• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yearling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem like MCG1975 from version 1.1.0 on Nokia C3-01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: out of memory exceptions Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,
I tried TB 1.1.1 with my nokia 3720c and it gives a "out of memory exception" when I try to load any map.
on my nokia 3109c it shows the map but gives an "out of memory exception" when i try the zoom-function with the 5-key.

Version 1.0.23 works fine on both models.

Keep up your exellent work

eric
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to reproduce the GPX issue on 6303i.

In general, S40 have less than "enough" of memory, in 1.1.x there is more HECL-related code etc, but I also have "standard-lite" version that is just not published, so I will check the difference in memory consumption and provide this lite version too.

@Russell23 What OS version do you have in the Curve?
Russell23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@Russell23 What OS version do you have in the Curve?

Hi Kruch

I have two BB Curves:

The non working 8310 Curve has V4.5.0.187.

The working 8310 Curve has V4.5.0.55 and runs TB v1.1.1 OK.

I updated the OS on the non worker to see if that fixed the problem. I have no idea what the OS was prior to updating. The non worker's GPS is working as it will get a GPS fix (no SIM card so cannot use Googlemaps etc).

Thanks

R
tkroeger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCG1975 wrote:
First, like many others, this is a great little piece of software, I can go caching with my otherwise useless Nokia 6303i Classic and external GPS and it works fine!

Well, that is with one small niggle that hasn't been fixed by upgrading to 1.1.1. If I open a GPX file and load a waypoint, then go back to open the GPX file again (or another GPX) then most of the time the phone goes blank and re-starts. .

Crying or Very sad same Problen with my Nokia 6303i Crying or Very sad
dragonsoul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Treckbuddy on Android 4.0.4 Xperia Arc S Reply with quote

Hello Kruch
I used you Trekbuddy since I haved SE K750i java version. Now I updated my phone and used you android version.
I found 2 problems with this version.
Sometimes if the map should be displayed then the black screen appear. If I close app and try to open, then the black screen is there. I must kill application (Switch off/on mobile) I use 2G atlas with 60 tar files
If I switch to compass, then I have two arrows in compass. One is not moving and second is moving. It's look that the arrow which appear by switch screen is not cleared by redraw.
If I choice the file which is not map the message Invalid file format appear. If I try to correct, then the black screen is all the time.

I'm looking forward for you very great job.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo! This is probably the best GPS tracking software!!
I have a LG GT505 Pathfinder with internal GPS module.
I updated from TB 1.0.20 to 1.1.1 and I added the following lines to the file Trekbuddy.jad:

MIDlet-Display-Nav-Keypad: no
LGE-MIDlet-TargetLCD-Height: 400
LGE-MIDlet-TargetLCD-Width: 240

in order to fill the touch-screen.
I have this problem. using TB from a fresh install -> no problem
after a long period of time (cannot quantify but could be some hours) TB is no longer able to get a fix. Seems like it cannot access/communicate with the GPS. Tried a GPS test from the phone diagnostic menu and I could get a fix; then TB got a fix as well. But again after some hours TB is no longer able to "wake up" the GPS module ...

Any suggestion? Many thanks

Riki
PKB2008

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Tracklog problem on HTC Sensation Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

It's really great application. It works fine on my phone, but it looks, that there is some problem with gpx tracklog. It makes some mistakes - see red underlined values in my picture and how it looks as a track on a map.

NMEA log works fine as I checked today. It looks like some Trekbuddy bug

TrekBuddy tracklog1.jpg
 Description:
GPX tracklog view
 Filesize:  140.93 KB
 Viewed:  16886 Time(s)

TrekBuddy tracklog1.jpg

duartemelim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: background light controls Reply with quote

background light controls...
Hi Kruch, and other users... i have a "problem" with light control (nokia C7 symbian ^3..)

backlight light have two modes: On and Off -
(Map Mode - short touch on bottom item to highlight or to switch off, or key "3")

If Off, the screen is on about 24% of light but will switch off after some seconds, and screensaver will be in action later...
(it´s 25% but i will use here 24% to better explain something... )

If On, light is alway on, and we can touch "long touch" and screen will increase background light to for example 25%, 50, 75, and 100%, then return to first mode 25% of light, more or less... the screen saver in this mode it´s blocked... and the screen light is always on, and also the image at bottom...

well, i think we have here a bug...
... I think it´s not working well, or it´s my phone... ?
... after 100% light, with long touch, it returns to 24%, which is almost equal to light OFF mode,... cause the screen saver it´s or will be active, and the screen light it´s the same, and it turns off the image light at bottom... BUT this mode it´s different of the normal switch off screen, because If it is active, we can´t turn on light with a small touch, like we normally do... and we have to long touch again, to image light at bottom to be highlighted... and just then, if we want to switch off screen, we can short touch...
(we have 5 modes here, inside the backlight On - 24*, 25, 50, 75, 100...)

So, if it is working like this my suggestion is that the backlight only have 4 modes (25%, 50, 75, 100%) instead of 5 like it´s appening... the screensaver it´s blocked on all, and with a small touch, we turn on or off, light continuous screen/ light image at bottom/ and screensaver...

...this is what is appening on my phone,
and I don´t know if it´s a bug, or if it works different on another phones...

thanks ;o)

kiwibibo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Settings -> Location -> Error Reply with quote

Hi, i have installed ver. 1.1.1 over older instalation of TB and now, when I want to open Settings/Location it shows me error:
Code:
Show menu error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Location Timings = 1,-1,-1

Thanks for help.

2012.09.14-21.00.20.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.81 KB
 Viewed:  15562 Time(s)

2012.09.14-21.00.20.jpeg

fecodat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: GT-B2710 damaged button Reply with quote

Hi Kruch!

I have a GT-B2710 phone and your perfect program running it on without any problem.
Unfortunately my "9" button vent vrong. In this case the access of zooming function very difficult.
I tried to reconfigure to "7" by "keymap.txt" but no any effect. (55=57)
In my understanding the remapping working only with unknown buttons. The replacement of a busy button impossible. Is my observation correct?
Do you propose any solution?

Thank you!
shen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can also remap working buttons, which I do with my BlackBerry.
So I suspect you are using wrong codes.

Stefan

fecodat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shen:
Thank you for your answer!
I used a program what proposed at the F.A.Q. to get keycodes.
My phone keycodes are standard. It means "9"=57, 7="55"
I tried a lot of variation but not working. Im also tried the call button code (-10) because that button not cofigured originally, but not given any effect.
Do you have any proposal?
fecodat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: solved!!! Reply with quote

I'm investigated the possible problems and found the root cause.
The character map of the text editor was problematic. (maybe the special hungarian character codes)
Now working perfectly. I remapped the "9" to "answer" button and i got back the zoom.

Thank you!
deltiri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Nokia lumia 610 Reply with quote

Hola se puede instalar trekbuddy en este teléfono con winndows phone 7.5.
Los ultimos telefonos los compre despues de comprobar que se podia instalar pero ahora no lo hice y creo que tengo un problema.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Versions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: