• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hermes

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Backlight control on Nokia N85 Reply with quote

Just want to report the following observation:

When comparing with v0.9.94, the v0.9.97 must having the TrekBuddy Service running to control the backlight's lighting level, otherwise a Java Error message will be displayed and the "3" key has no function.

When running the v0.9.94, my N85 can circle through the following light level: No light(off), 10%, 25%, 50% and Full light when press the "3" Key.

Note: Through the N85 says Backlight off, since it is an OLED screen, the screen still emits certain level of backlight for reading the screen.

So on Nokia N85, the v0.9.97 must need to have the service running to control the light, seems is a drawback to me. Crying or Very sad
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight control on Nokia N85 Reply with quote

Hermes wrote:
So on Nokia N85, the v0.9.97 must need to have the service running to control the light, seems is a drawback to me. Crying or Very sad

Midlet could control the light level itself on both S40 and S60, but without the service on S60:

1) it cannot restore default behaviour (ie. typically the screen dims after some time, and later screensaver runs), which the service does now when you backlight is turned "off" with key 3.
There are also subtle differences between S60 3rd versions, eg. on some S60s with previous versions, "backlight off" action turned the screen off for good. Hard to please everbody under such conditions... Wink

2) it cannot prevent the screensaver
Hermes

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight control on Nokia N85 Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"]
Hermes wrote:

Quote:

Midlet could control the light level itself on both S40 and S60, but without the service on S60:

So in this case, which is the last version that internal light control working wthout the TB Svc on S60 3rd Fp2? v0.9.96 or v0.9.95? I will try to stay in that version for awhile. In other word that part of functions has not been change since v0.9.94

I am not a very heavy user of TB, I can wait for next major TB update that has all the things sort out, but in the near future, if I using TB sometime that means I would be in a very remote area, that I need to save every bit of battery power to have the unit running longer, running another service in background seems not a good idea on my case.
tommyjar

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Samsung's problem Reply with quote

Kruch and what about my problem with newest versions of TB? The keys 7 and 9 working well with old TB 0.9.83 and not good with newest versions?
Tommy

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight control on Nokia N85 Reply with quote

Hermes wrote:
I need to save every bit of battery power to have the unit running longer, running another service in background seems not a good idea on my case.

The service is implemented as a set of active objects (Symbian framework), and since there is no continuous communication nor service continous activity of its own most of the time, the service is "sleeping" most of the time - it only wakes for a very short time when a request comes, or when it resets inactivity timer to prevent screensaver.
I've not been noticing any effect on battery life on my phone, but your experience may of course differ.

The backlight control changed in 0.9.96, so 0995 should work as 0994 does.
Hermes

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight control on Nokia N85 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
The service is implemented as a set of active objects (Symbian framework), and since there is no continuous communication nor service continous activity of its own most of the time, the service is "sleeping" most of the time - it only wakes for a very short time when a request comes, or when it resets inactivity timer to prevent screensaver.
I've not been noticing any effect on battery life on my phone, but your experience may of course differ.

The backlight control changed in 0.9.96, so 0995 should work as 0994 does.

Thanks for the prompt and detail explanation. As a pre-caution I think I will try to stay at 0995 for a while, until I know more on the Symbian OS way of doing things. I am definitely a freshman in this area.

Thanks again! Having a good day!
electronic

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:
@electronic
Just check "hide menubar cmd", choose OK and Save and try to restart TB. Next - when you open main menu bar, do you see 3 dots on it ?

yes, that is!
but do not understand why it did not work the other times I tried (some of them restarting the application as you said)
Well, now it works so thank you very much! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: LG Km900 Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"][quote="guest"]The Trackfiles itselfs are showing the right date and time.[/quote]

Trackfiles itself? What do you mean? Thanks.[/quote]

Good morning!

The filename of the trackfiles. Not inside the trackfiles.

CU
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: LG Km900 Reply with quote

guest wrote:
The filename of the trackfiles. Not inside the trackfiles.

New option Settings->Location->time fix - when it is on, phone's time is used *when* internal GPS reports position with invalid time (0, I guess)

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/0998-RC6/trekbuddy.jad
http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/0998-RC6/trekbuddy.jar

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: LG Km900 Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"][quote="guest"]The filename of the trackfiles. Not inside the trackfiles.[/quote]

New option [i]Settings->Location->time fix[/i] - when it is on, phone's time is used *when* internal GPS reports position with invalid time (0, I guess)

[url]http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/0998-RC6/trekbuddy.jad[/url]
[url]http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/0998-RC6/trekbuddy.jar[/url][/quote]

I will check and give you feedback, thanks so far!

CU

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: It´s working Reply with quote

Hi, great job!

Now it´s working with the phone time, that´s enough for me.

Thank you!

CU
jdjani

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I am using Nokia 5310 + LD-3W + TB0997

The problem is that the WPT-ETA not accurate.

Cheats more hours, 20 minutes way.

Do you have some solution?

Thank JDJani Hungary
user1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Changelog
TrekBuddyService is (...) essential for good tar-ed maps performance

Oh, that's true and much thanks for fixing it Very Happy Before, big tared maps were almost unreadable on my N79 and now everything works perfect! (I really upgraded to 0.9.99)

P.S. In wiki it's written that TARed maps work (now it's of course true Wink ), but - "TARed atlases awfully slow". However, now I've tried to use rather big TARed atlas (four layers, one map in each layer, the biggest map is about 100 MB) and I didn't experience any TB's slowdown. Reading "TARed atlases awfully slow" in wiki scared me a bit when I was going to get N79... which works with TB perfect Laughing
matt_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

And here at me on nokia n73, all without problems, and costs to Simbian 9.1!!Laughing
kruch wrote:
Changelog
    - new: field notes
    - minor bugfixes (gc listings parsing bug, repaint bug after map load, forms items formatting, ...)
    - backlight change notification changed to vibration + icon status at the bottom-right corner (customizable icon bulb.png) + Nokia specific feature: long 3 keypress for quick on/off form/to selected light level
    - minor tar-ed maps performance improvements on S60 (when TBSVC is used)
    - JAD file changes: removed LG-specific attribute, added S60 3rd FP2+ specific attribute for selection key backward compatiblity (does not open menu now and can be used to restore tracking mode as on other devices)

Field notes
There is Add Field Note command in waypoint details and Field Notes command in navigation menu. The notes are stores in fieldnotes.<session timestamp>.txt file in gc folder (yes, new TB folder). Feedback welcome, as usual.
S60 problems
I have been testing and using this version on S60 3rd FP2 device(6720c) for a couple of days. Despite what I read about changes in java runtime in FP2+ devices, in my experience, TrekBuddyService is still required for backlight control from within TB, and unfortunately also essential for good tar-ed maps performance (which surprised me - very pleasantly). EDIT: on FP2+ devices the use of service for tar-ed maps/atlases access has to be enabled in Settings->Misc->use native service
Android
I had to change signing certificate to fullfil Android Market requirements, and because of it you will not be able to update existing installation - sorry.

0.9.97 download page

Requirements Installation Configuration Customization Localization
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: