• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best version for Nokia 5230, 5800? Mine keep crashing.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Best version for Nokia 5230, 5800? Mine keep crashing. Reply with quote

I installed TrekBuddy 0.99 onto my Nokia 5230? It works fine but it always crash the phone after a few hours use. Is there a memory leak or something?

Other users of the Nokia 5230 and 5800, do you have the same problem? What version are you using?

thanks
Cactus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 0.9.99 on a 5230. I may have noticed the odd crash, but I've been messing around with other things that might have caused it. I'll try a serious test the next time I get the opportunity.

Thanks for the heads up!

robike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Galerie-Problem Reply with quote

When you copy the map-files to your Nokia you should change the file-properties of the map-tiles to hidden.
Otherwise the nokia galerie is putting all map tiles to the galerie preview which is then slowing down the complete phone extremely.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Galerie-Problem Reply with quote

I am only a newbie and have no idea about the map feature. I am just using what ever TB comes with. Are the map files important? How do I find the maps and install it?

thanks

robike wrote:
When you copy the map-files to your Nokia you should change the file-properties of the map-tiles to hidden.
Otherwise the nokia galerie is putting all map tiles to the galerie preview which is then slowing down the complete phone extremely.
Cactus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I installed TrekBuddy 0.99 onto my Nokia 5230? It works fine but it always crash the phone after a few hours use. Is there a memory leak or something?
I've got TB 0.9.99 on a Nokia 5230 with TB S60 helper (have you installed the helper?). I've had it running and track logging for 8.25 hours recently (till the battery ran out Rolling Eyes ).

Quote:
I haven't set anything in the gallery (never been there till now). All I can see in there are some of the CMS files (e.g. fonts). Does this mean the map files have been hidden automatically? The speed of reading maps is fine - just the same as my W800i, even though the atlas is now 9.5 GB, 693 files, 353 folders with some individual maps exceeding 136MB (using tar and tmi).

Quote:
I am only a newbie and have no idea about the map feature. I am just using what ever TB comes with. Are the map files important? How do I find the maps and install it?
TB comes with just a small world view map. If you want to see where you are in any detail you need to create and install relevant maps. There's an introduction in the Wiki here: http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Using

A good tool for creating maps can be found here http://trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3755

billy06

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are using tared maps the tiles are in a compressed file so will not show in gallery , if not you need to set the set folder to hidden to prevent them being shown
Cactus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy06 wrote:
if you are using tared maps the tiles are in a compressed file so will not show in gallery , if not you need to set the set folder to hidden to prevent them being shown
Of course tared won't show up. Why didn't I realise that? D'oh! Thanks Smile
16stonepig

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I have just made a new post. I have the same issue - feels like a memory leak.

I am only using TARed maps, so the gallery thing is not an issue. Unless it is CMS related?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16stonepig wrote:
I have the same issue - feels like a memory leak.

I am only using TARed maps, so the gallery thing is not an issue. Unless it is CMS related?

Good point! Could you try to verify this hypothesis?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have Nokia 5800 with S60 5th.

I experienced similiar problems to yours, not yet solved. I noticed that sometimes the app keeps blocked (it remains freezed) atfer lock the device using the slider button on the rigth.

I tried several version of TB, including the LITE one. I didn't manage to install the TB Service, since it seems to be compatible with version 3rd.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="guest"]Hello all,

I experienced similiar problems to yours, not yet solved. I noticed that sometimes the app keeps blocked (it remains freezed) atfer lock the device using the slider button on the rigth.

I tried several version of TB, including the LITE one. I didn't manage to install the TB Service, since it seems to be compatible with version 3rd.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.[/quote]

Forgot to say that I use tared maps. Preview gallery was a good explanation to the symptoms ... :(
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using any CMS profile?
thomast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Hello all,

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

i have the same Problem with my 6720c.

it freezez after about 4hours. That is OK for me,i dont bike such long times.

With "Nokia Energy Profiler" i can see, that after about this 4 hours the complete memory is used. Termination of TB is than not possible.
Sometimes the Phone rebootes than.
The only chance is to open "Profiles" and select "remove memory cards", that kills any app.

I have exact the same Problem with "GPS Tracklive", also a java App.

And the problem occurs only with the internal GPS, with BT no Problem.
So i think its not an CMS Problem, maybe a Problem with the Api of the Nokia java.

Thomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thomast"i have the same Problem with my 6720c.[/quote]

I'm gonna test with 6720c. Indeed there may be a leak in Nokia implmentation (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?168578-Memory-leak-in-location-API)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"]
Are you using any CMS profile?
[/quote]

In my case yes, I do use a CMS designed for the Nokia 5800.

In my case I don't think it's a problem with memory. Sometimes it fails soon, sometimes take few hour before stop working.

Just to remark that the blocking happens just after manually lock the device using the mobile phone button.

Not original at all telling you this, but congratulations for your great work.

JL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Devices All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: