• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@shen I did not test it extensively enough... so you think it is OK? I'll gladly fix in the next version.

Yes, it works stable as far as I can tell. Used it for a couple of hours ...

user1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

owienie wrote:

I solved the problem, which was my mistake.
[...]

But it was kruch who brought me the solution.

kruch wrote:
.... it is as if you either did not install symbian version

[...]

As I installed the Trekbuddy on my symbian, I chose the wrong version. And after installation inside Trekbuddy I didn't see it.

Same situation with me - I didn't download the symbian version Embarassed Thanks, Kruch, for your response which solved the problem for me, too, and also sorry for the problem.
P.S. On beta download page it was clearly written "trekbuddy-symbian", so I downloaded it and that's, why it worked. However, on 0.9.96 download page (and also 0.9.91, 0.9.92, 0.9.93, 0.9.94 and 0.9.95) I didn't notice that "S60" - I downloaded version for "Nokia S40" (I thought - "S40 or higher") - and that was my mistake. But, could you please add the word "SYMBIAN" before "S60"...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear good news from all of you... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: BB 8110, CMS day/Night Reply with quote

Hi,

I've updated from 0.9.91

thanks for this great software. I enjoy it a lot.

I can not toggle day / night color for CMS screen on my BB 8110.
Same as on V 0.9.91.

Is this a common issue?

Cactus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can not toggle day / night color for CMS screen on my BB 8110.
Same as on V 0.9.91.
Does the CMS you're using have day/night modes?
user1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Glad to hear good news from all of you... Smile

Thanks, Kruch, for perfect changes on 0.9.96 download page. Now everything is clear Smile
MarkusF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for your great application.

Also the backlight doesn't stay on my nokia 5800 on. After the longest time of 60 sec it turn off. (As "normal"). Please: It would be very useful to have it stay on.

Also it would be very nice for these who fly to get sound for altitude.

So thank you in advance for alll work you will do the next time.

Best regards
Markus
billy06

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for backlight on 5800 kruch knows about this , i have tested a version of trekbuddy service that fixes it so i asume it will be for general download soon
billy06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: parsing Reply with quote

would it be possible to parse all tags to support html such as the '&' symbol ,
i do remove these from my gpx during parsing for our own use and replace as & ,
but i see now that "logs" supports the & symbol and while short disc now does not return an error (unlike before) on these symbols it does stop parsing at the symbols

eg log
<groundspeak:logs>
<groundspeak:log id="103264118">
<groundspeak:date>2010-04-06T00:00:00.000</groundspeak:date>
<groundspeak:type>Found it</groundspeak:type>
<groundspeak:finder id="2484147"><![CDATA[Sheriff_Softy]]></groundspeak:finder>
<groundspeak:text encoded="False"><![CDATA[Nice little cache & dash TFTC]]></groundspeak:text>
</groundspeak:log>
will display fine 'Nice little cache & dash TFTC'
but long disc
<groundspeak:long_description html="True"><![CDATA[<p>This cache is located at & the most easterly point in Britain,
Ness Point]]></groundspeak:long_description> wil only display 'This cache is located at'
it would be nice is this was sorted to either support or not across all tags

rudahes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the new version. Everything works perfect. I am especialy happy with the new feature viewing GC logs. Very Happy Thank you very much for it !!
GPX file with 100 waypoints and aditional child waypoins (approximately another 100) are loaded in 4 second Very Happy (number of logs for each waypoint is limited to 15 with GSAK).
As wel as billy66 I am looking forward to links in gpx if these will be offline as well as online. Being able to link to offline htm or jpg from log would be very handy, because with GSAK is very easy to generate any user notes as a log in the generated GPX file. This log is the first log in the GPX file and may contain link for example to spoiler image.

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@billy06,rudahes please send me your GPX files - the one with & problem and that with links to offline files
billy06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: example of offline file link Reply with quote

<wpt lat="52.47765" lon="1.721617">
<name>Normanston Lake Lothing / GC1MRH1 / Clue:4 Blocks From The Water, / Size:Small / Diff:2 / Terr:2 / 1</name>
<cmt>Clue:4 Blocks From The Water, / Size:Small / Diff:2 / Terr:2 </cmt>
<sym>TraditionalN</sym>
<type>Geocache|Traditional Cache</type>
<ele>0.0</ele>
<url>file:///G:/GeoGet/data/offline/cache/1/GC1MRH1.htm</url>
</wpt>
this is example of offline link used in memorymap , this then opens the htm in set browser, something simular for trekbuddy would be handy to open a html stored on memorycard etc as the data could be in the htm therefore short disc, long disc etc would not need to be in the gpx

GC1MRH1.rar
 Description:
example linked htm.

Download
 Filename:  GC1MRH1.rar
 Filesize:  4.08 KB
 Downloaded:  62 Time(s)

PetrX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeste bych mel jednu drobnou pripominku, ktera se v TV drzi jiz delsi dobu. Neslo by v podrobnostech bodu dat za patricny nadpis mezeru nebo alespon dvojtecku? Takto je to pro mne neprehledne a musim chvilku koukat nez prijdu na to kde konci nadpis a kde zacina text Sad .

Priklad:
NázevJméno bodu
Komentářkomentář

I když jsou nadpisy tucnejsim pismem tak to presto neni natolik kontrastni (SE K800i), aby to pomohlo.

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PetrX wrote:
I když jsou nadpisy tucnejsim pismem tak to presto neni natolik kontrastni (SE K800i), aby to pomohlo.

Rozumim, nechapu proc je to tak blbe udelany, je to standardni komponenta pro text s moznosti mit label;treba na Nokii E60 to taky vypada blbe. Zkusim pridat dvojtecku s mezerou.

String items really look weird on some devices, no space between label and value. I'll try to add <space>, or perhaps :<space> after label.
hanswurstx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Solved issue (Probably a bug in waypoint management) Reply with quote

@Kruch

While working with waypoints and routes I discovered something odd. The option "RouteBack" is not working for me with most recent version 0.9.96 and maybe older versions too. I don't know because I just upgraded from version 0.9.80 to 0.9.96 and this way I missed some versions.

If I choose "RouteBack" the routing is same like "RouteAlong". Means always from the first waypoint in gpx file down to the last one. I don't discover any differences between "RoutBack" and "RouteAlong" Sad

Please can somebody try it on his own handset and post the result to prove wrong or verify my observation for Kruch.

Kruch thank you very much for keep working on this great app and the fine release. I love it Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for my post above. The problem is solved. It was my own fault. I tried the waypoint/routing feature as usual and choose "RouteBack" on first instead the last waypoint in list. And as a result the first waypoint was selected. Not as I expected the last waypoint in list would be selected for routing back. Now I know that I had to select the last waypoint in list to start with this one (or anyone I want to start with) and the "RouteBack" feature then will activate the last waypoint in list before this one as soon as I reach the selected one.
Okay sorry again. Now I know how to use the feature the right way.

Last edited by hanswurstx on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: