• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker - moved to github.
Trekbuddy github repository

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salmonsalar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new feature wanted:
Double tap on screen changes the map to the next zoom level i.e if using level 14 and double tap TB changes to 15 or next higher level in the Atlas.
Even better would be if support for multitouch is implemented in such way that if I shrink the screen between my fingers the maps shall be changed to higher zoomlevel until I stop the shrink, If I instead moves the fingers in the opposite direction the zoomlevel shall decrease (it works like that for Google maps for example).
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pilothaz Cannot tell you, I don't do geocaching, but it was requested by those who do (especially druzicka Cool )

@radegast In addition to vibration, a yellow bulb icon appears (and stays) at bottom-right corner (may not be always well visible depending on map background)

@shen Sorry, I still have no idea why settings are lost. I did not forgot *0 swap wish, just was afraid to do too many changes in one version. As for power usage option, I do not know more than that is in the linked document, this option, together with assisted GPS option, gives users full control to select position source. I think that the info in that document makes sense - if user demands low poeer usage, the device may/will choose to use network only for position data.

@salmonsalar I do test TB on G1 without using its hw keyboard, and I find everything controllable and accessible just using touchscreen. What problem exactly did you have? I will check the load map cancel and screen repaint issue. Thanks for the feedback!
shen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Sorry, I still have no idea why settings are lost. I did not forgot *0 swap wish, just was afraid to do too many changes in one version. As for power usage option, I do not know more than that is in the linked document, this option, together with assisted GPS option, gives users full control to select position source. I think that the info in that document makes sense - if user demands low poeer usage, the device may/will choose to use network only for position data.

Ok, for the settings it's not that hard ... I've learned to live with that Smile

For the power settings ... actually it's annoying for the non power users to identify what side effects the settings have. So it makes sense to use some other names for the options to reflect what actually happens.

Stefan

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shen wrote:
For the power settings ... actually it's annoying for the non power users to identify what side effects the settings have. So it makes sense to use some other names for the options to reflect what actually happens.

I see, but the problem is that the names (or corresponding values at API level, respectively) may have different effect on different devices. I only know of the BB document that describes what happens on BB devices.
So the only thing I thought I could was that the option value is preset by default to the value that was hardcoded in TB since the beginning, ie. MEDIUM.
radegast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@radegast In addition to vibration, a yellow bulb icon appears (and stays) at bottom-right corner (may not be always well visible depending on map background)

Very Happy opravdu nevíš proč jsem dotaz nenapsal anglicky?
No dobrá, nainstaloval jsem znova 0.9.96 a ukážu to na obrázku.
Líp to "chytnout" nešlo.
Jde o to, že při zapnutí/vypnutí trvalého podsvícení v 0.9.96 vyskočilo okno s informací, kdežto v 0.9.97 ne.
Na žlutý puntík jsem se neptal.

podsviceni.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.69 KB
 Viewed:  13139 Time(s)

podsviceni.jpg

HTC Desire S, SDHC 16GB,
TB vždy nejnovější,
funkcorner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Fullscreen on HTC Tattoo Reply with quote

Kruch,

Great to see all the recent updates and that TB is in the Android Market - nice work!

Is there a way to get rid of the Android bar at the top of the screen? The one with the clock, battery meter, signal meter etc etc. It messes up my CMS screens and TB maps would look cooler without it IMHO.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Also, the icon size in Android - is it meant to be smaller than all the other applications' icons?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radegast wrote:
Na žlutý puntík jsem se neptal.

No jo, to klasicky okno zmizelo protoze bylo otravny a hlavne to nefungovalo dobre s novou funkci "dlouhy stisk 3", takze jsem oznameni zmenil na vibraci + se zobrazi (natrvalo) vpravo dole tahle ikona (akorat muze bejt blbe videt - zalezi na mape):

bulb.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 KB
 Viewed:  13052 Time(s)

bulb.png

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Fullscreen on HTC Tattoo Reply with quote

@funkcorner Let me check how/if an application can get rid of Android bar. And the icon, yes, it sucks on hi-res devices, I will fix it in the next version.
trifo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Yeah, I am very happy with the new wersion, as it corrected the main pain of the previos release on my Nokia E52: the waypoint selection screen rendered the file/wpt names with the color of the background sho that only the selected item being readable, all the others invisible. Thanks!

There is a feature wish also in my heart: it would be wery useful to be able to display/search of GPX waypoints in various GroudSpeak fields, especially name and short description.
Yes, I've read that you do not do geocaching, but a GPX browser without localisation capabilities (finding points near me) is almost useless, but I would like to do paperless caching - cache descriptions are found in the GPX wpts, it would be great being able to use them and not printing the chache description to paper.

--Trifo
footz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: re: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

Hi guys
This is my feedback:
1. The field notes don't seem to work however I tried them just once.

2. Backlight issue - while pressing the thouchscreen in the upper right corner I do get the vibration, but it doesn't change the backlight setting at all. It used to work perfect on my symbian Nokia 5800 but it doesn't on my Android HTC.

3.As salmonsalar pointed out, we have some experience with trekbuddy on touchscreen phones, so we know where you can find all the options. But for newcomers to Trekbyddy, there could be some 'dots' or small 'squares' in other corners to indicate acces to those options. You have put the lightbulb symbol, so a dot or a square wouldn't do any harm. But that's just an idea. I'm happy the way it is.

4.Power consumption - while checking power consumption in the settings of my Android after a charge and using it for an hour or more, it turned out that Trekkbuddy has been using 50% of power, the same as my Android OS. Is it normal? It seems quita a lot. Also does anybody know if the power consumption shows only the power consuption for Trekbuddy App, or Trekbyddy app together with GPS reciever?

5.Regarding the above - After exiting from trekkbudy, is the App killed automatically? It seems I had to 'force close' it once, but probalby because I didn't exit it properly.

6.The magnetic and Trekbuddy compass needels always are apart at about ~15 deg angle. Is it the rusult of magnetic deviation?

7. When I started Android Market in the morning, it DID update Trekkbudy to the 0.9.97 ver without the bug. No problem with the update then.

Regards

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@footz Thanks! I'll try to spend more time testing with G1/Android 1.6. As for the backlight - the control is simple, it either attempts to keep the screen on, or lets it dim according to device configuration. I'll check whether the API has not changed or whatever in Andoird 2.x.
I believe the power consumption includes GPS, because I get ~ 15% usage without GPS on on G1. But, again, it is 1.6, I'll check this too.
electronic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right key problem at the SonyEriccson persist

Yet thanks Krunch for this new version Smile
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electronic wrote:
.The right key problem at the SonyEriccson persist

Settings->Misc->hide menu bar cmd workaround does not work?
radegast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No jistě, promiň. Jakmile jsem došel ve větě k "žlutý" už jsem přehledl že vpravo dole a hned jsem si to dal do souvislosti z puntíkem stavu GPS.

V to případě, páč jsem si toho tím pádem všimnul, hlásím chybu na HTC Desire, displej 800x480.
Chybí kousek spodního okraje. Nastavení "Celý displej" nic nedá. Resp. nic se nezmění ani s ani bez fajfky.

EDIT:
Stejný efekt v portrait i landscape.

mapa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.02 KB
 Viewed:  12947 Time(s)

mapa.jpg

HTC Desire S, SDHC 16GB,
TB vždy nejnovější,

Last edited by radegast on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
MrTom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Changelog
    - new: field notes
    -

Field notes
There is Add Field Note command in waypoint details and Field Notes command in navigation menu. The notes are stores in fieldnotes.<session timestamp>.txt file in gc folder (yes, new TB folder). Feedback welcome, as usual.

Have a Blackberry 8210 Pearl:
Positives-
* New version loads correctly
*Power usage EXCELLENT-did a 6 hour hike with 100% charged battery, backlight ON,atlas map loaded,CMS files loaded ,and tracklogging ON,phone radio turned OFF as there was no cell phone connection available. GPS was with external connection (Freedom2000)
Power indication at end of hike indicated about 75-80% power still available, which is better than just in phone mode...

Issues-

* When turning on blackight key #3 there is no longer a notification,audio or dialog box, that the light is on nor when the backlight is turned off.
* Found the new "gc" TB folder and "field notes menu command" but have been unable to locate the Add Field Note command in OR the waypoint details.
Probably "operator error" so hopefully someone will enlighten me..
Thanks for another great update
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: