• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker - moved to github.
Trekbuddy github repository

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Graphical Atlas creator for TrekBuddy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i have looked at the overlap problem.

I have one question. Is the atlas correctly calibrated? In other words do you get a view of the correct position in Trekbuddy, when you load the atlas?

If the above is true, then everything is as it is supposed to be. The thing is that the atlas creator will never give you an atlas with a smaller area than what the exact cordinates say. The opposit may be true, especially in the larger zoom levels, 8,9 or 10. This is because google have split up the world in tiles which are 256 * 256 pixels big, and the atlas creator always download complete tiles, and then there will be a possibility to get some "bonus" areas in atlas, especially in the bigger zoomlevels. This behaviour is with purpose, and i do not think i will change it, since it is not a real problem rather a the opposit. And i do not know a good way to change it either.

Regards
Moller
luki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it's ok now, I reinstalled jre and atlas creator, and now I have right maps...don't ask me what the hell has happened!
I had maps of Venice (I live in Milan) and a little part of my desired map, before..but now it's ok, i have my area (plus extra maps but it has always been normal)! Thank you, awaiting for 512x512 Very Happy Very Happy
...and thanks for your work!
GPSray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Limit on files in a tared atlas? Reply with quote

Hello,

I used Atlas Creator 0.5 super tool Very Happy to generate a atlas which covers may way to Italy. The result was a nice big map which generated at level 4 more than 17135 tiles. Now I have problem that a flash file system is only able to handle 16383 files in a directory Sad . Ok I generated out of the untar atlas an tared version but now TB stops while loading with ERROR map to large : Error
[3] null:
cz.kruch.track.map
s.InvalidMapExecption: Map too large

Hm what I can do now? Is there any know limit to TB 0.9.57?

Best Regards,

Rainer
Moller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Limit on files in a tared atlas? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hm what I can do now? Is there any know limit to TB 0.9.57?

At the moment i think there is nothing much to do about it, since Atlas creator 0.5 will create large maps if the selected area is big and the zoomlevel generates a lot of tiles. This is a known limitation, and will hopefully be solved in the future.

So at the moment, the solution is, not to create atlases which are that big. Try split the area up in several smaller atlases instead.

I am currently working on a solution to the TAR-problem, but everything is going a bit slowly when you only have your sparetime to code.

Regards
Moller
lostcontrol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried it under Linux but the application exits after showing "unable to create settings.ini" Confused Any chance to look at the source?

Thank you

Moller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, it is probably a problem with the path separators. there is of course a possibility to crate the ini-file manually, but i think that is waste of time at the moment since there are more windows specific issues in the aplication at the moment, on of them is that 7-zip.exe must be present on the computer and i assume that the linuxverison of 7-zip is not called .exe?

My best suggestion is to wait for the next release that will skip 7-zip and have an own tar functionality created in pure java code.

I have no eta of this release, but it will come sometime in the future.

Regards
Moller
lukdub

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Source code... Reply with quote

Hello,
I would like to ask you, if it is possible to get the java source code (as it is for example by GoogleHack2) for this app. I would like to add some features like connection via proxy (for those who are behind a firewall and need the connection via proxy, incl. me personaly Wink ), possibility to create layers and map sheets for the big atlases acording user specs etc.

I respect, it is your work, but if you are a bit "open-minded", you could probably let the others develope this nice and useful app Wink

L.
Moller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Source code... Reply with quote

At the moment i do not think i will have my code open sourced. Perhaps some time in the future. I have had a very limited time to develop this application further the last month but i hope this will change soon, and there will be a new release of this program rather soon.

Btw is there no possibility to use a external progam as a proxy?

Regards
Moller
lukdub

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Source code... Reply with quote

Oki, I respect that Smile And also I hope you'll get more time to spent on this app Wink
Regarding my situation... most of my time with computer I spent at work, but like in every company we have intranet strictly protected by firewall and there is no posibility to get to internet directly, we have to use our proxy server... But this is very simple to implement... Just to let use two additional params: proxy server and proxy server port...

Proxy proxy = new Proxy(Proxy.Type.HTTP, new InetSocketAddress(args[8], Integer.parseInt(args[9])));
HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection)u.openConnection(proxy) ;

Thanx

Luke
Moller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Source code... Reply with quote

Hm, that was not much code for the proxy functionality. I will put a proxy functionality in the to-do list.

Regards
Moller
phatchaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: big thanks Reply with quote

Excellent work, thanks for spending so much time on this. Helped a TrekBuddy noob like me get up and running from scratch within a couple of hours Smile
alchi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Is there a tool for spliting large maps & atlases Reply with quote

Hi, I am using Trekbuddy and Trekbuddy Atlas Generator. I think they are the best gsp tools for j2me. I think trek buddy has a lot potential.

I created an atlas for Istanbul / Turkey. But at some levels of zoom, trekbuddy return "Map too large" error. I have to split these maps into several maps. Is there any tool available for that?

Thank You
oldman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Source code... Reply with quote

lukdub wrote:
Oki, I respect that Smile And also I hope you'll get more time to spent on this app Wink
Regarding my situation... most of my time with computer I spent at work, but like in every company we have intranet strictly protected by firewall and there is no posibility to get to internet directly, we have to use our proxy server... But this is very simple to implement... Just to let use two additional params: proxy server and proxy server port...

Proxy proxy = new Proxy(Proxy.Type.HTTP, new InetSocketAddress(args[8], Integer.parseInt(args[9])));
HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection)u.openConnection(proxy) ;

Thanx

Luke

Well , there are several other possibilities for proxy use in a java program. See this link to set your proxy global : http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000020600.xml

And start the program from the command line:

java -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhostURL
-Dhttp.proxyPort=proxyPortNumber
-Dhttp.proxyUser=someUserName
-Dhttp.proxyPassword=somePassword javaClassToRun

The proxyuser and proxypassword are optional. if you do not need them do not use them.

Regards!
oldman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moller wrote:
Hm, it is probably a problem with the path separators. there is of course a possibility to crate the ini-file manually, but i think that is waste of time at the moment since there are more windows specific issues in the aplication at the moment, on of them is that 7-zip.exe must be present on the computer and i assume that the linuxverison of 7-zip is not called .exe?

My best suggestion is to wait for the next release that will skip 7-zip and have an own tar functionality created in pure java code.

I have no eta of this release, but it will come sometime in the future.

Regards
Moller

Hi !

In Linux you can create an alias for the 7-zip.exe . Probably you are using it as a runtime command with some parameters .If the parameters are specific then wrap it in a shell script. You can create an alias like this:

alias 7-zip.exe='p7zip'

For information on 7-zip version for Linux see:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/p7zip/

Regards!
lukdub

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Source code... Reply with quote

oldman wrote:

Well , there are several other possibilities for proxy use in a java program. See this link to set your proxy global : http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000020600.xml

And start the program from the command line:

java -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhostURL
-Dhttp.proxyPort=proxyPortNumber
-Dhttp.proxyUser=someUserName
-Dhttp.proxyPassword=somePassword javaClassToRun

The proxyuser and proxypassword are optional. if you do not need them do not use them.

Regards!

Thanx a lot, this solved my problem with proxy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 2 of 40

Jump to: