• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: PlayBook OS2 Reply with quote

I sideloaded TrekBuddy while I was on OS1 and not surprisingly it did not work. Today OS2 was released and TrekBuddy worked straightaway. I copied maps and settings from my BB phone and was up an running quickly.

Very nice to use but a little buggy still, mainly when loading maps and atlases.

Very pleased so far but will report back soon.

Russell
x2fer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N500 updated to Symbian Belle = Internal GPS don´t work ... http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6511&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: "Loading..." message disappears Reply with quote

When loading a GPX file in previous versions, the message "Loading..." was appearing for all the time of the loading process. Now (maybe from the version 1.0.22) the "Loading..." message disappears after a few seconds and the content of the wpts directory is showed again. Now a period of some 30 seconds (depending on the size of opening file) begins, when the user is really confused - he doesn't now, if the app freezed or crashed or what's happened. Finally, the loading finishes correctly, but after a time of uncertainty.
Would it be possible to show the "Loading..." message again for all the time until the GPX is really completely opened?

This occurs on Vodafone 845 + Android 2.1.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2guest thanks for reporting it, will be fixed in the next version
dl42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0.20 on SE C510 already showed the 30s delay. Glad to hear that it soon might be fixed. Thanks in advance Smile
bigtsr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1022 up and running as it should
on Nokia C3-00 no major problems.
One question I have is how to actuate
camera from within TB-anybody help
on that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1.0.23 Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"][color=indigo]Changelog[/color]
[list]- fixed tared maps loading (yes, again :( this time for S40)
- fixed lazy GPX loading
- fixed exception during filesystem browsing (Android)
- fixed application restart on Android
- version for Playbook available ([color=darkred]bar[/color])[/list]
[b][url=http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/1.0.23/index.html]1.0.23 download page[/url][/b]

[size=9][i][url=http://www.trekbuddy.net/wiki/index.php/Requirements]Requirements[/url] [url=http://www.trekbuddy.net/wiki/index.php/Installation]Installation[/url] [url=http://www.trekbuddy.netwiki//index.php/Configuration]Configuration[/url] [url=http://www.trekbuddy.net/wiki/index.php/Customization]Customization[/url] [url=http://www.trekbuddy.net/wiki/index.php/Localization]Localization[/url][/i][/size][/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Zoom function behavior Reply with quote

[quote="Turbohonk"][quote]or install hack that will allow you to install unsigned Applications[/quote]

Thanks, but i get a Nokia Developer Account and did let it sign.
My Telco just gave the offer to rent my Mobile, if i would hack it warranty where away and in case that something goes wrong or a have a warranty Case i get killed ;o)

So i use the calm way, as Nokia want it to be, as i assume.

So the Service File is installed, but did not changed that much of that Problems / Bugs that i describe before……

Oh, and i forget to say, the Zoom Function is kind of wired, when i click the - Button it get´s a Folder up (it just shows me the Folder) and with the + Button i can choose (on the Folder) with Zoom Level i want. I don´t know how it normally works, but as i assume, it should go just a Level up or down and not show me the Folders, right? (it sound surely offensive but ins´t meant that way, just as a Question)

Bad thingy

Best wishes from Germany[/quote]

Regarding the zoom behavior question, I have the same thing. Is there something wrong in my maps or is it the normal behavior of Trakbuddy?

[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Map zooming Reply with quote

On Samsung Avila I can't zoom quickly between layers in atlas. It was possible in previous versions with one key, now I have to select layer and then a map.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the right place to write about it - on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 2.3.6) I'm not able to permanently change the setting about saving the track. It is set to "never" and even if I change it to "Ask" or "Always", it is set to what I want but only until I turn the application off. After I turn TrekBuddy on again, it is set back to "Never". And it is so at leas for the last 3 versions (I have this phone about 2 months now). In the same time this option works well in the Java version (on LG GT500).

PS. Great work, I've been using this application for quite a while (not too intensively, but tested some versions).
billy06

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change the track setting then ok then menu then save
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, TB is a j2me application "ported" to Android, so it does not quite conform to usual behaviour of Android apps yet... you need to explicitly Save configuration changes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="billy06"]change the track setting then ok then menu then save[/quote]
OK. That's it. Thaks for help :-)
phethuk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: PlayBook OS2 Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I sideloaded TrekBuddy while I was on OS1 and not surprisingly it did not work. Today OS2 was released and TrekBuddy worked straightaway. I copied maps and settings from my BB phone and was up an running quickly.

Very nice to use but a little buggy still, mainly when loading maps and atlases.

Very pleased so far but will report back soon.

Russell

I have also succeeded in running TB on the Playbook and most things are working fine, but how do I centre the map on my current location? On my BB Torch, I just press the trackbutton, but the Playbook has no equivalent. Maybe it's just me being dense Confused

Thanks,

Paul
haddock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap inside crosshair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Versions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: