• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker - moved to github.
Trekbuddy github repository

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Graphical Atlas creator for TrekBuddy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axtheb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add ability to switch some layers to photo maps? I think it wold be usefull addition.
Moller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as the program is written right now. The algorithm of downaloading a specific area is rather different between maps and sattelite images so it will need some rewriting first.

Regards
Moller
turly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Mac OS X problems Reply with quote

I tried to get it working on MacOS X by downloading the Mac version of 7z, renaming the Mac executable to be 7z.exe, and putting it into the same directory as TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_v0.5.jar. TAC proceeded to spew 8 directories on the root of my hard drive (all called GPS\somename). It complained about 7z.exe being missing, so I hand-edited the GPS\settings.ini file to say
PathTo7Zip=7z.exe
And the main window appeared much as it does on a PC.
Console.app had a lot of messages like this:

Sättande av Look and Feel misslyckades på grund av: javax.swing.UnsupportedLookAndFeelException: [The Microsoft Windows Look and Feel - com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel] not supported on this platform
Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
at j.run(Unknown Source)

Nothing appeared in the preview window, but (again on the root of my hard drive), there are 20-30 256x256 pngs, all called \GPS\preview\y190x252.img etc. These pngs look like the correct map tiles to me.

So it seems that correcting the '/' versus '\' problem would at least make things a bit less annoying. The fact that no graphics appear in the preview window, the UnsupportedLookAndFeelException and the division by zero, I don't know about... but I'd be willing to beta-test for you if you wish!
jpaechnatz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: atlas creator Reply with quote

When I enter coordinates, preview times out. Any Ideas how to debug this? I am using the version 0.5 from the sticky post.
How does the program handle negative values or eastern values in my case a square containing the cities of Bad Kreuznach and Mainz (Germany)

Thanks.

cu joh.
canchete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Atlat creator timeout Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem than jpaechnatz, Atlas creator keep waiting in Preview. Maybe Google have changed something?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Atlat creator timeout Reply with quote

canchete wrote:
I'm having the same problem than jpaechnatz, Atlas creator keep waiting in Preview. Maybe Google have changed something?

Hallo, my Atlas creator is waiting "in Preview" too Sad
gerasim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. i have similar problem. AtlasCreator tries to download preview images, than says something about problems with the connection to download server and quits.
i tried it with my firewall turned off - the same story. any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi you all,

I think the problem is the URL change by google, that was discussed in the thread "googlemaps / virtualearth downloader sources" . This should be a rather small change in the software, see the other thread for details.

Moller, I want to encourage you to publish the source and give an open source license to it. It is a bad situation, that the same functionality is rewritten here several times, but every tool lacks of some features or like in this case just stops working because of an environment change.
Don't care about bad code quality - if someone claims about it, he just shouldn't use it or can improve it.

greetings
waldschrat (who is logged in as guest Sad )
jawosis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Would be nice to update the right GoogleMaps source Reply with quote

Hi Moller,

as you are the only one to make changes in your nice application - Please update the link to the right Google Maps source!

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphical Atlas Creator is such a great tool -
I really wish the author could more regularly release updates or
there would be a similiar opensource application
maintained by the community...
cnyaiba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know why i tried it it always says that it can't connect to the network , but actually i did connect to the network. any one can help ? thank you.
turly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Hack to get GAC working again with google Reply with quote

Hey there,

Moller's Graphical Atlas Creator is as far as I'm concerned the easiest-to-use atlas creator for TB, so I was a bit disappointed to see that it no longer works. I disassembled GAC using jad (available at http://www.kpdus.com/jad.html) to see if I could fix it to work with google maps again. I know very little about Java: hence my "fix" is a complete and utter hack. But it works for me... It would, however, be a bit ethically dubious to upload a patched version of GAC - so you'll have to do it yourself. But it's easy once you have a program that can create zip files (hint: 7zip!)

1. Download and unzip the attached sclass.zip file. It contains a file called s.class.

2. Using an unzip program, unzip the TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_v0.5.jar into a folder. Make sure you choose to extract into a folder because there are about 30 files and one META-INF folder in the archive! (Jar files are really just a zipped-up collection of files, but with a Java ARchive .jar extension instead of .zip.)

3. Inside the folder there will be (among others) an s.class file. Replace it with the one you just unzipped from here.

4. Then select everything (the META-INF folder and all the .class files) and zip them all up using a ZIP compressor (not StuffIt, not 7Zip's own funky format, just Zip.)

5. Replace the .zip extension with a .jar extension and It Should Just Work (tm).

Finally, to Moller - I would like to thank you for creating GAC. It really is the dog's bollocks. I hope you can continue to develop it, but I understand completely if you no longer have the time to do so; been in the same position myself. I hope you don't mind my posting this patch and will remove it if you object.

Take it easy, and

Have Fun!

--turly
http://www.finderpop.com
http://www.fnarr.net/twp

sclass.zip
 Description:
Replaces s.class in GAC's jar file

Download
 Filename:  sclass.zip
 Filesize:  363 Bytes
 Downloaded:  99 Time(s)

cnyaiba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can replace the s.class file but after zipping everything and changed name, can't run anymore, can you plz upload the whole replaced .jar file? thank you.
cnyaiba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi turly, i just tried another way and managed it: open the original .jar file with winrar, drag your s.class file into the .jar file and winrar will automatically choose the compress methods and click on "yes", then it just works! thank you all. i just attached it.

TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_v0.5.jar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_v0.5.jar
 Filesize:  33.2 KB
 Downloaded:  248 Time(s)

cnyaiba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wonder if you guys can add some more maps choices, e.g. VE or yahoo maps.

Also, can you add another function to choose url of : ditu.google.com rather just maps.google.com , because the former one is especially for Chinese maps and most detailed maps in ditu.google.com cannot be found in maps.google.com. e.g. if you type "chengdu, china" into both urls, you will get almost nothing in maps.google.com but much greater detailed contents in ditu.google.com. i think this function is easy to do. Moller, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40

Jump to: