place precision. I will unify it with metric unit system presentation - no decimals, just integer, not rounded. But it might be good to have rounded integers... or not?
Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about desktop setting to use fractions in units (or not), like for coords ?
I think other setting is missing - to control vibration (on/off).
And if all sounds can be controlled with existing setting, it can be ... Cool
x2fer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's another problem with speeds in current version - if imperial or nautical unit system is selected, they already are printed with one decimal place precision. I will unify it with metric unit system presentation - no decimals, just integer, not rounded. But it might be good to have rounded integers... or not?

Quote:
What about desktop setting to use fractions in units (or not), like for coords ?

Rounded variable units might be another option in settings. With this, TB might support indications with or without decimal values, with real information. And it would support the option to be able to put the decimal values with another font in CMS.

Perhaps it is easier to have new variables that indicate the complete value, without rounding.

{spd} ---> speed (rounded)
{spd.i} ---> speed (integer, no rounded)
{spd.d} ---> speed (decimal)

To have so many possibilities will be able to complicate the handling of TrekBuddy, but I like. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: