• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a keymap installed? If not, try ALT-7 and ALT-9.

Stefan

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there users that would like easyzoomto work for maps in a layer, because of their atlases structure, right? It could be controlled via settings option (default=layers), ok for everyone?

Some favors 7 as zoom-, 9 zoom+ -- I personaly do not care, what others think? To me, volume+ key is farther than volume+, and 7 is farther then 9 (for a righthanded guy), so it is kind of similar. But,again, it is your call. Or vote Wink

@Ranger Yes, when no suitable map, no layer change, let user select map from the 'new' layer, that did not change. I'm not sure what to do in such situation. Maybe do nothing, and vibrate/beep/show warning to warn user that layer change could not happen? And on next short press, try layer+2/-2.

@michaelboruta wpt deletion fix is planned for 1.0.10

@michal7 But now volume+ = zoom+, or not??

If I missed to respond to anything/anybody, bump.
Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kruch
Previous behaviour for showing map list in layer was good for selecting layer from list.
For "easy zoom" next map should be found. I think - app should search for next layer containing map for current position if present, if not - last shown layer should be displayed, no other action is needed.
Such solution is needed, cause "zooming" just stops if no map in next layer.
I checked volume keys usage - works for both (zoom/sound) on map screen (SE) Sad
haddock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0.9 is a very good version. On my E61 I noticed a new – undocumented – "turbo" when scrolling and panning maps. Nice! I also like zoom and changed toggling function of "0" key. Thank you, kruch!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]So there users that would like easyzoomto work for maps in a layer, because of their atlases structure, right? It could be controlled via settings option (default=layers), ok for everyone? [/quote]
That would be the best solution in my opinion.

Thanks for the great app
electronic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
So there users that would like easyzoomto work for maps in a layer, because of their atlases structure, right? It could be controlled via settings option (default=layers), ok for everyone?

That would be perfect, I agree

thanks again
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:
if not - last shown layer should be displayed, no other action is needed.

No problem, very easy for me to implement.
Ranger wrote:
I checked volume keys usage - works for both (zoom/sound) on map screen (SE) Sad

Damn it. I will remove volume keys handling.
shen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use layers because I can control the selection of maps and layers with key 7, which is very comfortable to me.

so if I press 7, i.e. I can select one of

Google 12
Google 13
Google 14
Google 15
Google 16
GEarth 12
GEarth 13
GEarth 14
GEarth 15
GEarth 16
OSM 12
OSM 13
OSM 14
OSM 15
OSM 16

and now with short press of 7/9 I also can switch fast between them which also means zooming quickly if I stay in the same map. As long as this behaviour is preserved, I can live with everything Smile

Stefan

michal7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch: But now volume+ = zoom+, or not??

With W910 volume+ = zoom- (upper volume key). It is able to get used to it.
Volume keys work for both map zoom and sound, but in most cases it is no problem; otherwise use 7/9. Volume keys handling could be also optional, it is very useful.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michal7 wrote:
With W910 volume+ = zoom- (upper volume key).

Jezisi ... K800, C510 - upper volume key is really zoom+ ... thank you,SonyEricsson Confused
Celda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is fairly late at night, however I must have tried this "crucial" version on my Samsung SGH D880 before going to bed:

It seems to work "no worse" Smile than previous versions Smile The modified function of 0 is great and much more legible than it used to be before.

kruch wrote:

If you are going to add this switch, please add the third option "easy zoom off" (= short press of 7/9 does the same as its long press = standard behaviour in the versions up until now). The reason is that in case your atlas is not "easy-zoom-ready" the feature is just annoying. Another reason might be that on some phones long presses can be for the SW difficult to recognize.

kruch wrote:

@Ranger Yes, when no suitable map, no layer change, let user select map from the 'new' layer, that did not change. I'm not sure what to do in such situation. Maybe do nothing, and vibrate/beep/show warning to warn user that layer change could not happen? And on next short press, try layer+2/-2.

I think you are trying to complicate it more than necessary Shocked Laughing The short press of 7/9 could open "the nearest next" layer in which your position is covered by a map. If some layers are/are not being skipped is not decisive. (e.g. In my atlases not all the layers have the same coverage - the most detailed map is just for cities etc.) Only in case there is no next layer to be displayed, a feedback (vibrate/beep/show warning) could take place.

mobile: SAMSUNG SGH D880 Duos (dual SIM)
GPS: Qstarz BT-1200 Bluetooth Solar Travel Recorder (MTK chipset)
michaelboruta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if there could be some menu option to open the map on the last position. I have a large atlas and when I am choosing a default map, I dont have a clue which one to pick, so I just make a random selection. Whenever I open the TB again, the position without my gps turned on is set again to the default map. Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
I noticed for old but still good SE K750i:
-short and also long 3 switches Backlight on/off (I belive long switches it only before -ver. 9.98 wich was nice)
-easyzoom also doesn't work to me, but probably because I use the same way of map cration as 'electronic' and another 'guest' here.
-while GPS (external unit as K750i doesn't have it built in:)) is powered off and I press "Start GS-R238" (in my case) than sound of the connection ( announcing that satellite/bluetooth connection is estabilished) is issued every 10 seconds. This was not a case for 9.98 and I treated this sound as a warrning- GPS active/non active;Bluetooth connection Active/Non active - which was nice.

and:
several months ago I asked about an easier way of switching between Bluetooth and Simulator modes.
[url]http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5157[/url]
Could this be done by long 3 (while short is becklight control)? (just an example)
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should also switch long and short key 1 press, since short presses are used for quick access, and long for selection lists etc.
shen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general I think here a are lot of smartphone users with a bunch of unused keys ... if they have a full keyboard. I know, it's far not (for) everyone, but if they had a chance to use the full keyboard (i.e. I and O to zoom in and out) it would make their live much easier and they don't have to filddle around with short and long presses.
This surely may be a lot of work to implement, but perhaps it may be an idea to deal with this in the keymap, if the user can address short and long presses there. So you could preserve the actual behaviour, but users have the ability to use all their unused keys.

I really think this is something to think about ...

Stefan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: