• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larkim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerBergschreck wrote:
Updated to this version on Nokia 5230, but the "Keys" 7 and 9 for the Map Layers and Atlases do not work any more Sad

Cannot find editing this in the settings - any hints?

It works fine on my 5230. You have to press about 25% up the screen on the right or left hand side to get the layers and atlases menus to work (I presume you know this already?)

I'm fairly sure I have the standard settings enabled, haven't had to enable this myself.

Matt
5h499y

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: feedback, running on Samsung S7220 Reply with quote

Here are my observations / wishes: Smile

1.) TrekBuddy freezes after selecting Menu -> Back.
To unfreeze the application I have to select again Menu (this option is fortunately not freezed) and then choose whichever option from the expanded list.

2.) Screen backlight can't be switched off to save power.
After a few seconds of inactivity the backlight become dimmed but it never switches off completely.

3.) Pressing key 3 toggles between only two states:
backlight always ON and backlight dimms after a few seconds. There is no possibility to adjust the brightness.

4.) Backlight brightness is changed to 100% after reaching the waypoint.
After reaching every next waypoint in RouteAlong mode the brighness is set to 100% and it stays like that unless I press any key. Then the backlight brightness comes back to the correct value adjusted in the handset options.

5.) TrekBuddy can't use internal GPS receiver in the offline mode.
While the handset is in the offline mode TrekBuddy says:
Code:
javax.microedition.location.LocationException: All providers are out of service
However, it is possible to obtain coordinates from internal GPS while being in the offline mode by using option GPS position from the handset menu. This suggests that GPS receiver is able to work even in the offline mode. The possibility of using TrekBuddy in the offline mode would be great.

6.) Tiles loading is much faster while scrolling the map downwards then while scrolling it in other directions Wink

Greetings

Samsung S7220, sw: S7220CXIF1, internal GPS receiver
lokatri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kruch,

I'm using trekbuddy for a long time, but tried something different now and I think there is a bug:

1) press "1" -> Tracks, load one prerecorded track, Options-> Route Along

2) now press long time "1" to get the list again, Options -> Sort by Distance
and go back (to the map)

3) now press long time "1" again and trekbuddy freezes

I tried this on two Nokia devices, S40 and S60.

What I wanted to achieve with this (strange) sequence could be done with a new menu command in the track list:

I did not follow the route exactly and missed some points, but crossed the route at a later point. I wanted trekbuddy to select the nearest point as the active point.
This results in a new feature request: select nearest point as active

It would also be nice to have some kind of paging through the track list, scrolling through a long list is very time consuming.

Thank you again for this application

lokatri
Šumil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to process your Nokia 6300 (S40) but no freezing of the application error I reported.
5h499y

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lokatri wrote:
It would also be nice to have some kind of paging through the track list, scrolling through a long list is very time consuming.

Jumping by whole page through the lists is already available with joy-button right/left. (at least on Samsung S7220 Wink )

edit:
Ok, now I get it. Embarassed Paging would be useful indeed. Cool
Recently i have created a track containing few hundreds of waypoints and I could only imagine how difficult it would be to scroll through the list of few thousands of waypoints.

Last edited by 5h499y on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
shen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: altitude Reply with quote

pilothaz wrote:
Can someone please help me on this? I am visitng in Calgary, Alberta and was hiking using trekbuddy (instead of just for geocaching Smile )

My altitude was negative. In other GPS machine you don't have to correct it. I know about the spot in location to alter it but I was wondering if there is another solution. Attached is a picture of it thanks.

Edit:
Also with it being negative altitude it seems to be 30m different than an actual GPS I had sitting in the car beside it.

Go to settigs/location and check out "negative alt fix" and "Alt correction".

Stefan

pilothaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: altitude Reply with quote

Thanks,

I don't know why I had selected that neg alt fix, but removed and all seem good. Thanks again.

shen wrote:
pilothaz wrote:
Can someone please help me on this? I am visitng in Calgary, Alberta and was hiking using trekbuddy (instead of just for geocaching Smile )

My altitude was negative. In other GPS machine you don't have to correct it. I know about the spot in location to alter it but I was wondering if there is another solution. Attached is a picture of it thanks.

Edit:
Also with it being negative altitude it seems to be 30m different than an actual GPS I had sitting in the car beside it.

Go to settigs/location and check out "negative alt fix" and "Alt correction".

Stefan

Geocaching.com Profile
billy06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just loaded this version onto n95 , all working well , had to update tbservice to the latest version , i had forgotton had good tb was using hard keys !
zdenov

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: N6230i phone permission Reply with quote

It is impossible to set phone access permissions on 6230i as described in http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Installation#N6230i. Last working version is 0.9.93. Is there any solution?
ManowaR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not working with Palm Treo 500... tried different versions, it's WinCE 6.5

Only have a message Datadir not accesible, but, WHERE it should be, or, as told in the manual menu/basic - there's almost nothing... & it uses some localhost/blabla for navigation... there's no menu entry for normal port/bandwidth...

BTW, worked fine with SE k320i... Smile
zaudo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: N6230i phone permission Reply with quote

[quote="zdenov"]It is impossible to set phone access permissions on 6230i as described in [url]http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Installation#N6230i[/url]. Last working version is 0.9.93. Is there any solution?[/quote]

Hi zdenov,

have at look at this
[url]http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4248&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=[/url]

Regards
Zaudo
Pidou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever I tried I have still a problem under CMS (it was the same with older versions) :
- The distance is wrong, it always increases seconds after seconds, even when I stop
- It seems also that vertical cumulative distance stays always null.

I checked the tags, they are OK ({dist-t}, {asc-t}, {desc-t}) and my internal GPS gives an accurate altitude. {alt-d} works good, as well as {spd} and {spd-max}.
So I think there is a bug in CMS computation feed back.

Please help if you have an answer, I would like to use TB in my trek in "La Réunion" Island in September.

Otherwise, TB is a great program, thanks for it Wink

Config : TB under Samsung Jet S8000
thomast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: I can not set a default maps for TB 0.9.99 Reply with quote

I have created new maps.

so i select menu->load atlas-> select my new atlas
now i select layer and map.

in the past tb ask me: use this map as default ?

but now he dont.

so i delete the old defaultmap setting:
menu->basic->startupmap

from now tb open the default world map, and i have to open the atlas each time i use tb.

Is that a Bug, or do i something wrong ?

Greetings,
Thomas
Zilina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Recently I was using the latest version of TrekBuddy in Slovakia to track my trek through the mountains and so I could also geotag my photos later.

After a few hours I noticed it had stopped tracking my route Sad
The red R was displayed in the top-right corner, but the coloured spot had disappeared and the application was not updating my location or track on the map

I stopped the current tracklog and restarted a new tracklog.

Later I noticed again it had done the same thing.

Unfortunately as it was being so unreliable I gave up using it.

Any ideas?
I’ve been using older versions of TrekBuddy for years without any problems and have been able to record many days worth of continuous tracklog without a hiccup.

I’m using a SEK800i with a SE HGE-100 external GPS receiver.

Many thanks
Zilina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a little testing, I've found that TrekBuddy will only run for about 12 minutes before it stops.

ProviderStatus: stream closed; stalls=1; restarts=1; syncs=0; mismatches=0; checksums=0; errors=0; pings=0; maxavail=0

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: