• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2fer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bugs?... I´m no sure

Thanks.

Nibbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Nibbler wrote:
Map sent by PM.

This build supports Lambert I-IV, so if you feel like testing... Wink
I could not find how Lambert II extended is identified in Ozi - do you happen to have any IIe map?

You're the best kruch ! Of course I feel like testing !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seems good really good ! Smile I'm currently uploading bigger maps in my phone and I'll check them tomorrow with the GPS Cool

I think that the map I've sent you is a Lambert IIe but calibrated by Ozi as Lambert II. I don't think that Ozi supports Lambert IIe maps... But as for my understanding, the only difference between II and IIe is the fact that there is some shifting on the coordinate Y0 which is 200000 meters for Lambert II and 2200000 meters for Lambert IIe.

But this should only be useful if you want to display or read the Lambert maps using the "Lambert Grid" to always have positive coordinates. Choosing just Lambert II in Ozi for the maps that I'm using and displaying the coordinates using lat/lon seems to be accurate for displaying the GPS position for maps that are supposed to be Lambert IIe.

As far I can tell, for me it's just perfect as I don't need the Lambert grid coordinates but only the Lambert projection Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Nibbler.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@x2fer

1> Pictures can be linked into GPX, but not NMEA log, therefore the Capture options are hidden when NMEA format is selected

2+3> I'll have a look at it.

4> 9 is for changing maps within layer. If you are in tracking mode, and current position does not fit in to the map you just selected, TB may load matching map automatically on next fix, if that is what you complain about... I need to check it out, don't know for sure Wink
djancoekz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Blackberry 8300 problem Reply with quote

Im using blackberry Curve (8300), F/W v4.2.2.173 (platform 2.4.0.76). The application always freeze when start, can't press any button, had to remove the battery. here is the picture attached

IMGP0764.jpg
 Description:
Curve freeze when open trekbuddy
 Filesize:  12.73 KB
 Viewed:  17170 Time(s)

IMGP0764.jpg

Nibbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

I've tested the Lambert this morning with my GPS and its OK ! Cool Cool Cool Cool
Thank you very much for this feature that all the french people will enjoy !

Cheers,
Nibbler.
Nibbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

Just my two cents about the "Orange Ball" freeze and maybe a workaround Idea

Unfortunately, as often when playing with TB, I had to face the big bad (in)famous "Orange Ball" Razz As far as I can understand the issue of the "orange ball" I always have the same behavior :

- TB is working while after a while the green provider ball goes to orange (for some reason the communication between TB and the GPS was lost)

- Previously TB was freezing if you tried to stop the provider while orange

- Till the last few releases you can force the provider to stop (red ball) without freezing ... but then when you'll try to restart it, the provider ball will go to blue and won't re-connect the GPS.

- Yet if you exit the TB midlet and then re-start it you will have the green ball. So it seems that when you try to stop and restart the provider there is still something that will prevent to reconnect correctly the GPS after an Orange Ball.

Yet this morning, after the orange ball, I stopped the provider and then instead of re-starting it, I tried to rescan the GPS devices using "Start" instead of "Start MyGPS". TB found again my GPS and when connecting I've got the green ball ! Very Happy Very Happy Cool

So what do you think about an auto-re-connect workaround :

- always checking if you're still receiving NMEA data
- after a timeout, if the connexion is lost, you stop the provider and then rescan for the bluetooth devices and re-select automatically the one that have the same name or ID as the current selected device then restart it.

This will still take a few seconds to reconnect, but it would be transparent for the end user and I suppose that this will be a big step forward for all the people that experience bluetooth issues Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Nibbler.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well orange ball does not mean connection was/is lost, but only that there is no fix. You can see time is updated - TB displays GPS time (+ timezone offset) that comes in NMEA data.

Also it appears that it takes a while before BT is ready again to open a connection after previous was closed.

I plan to experiment with low-level bluetooth communication tonight, which is said to be more reliable (and a bit faster) than stream-based.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Blackberry 8300 problem Reply with quote

djancoekz wrote:
Im using blackberry Curve (8300), F/W v4.2.2.173 (platform 2.4.0.76). The application always freeze when start, can't press any button, had to remove the battery. here is the picture attached

Can you try to setup file read permission for TrekBuddy so that you are not prompted to confirm file access upon start?

I'll download 8300 emulator and try to run TB in it.
Nibbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Well orange ball does not mean connection was/is lost, but only that there is no fix. You can see time is updated - TB displays GPS time (+ timezone offset) that comes in NMEA data.

Also it appears that it takes a while before BT is ready again to open a connection after previous was closed.

I plan to experiment with low-level bluetooth communication tonight, which is said to be more reliable (and a bit faster) than stream-based.

Very good news kruch !!! Very Happy you're tireless ! Very Happy Very Happy

I know that usually the orange ball means that there is no fix ...

But the Orange ball that I'm talking about is the one that is consecutive of some flawed communication / firmware / hardware and that will not update the time ! It will just cut the NMEA log randomly in the middle of a line and then you can't reconnect even if you wait a while ...

... except if you use the re-scaning of the devices.

It seems that re-scanning the devices will flush/free the bluetooth connection and then you can connect the GPS again !

So could you please consider the workaround I exposed above.
Because if the hardware or firmware is faulty, low level bluetooth probably won't solve the issue Sad

Cheers,
Nibbler.
Nibbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

Just a little more precision : I've got the orange ball again (and again)...

I waited more than half an hour and it didn't fixed itself and the displayed time was staled at the hour when the orange ball appeared first time.

Then I stopped the provider and tried to restart it => blue ball
=> In Info | ProviderError I've got : javax.bluetoothConnectionException : already have a connection on channel 1.

I retried several times to stop / restart myGPS
=> always blue ball and same ProviderError

Then I stopped the provider again and start a scan of the devices.
=> TB found MyGPS and then it connected ok => green ball

So on faulty phones like mine, sometimes after orange ball, the bluetooth channel 1 get staled.
But when scanning for devices the channel is flushed ... and TB can use it again. Very Happy

So either you can re-scan for devices after orange ball if you doesn't receive no more NMEA data ... either you can find a smarter way to flush the bluetooth channel 1 Very Happy

I hope this helps Wink

Cheers,
Nibbler.
djancoekz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Curve/8300 problem Reply with quote

After hang and try to force shutdown, there is shown error message like this "Uncaught exception. Application trekbuddy_bb_v42(129) is not respondinf, process terminated".
Any clue?
x2fer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1> Pictures can be linked into GPX, but not NMEA log, therefore the Capture options are hidden when NMEA format is selected

OK, but... when NMEA format is selected it is possible to store waypoints (Current position) and take snapshot.

Quote:
2+3> I'll have a look at it.

Is it possible to have simultaneously maps calibrated with different "Datum"?

About the SMS.... I have been speaking with my operator "Orange Spain", and they only say that ... "the SMS can be in tail for 7 days". Sad

Can the SMS that has been sended, be kept in the list of "Sent messages" of the phone?

Quote:
4> 9 is for changing maps within layer. If you are in tracking mode, and current position does not fit in to the map you just selected, TB may load matching map automatically on next fix, if that is what you complain about... I need to check it out, don't know for sure Wink

I have restructured my maps, and now it works fine, excellent. Very Happy
This function is not valid for my maps created from GoogleMaps. Rolling Eyes

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nibbler Cool info, thanks!

Unfortunately low-level (l2cap) is no go - nokia ld-3w, for example, does not support it.

So, some trick to "clean" bt state is needed. What troubles me is the "orange ball stall" - I have a watcher which should signal "stalled" state when no data are received in the last 15 secs, and as a result, 2nd OSD line should get cleared - ie. no time shown.... Shocked
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fer wrote:
OK, but... when NMEA format is selected it is possible to store waypoints (Current position) and take snapshot.

Embarassed You caught me naked... you are right Smile I think I'll move Capture settings to Misc submenu.
x2fer wrote:
Is it possible to have simultaneously maps calibrated with different "Datum"?

I do not understand this usecase...
x2fer wrote:
Can the SMS that has been sended, be kept in the list of "Sent messages" of the phone?

I really doubt it, but will check it.
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
x2fer wrote:

Embarassed You caught me naked... you are right Smile I think I'll move Capture settings to Misc submenu.

@Kruch
Could you make this setting easier for users ?
In Info we have possible "Capture format" values specific for device, could you show them as a list to choose from ?
Or can we have some kind of TB.ini text file for initial settings, to set own defaults?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: