• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1.0.17/1.0.18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a minor issue:
The long press of #1 does not work twice in a row. Every second long press works like a short press only ! (It opens the last GPX file straight away and does not let you choose one etc.) It is a bit unpleasant - if I want to start using another GPX, I must often "longpress" #1 twice (and close the list of unwanted wpts meanwhile).
I observed this deterministic behaviour not only on my HW (listed below) but also on my wife's C702. I hope it is some stupid mistake that could be easily corrected in the following version.

mobile: SAMSUNG SGH D880 Duos (dual SIM)
GPS: Qstarz BT-1200 Bluetooth Solar Travel Recorder (MTK chipset)
Bambleweenie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having backlight issues on a Nokia 5230 (latest firmware, v50), as described in an earlier post (http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6333&highlight=backlight). I note that in that post, kruch suggested trying the TB1.0.18 beta with JRE 2.1 installed on the phone. Will all future iterations of TB be working on the assumption that JRE2.1 is installed on a symbian device?

I don't have the S60 helper service installed. Oddly, I updated from TB 1.0.11, and in that iteration the backlight worked fine, even without the S60 helper. Not sure why the 1.0.18 version seems to have gone backwards in this respect?

I like the new menu options at the bottom of the screen, but the middle icon (up/down arrows) doesn't seem to do anything on the N5230 - I'm not even sure what its meant to do?

Thanks for all your hard work, its much appreciated
Bert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: CameraControl Reply with quote

Thanks kruch for your great work.

The new version works perfect on my Samsung S8000Jet with (what I recognised at the moment) one exception:

Taking a photo for a new waypoint I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
CameraControl: the given resolution is not supported

As default I used 800x480, but I tried other resolutions as well and it doesn't work. Do someone know why?

Best wishes,
Bert
svgt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Backport Version 1.0.1.8 for Android 1.6 Reply with quote

Thanks kruch for your great work.

The new version works perfectly on my HP Compaq AirLife 100. Thanks for the 1.0.1.8 backport version for Android 1.6

Best wishes
Svgt

Last edited by svgt on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
thomast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: lightlevel Reply with quote

on my new phone nokia700 (symbian Belle)
i can chnage the lightlevel with key 3.
on each long press screen becomes darker down to a complete black Screen.

But than there is no way to become the screen on and i must terminate the app.

On my 6720 it was OK, lowest level was maybe 20 percent and it can be switched back to 100.

I dont use symbian service.

Idea ?

Thomas
registration

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a bug report on Android: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6342
trifo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: unresponsiveness on Nokia E52 Reply with quote

Hi!

I had a problem with previous versions, which I hoped to disappear now, but it did not.

The problem is that when I run TrekBuddy for a couple of hours - sometime much less - it becomes more and more unresponsive. I mean that it ofthen follows my position on the map, but I can not do anything in the menu. Even "Exit" does not work. Also when I select "Stop" or "Pause" from the menu, nothing happens. Along with this the phone gets quite hot, like its CPU works wery hard.

The phone runs Symbian 9.3 FP2, with latest firmware.

--Trifo
tenelord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: unresponsiveness on Nokia E52 Reply with quote

trifo wrote:
Hi!

I had a problem with previous versions, which I hoped to disappear now, but it did not.

The problem is that when I run TrekBuddy for a couple of hours - sometime much less - it becomes more and more unresponsive. I mean that it ofthen follows my position on the map, but I can not do anything in the menu. Even "Exit" does not work. Also when I select "Stop" or "Pause" from the menu, nothing happens. Along with this the phone gets quite hot, like its CPU works wery hard.

The phone runs Symbian 9.3 FP2, with latest firmware.

--Trifo

It may be due to your cms. Try emptying cms folder. Or using another cms theme.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar same problem with TB on s60v3. I'm not using CMS at all - I don't think this is related. Functions that can be used through keyboard (locking, light level, screen switching) work, but menu doesn't.

As for CMS - although I have nothing installed, screen "no profiles found" sometimes cannot be displayed (pressing hash on compass screen does nothing, another press shows map back).
paul99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit random this but just incase you didn't already know TB runs perfectly on Cyanogenmod 7.1 (based on Android 2.3.7 - Gingerbread). I upgraded from stock Froyo (2.2) and expected problems but the only change to TB is MUCH MUCH faster gps lock Smile - now takes maybe 6 seconds (and that's indoors too where I only very rarely managed as GPS lock) as oppposed to 30+ secs when using Froyo - really am lost as to why there should be such a difference but I'm just happy TB is still working faultlessly. Thanks again kruch
michaelbr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: status bar Reply with quote

Hi, KRUCH could you please include option "hide status bar" in the settings? The point is: I have samsung galaxy mini (240x320; android 2.2.1). There is status bar on the top of the screen what is cousing that whole grafic is shifted down -> botton is cutted. I have some tips for you: http://www.anddev.org/hide_statusbar-title_on_qvga_-_getting_screen_resolution-t2689.html ; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5431365/how-to-hide-status-bar-in-android ; http://www.vogella.de/blog/2011/02/28/android-hidding-the-status-and-title-bar . I found this option working in app "Stav GPS", option is called "Vynutit UI na celej obrazovke". EDITED: Today i found out this working: Also some other issue: on SE C510 when I started GPS the ball on the top right could be red/blue/yellow/green. The blue color is very usefull-its signaling that connection to the GPS is not established, while yellow color mean that GPS is working, just waiting for position fix. On galaxy mini I did't see yellow ball, just blue - thus I thought that TB can't correctly comunicate with GPS, but it could, it just did not changed caller to yellow Smile. other one: I use CMS digiblue (320x240) by lenek. on Galaxy mini the "SAT" tab do not show the strength of satelites signal. Thank you very mauch in advance. (picture just ilustrate status bar on the top / signal strength which should be showen, but is not)

sat_tab.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9 KB
 Viewed:  15111 Time(s)

sat_tab.png

screen2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.81 KB
 Viewed:  15111 Time(s)

screen2.png

Zilina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably being a bit stupid but...
On my old K800i I used the previous button to hide the menu bar and return to the map screen.
How do I do this on the C903 as it doesn't have this button?
Currently I have to pause and un-pause TrekBuddy to hide the menu bar return to the map view.

Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way is to use on JP8 "draw main menu" option in Settings, Misc.
starman316

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this version working fine on Samsung Galaxy 7inch TABLET Smile using for geocaching perposes, as usual Kruch thanks for your hard work Smile
IBlue 737GPS
OS Maps, Sat Maps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Versions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: