• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Which one is on market, which one is newer?

16.1 is renamed to 16 here on the web , and it is the same as on the market now.
lkhagvaaaa

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Reply with quote

lkhagvaaaa wrote:
How to upgrade old version to 0.9.98. my phone have android 1.6.

This problem is solved. but i can't joy the map on 2, 4, 6, 8.
Divedream

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.98 on MotoTundra Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Divedream wrote:
but if i do not activate backlight the screen go down

Maybe funlight api can be used on Tundra. I'll hack something for you...

Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Smile

I'm waiting for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Matteo
trifo

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: WPTS vs Tracks Reply with quote

Hi Kruch!

Thanks a lot for the new GeoCaching feature, From now on I will never need to waste paper or mess with pocketWord to carry GeoCache descriptions. Great!

For the record, I had a problem with the previous 2 versions: when the software was running over 2 hours with GPS on - I do not know the exact value - it became silly. I was unable to stop the GPS from the menu, also the map movement stopped or the app stoppen responding to keys for long times. I do not know if it is a problem yet, but I will test it on the way home.
The phone is a Nokia E52.

Also I have a feature suggestion: it would be useful if I would be able to display all wpts in a gpx file, as it is possible with routes. The difference should be the lines connecting wpts. Plan of usage: I have a gpx file containing the positions of all geocaches in an area. I would like to put 'em all on the map to browse visually. Maybe using different point icon, like blue ring instead of red.
Another extension for the above is to filter the 20 closest point.

--Trifo
Ranger

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to use ShowAll and points sorting by distance Smile
http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Using#Waypoints_and_navigation
You can also change pois.png as you wish, ie to see cache icons.
http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Customization#Icons
Mantom

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.98 Reply with quote

I tried to run this version on my LG GT500 (jad with absolute jar URL (for LG?), but during installation there is the following message displayed: "Improper descriptor" and the program corrupts. And I have to return to the 0.9.93 version...
When I try to install .jar file the program runs, but all the time I have to confirm the permission to read user data and clicking OK gives nothing...
shen

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shen wrote:
kruch wrote:
@shen do you notice any difference between MEDIUM and HIGH? As I wrote before, I was wrong saying MEDIUM was hardcoded before; in Blackberry version, it always was HIGH, sorry for having mislead you.

Ah, sorry kruch, I missed that. So I'll try HIGH next time and will report back.

Stefan

Good news: HIGH is working as expected; so lower settings do not make sense if accuracy is needed, i.e. for geocaching.
So for BB devices, HIGH should be the default setting ...

Stefan

pilothaz

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shen wrote:
shen wrote:
kruch wrote:
@shen do you notice any difference between MEDIUM and HIGH? As I wrote before, I was wrong saying MEDIUM was hardcoded before; in Blackberry version, it always was HIGH, sorry for having mislead you.

Ah, sorry kruch, I missed that. So I'll try HIGH next time and will report back.

Stefan

Good news: HIGH is working as expected; so lower settings do not make sense if accuracy is needed, i.e. for geocaching.
So for BB devices, HIGH should be the default setting ...

Stefan

Hey Stefan,

Do you have a gauge for the battery on how long it will last?

Geocaching.com Profile
shen

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a fully loaded BB9000 and Backlight only if necessary it will last somewhat 5 to 8 hours using TB.

hth ... Stefan

DerBergschreck

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.98 Reply with quote

Hoped the new version will fix my location problem with Nokia 5230 - but it doesn't :-(

How do I delete the preference settings from my previous version so that I get a "fresh" install from the beginning?

My problem is:
After starting TrekBuddy there is no location with built in GPS - the light in the top right corner is always red.

When i click "start" for tracking, I get a "beep" and the light becomes yellow - but there is no location - after minutes and minutes.

When I press the light Trekbuddy asks if I allow it using the net and sending an receiving data. If I chosse "allow ever" or for this session, i get the following error:

Service not accessible.
java.io.IOException:
SymbianOS error = .34:
System error

Perhaps this has something to do with my problem?

Regards from Germany,

Andreas

EDIT: internal GPS works with google maps and when I quit Trekbuddy, the GPS Icon in the top right corner of Nokia 5230s start screen is always on - so there seems be some communication between Trekbuddy and built-in GPS - but the location still doesn't work :-(
Divedream

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.98 on MotoTundra Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Divedream wrote:
but if i do not activate backlight the screen go down

Maybe funlight api can be used on Tundra. I'll hack something for you...

Hi kruch

Have some news?

matteo
DFist

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: .98 version massive problems on Nokia E52 Reply with quote

Hello Kruch,

I like your TrekBuddy very much and it got better and better. Smile

But with .98 it got worse. I can no longer add waypoints or waypoint files. Existing waypoint files I want to add a point get overwritten. All this happens with a null pointer exception. The waypoint-EDIT menu is gone and even on exit I get null pointer exceptions. This wasn't the case with .97 version. So something terrible wrong must have happend.

The good thing is, that I have trust in you, that you will fix and improve trekbuddy.

Thank you !

If you need information to debug the issue, let me know.
trifo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFist: Well, I do not experience any of your problems on my Nokia E52. What might be the difference?

--Trifo
Myrra

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Problem with TB service when out of GSM signal? Reply with quote

Hi,

Some very minor issues:

I haven't found any info on this, although it might be pretty simple to understand and maybe it's standard behavior. I started TB when out of GSM signal (sub-parking). When I tried to activate backlight via "3" button, I've got an error "Invalid parameter". I suppose it is because of disabled network services, am I right?

From service log, there is little to understand:
[26.05 07:44:28.426750] servant leaving
[26.05 11:09:44.194500] incoming connection
[26.05 11:09:44.479750] backlight set lights to 100 <- first valid try to activate backlight?
[26.05 11:11:30.244375] backlight set lights to 0
[26.05 11:11:30.552875] restore default backlight level and behaviour

Also, since "some time", the message "Backlight level set to NN%" is missing, phone just vibrates and set desired level - is it normal? Any new funkcionality/setting I missed?

Otherwise, keep buddying! Smile

Myrra
larkim

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.98 Reply with quote

DerBergschreck wrote:
Hoped the new version will fix my location problem with Nokia 5230 - but it doesn't Sad

How do I delete the preference settings from my previous version so that I get a "fresh" install from the beginning?

My problem is:
After starting TrekBuddy there is no location with built in GPS - the light in the top right corner is always red.

When i click "start" for tracking, I get a "beep" and the light becomes yellow - but there is no location - after minutes and minutes.

When I press the light Trekbuddy asks if I allow it using the net and sending an receiving data. If I chosse "allow ever" or for this session, i get the following error:

Service not accessible.
java.io.IOException:
SymbianOS error = .34:
System error

Perhaps this has something to do with my problem?

Regards from Germany,

Andreas

EDIT: internal GPS works with google maps and when I quit Trekbuddy, the GPS Icon in the top right corner of Nokia 5230s start screen is always on - so there seems be some communication between Trekbuddy and built-in GPS - but the location still doesn't work Sad

I've got a Nokia 5230 (in the last week) and it works perfectly. However, I don't use the internal GPS, I use a bluetooth adaptor.

What is the 5230 set up to use as the "internal" location provide? (Settings > Phone > Application sett. > Positioning > Positioning methods)? Is it using A-GPS and / or internal GPS? A-GPS (as I understand it) needs a data connection, the "internal" GPS is a "proper" GPS. Perhaps try disabling A-GPS if that is selected?

From testing with OviMaps the external bluetooth adaptor is MUCH more sensitive / accurate than the built in GPS, and for about Euro10 its good value for money too - plus, you can leave the bluetooth adaptor in the rain and keep your nice phone in your pocket!!!

HTH!

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: