• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.57 beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPSray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: some comments about route navigation Reply with quote

Hello,

First of all TB gets better every version thanks Krunch.

I was playing with route navigation in 0.957 and at the moment I find the usage to complicated for use in car or on the bike. For walking it is ok but not for driving a car. For my test I was using GPX files which I generated with GMaps and GMapToGPX. The resulting GPX files includes all info which is need to us it in a car or on a bike.

My idea would be to have a new screen after CMS which show speed, time, trip time etc and leave a big part free for showing the next <desc> tag from the GPX file. May be a graphical element where the length represents the distance to the next way point might be usefull too. This new screen should be user definable like the CMS screen, so it can be adapted to different screen resolutions and needs.

One nice additional feature would be to activate the background light when an event happens like coming close to next way point. Leaving the light on all the time, even at 50% eats up to much power, at least on my phone.

Best Regards,

Rainer

P.S: Installing the new version on my Nokia 6233 was no problem (Nokia PC Suite), but I waited for the latest before updating to 0.957beta.
sbi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Version 0.9.57 on BlackBerry 8707 Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm playing around with version 0.9.57 on a blackberry 8707 with os version 4.2.1. Here is a brief report of what I've seen so far.

- trekbuddy_rim_bb_v41 starts correctly.
I can move the pointer on the world map.
I cannot save waypoints (might be due to the lack of of File API?).

- trekbuddy_rim_bb_v42 locks on the screen asking authorization for file access file:///e:/trekbuddy/...
I've no idea why. My blackberry has no SD card, so no e: drive, but that did not prevent the trekbuddy_rim_bb_v41 to start. If the root directory was in a configuration file, I could try modifying it to a path that my blackberry has (file:///store/home/user/trekbuddy/) before starting the application?

Do you have any idea of what is different in v42 and v41 that could prevent v42 from working?

Best regards, and thanks for this great software.

-sbi
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right about the File API presence in 4.1 vs 4.2.

file:///e:/trekbuddy/ is the default value for DataDir option. If it doesn't exist, actions depending on it are (should be) ignored.

Can you authorize TrekBuddy and continue, or it just hangs?
sbi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

trekbuddy_rim_bb_v42 hangs on the authorization screen. With trekbuddy_rim_bb_v41 I can authorize and navigate the map.

-sbi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trco wrote:
kruch wrote:
How's backlight now on SE? Still blinks occasionally? I've changed it a bit Wink

In backlight mode my SE w810i blinks (backlight go totaly off and on) 3 times every 20 to 40 seconds (irregulary).

Great application. Keep on the good work.

Confirming the same on another W810i.
Best regards, Sem
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbi wrote:
Hi,

trekbuddy_rim_bb_v41 I can authorize and navigate the map.

-sbi

The default (world) map I assume. I need to google if there is anything special required for a MIDlet to use file API on BB with OS 4.2.
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

Ranger wrote:
Everytime I add my datums defs.

I can add your defs to release builds if you like.

Is it possible to have custom datums defs file in resources folder ?
Similar way like CMS def.
If this info is in .jad, after datum defs changes TB should be reinstalled.
Last time I had situation, that I sent to user .jad file with extended datums, but it was for another TB version, so couldn't be installed.
Unfortunately he deleted jad for own version. You know what's mean on trip Sad
I don't see logical reason that custom datums defs should be version dependent as in jad is.
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got info from one user about k750i&LD-3W hangs, probably caused by screen saver operator's customization.
Screen saver in SE phones is long story. He suggested that having additional mode, where backlight is turn on for a while every n secs can be solution. This way you can always see TB's screens without such battery consumption like with backlight constantly on. Nav4All uses such method to eliminate problems caused by screen saver in SE phones.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last beta update Wink

Still not sure about backlight on SE - it works just fine on my K750i...

@Ranger
- custom datum defs in resources - yes, good idea
- screensaver prevention - ok
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No leading "8" in Irish Grid" problem.

Irish_grid_no_leading_8_problem.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.65 KB
 Viewed:  19502 Time(s)

Irish_grid_no_leading_8_problem.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlight on SE W810i: I think the period between the blinking is now longer in the latest beta, but still blinks (goes off for half a second three times).
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have screensaver enabled?

I starred at K750 for 5 minutes, but saw no blinks. I have screensaver disabled. Btw, ts backlight timeout configurable on SE phones?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: some comments about route navigation Reply with quote

GPSray wrote:
One nice additional feature would be to activate the background light when an event happens like coming close to next way point.

The latest beta update has this feature. I did not test it, though Embarassed
tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Leading digit of Eastings always zero for Irish Grid Reply with quote

Firstly, big respect for implementing the Irish Grid display in the latest beta of TB Cool . On the two test maps I've tried however, the most significant digit of the eastings always seems to be zero - I'm assuming this is a duplicate of Ranger's bug described above, but I'll post this anyway to confirm.

For example, when scrolling west past a square boundary the eastings go from 02xxx, 01xxx, 00xxx to 09xxx rather than to 99xxx. On another map where the actual eastings are in the range 53xxx - 59xxx I get displayed eastings of 03xxx - 09xxx. The northings appear fine in both cases.

This is visible on the OSI_50k map I PM'ed you a while back - I can resend the link if you need it.

Thanks again,
Tom
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do so, I was looking for the PM from Smile you but apparently I deleted already.

It's my misundertanding of wikipedia IG description and copy&paste coding based on existin BNG support in TB Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: