• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Position buffering problem seems to persist Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
There is another minor tweak in 0.9.96 that could help. I'm gonna publish a test build during the weekend...

Here it is: http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2010-03-22/index.php

Changes in this build are mainly in gpx groundspeak support: logs, lazy parsing (controlable in Misc->Tweaks) to save memory and support larger files. A new team member Cool is working on better html support in listings for the final (or next) version.

Also, backlight control on Symbian has been improved, especially default value and behaviour restored when backlight is turned "off". New version of TBSvc is required...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version drains the battery, when TB is turned off. I use it on a Blackberry 8310. The previous version run properly. I suppose, after turning TB off, the GPS is still activatet. Even after turning off/on the Blackberry, the battery is draining within about 1 day.
This stopped at the moment, I deinstalled TB.
haddock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine on S60 v3. No battery issues and no data loss (see wiki "lazy GS parsing") when adding waypoints to groundspeak gpx.
Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug described in post
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33227#33227
still exists in 0.9.96 beta Sad
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haddock wrote:
Works fine on S60 v3. No battery issues and no data loss (see wiki "lazy GS parsing") when adding waypoints to groundspeak gpx.

Did you enable the option? Because on S60 it is off by default (because there is plenty of memory for midlets on S60 Cool )

When a wpt in gpx file in not completely parsed (ie. groundspeak extenstion is parsed only partially), then, in the beta, groundspeak extension is completely omitted after modification for these wpts.
I still do not know how to deal with this situation... whether to fully reparse the file again, or just not allow modification of the file.
haddock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
When a wpt in gpx file in not completely parsed (ie. groundspeak extenstion is parsed only partially), then, in the beta, groundspeak extension is completely omitted after modification for these wpts.

Ok, now I managed to lose some (all) geocaching logs ... When doing my tests I was assuming that adding new wpts to an existing groundspeak gpx could also trigger deletion of groundspeak extensions. But that was a misunderstanding.

billy06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even with just the name and gc id the files would be too big for our use. i tryed this before we went away last week we needed data for 23,000 caches as we did not know which ones we would be doing
i simply loaded all into geoget order by distance direction then use a macro to split into 500 caches with the file number in the name , i loaded these into TB, i also outputted for tom tom and memorymap with the file number in the name tag ( to reference for TB)combining the files back together as memorymap and tomtom can handel large files , this worked perfectly for our needs

i will install the latest version and test although the possibility of distroying some of the data by adding waypoints sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

user1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 0.9.90 version was the last in which tared maps and backlight control worked (I had installed TrekBuddyService). 0.9.91, 0.9.92, 0.9.93, 0.9.94 and 0.9.95 didn't work Sad (screensaver was running while backlight was turned on and program was frozen while I was trying to move the map - Nokia N95). In this versions TrekBuddy event didn't ask for access to network during startup (I usually forgot to turn these questions off after installation), so it couldn't use TrekBuddyService. But now 0.9.96 beta with new TrekBuddyService works Very Happy ! Thanks, Kruch!

However, when I try to "Add custom" waypoint, I can save it only to a new file (when I didn't use gpx file before) or to the last accessed gpx file - other files aren't displayed on the list. In 0.9.95 all files were displayed.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@user1 But with the posibility to add a wpt to any file, didn't it destroy existing content if you did not you choose last accessed file??
tom.k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Assisted GPS not working on 0.9.94+ Reply with quote

I just did an upgrade after a while from old 0.9.90 to 0.9.95. I found that assisted GPS (asking for aditional data from web) stopped working (do not try to connect anymore). The last version that works correctly is 0.9.93. I even tried the beta from 2010.03.22, but still the same. I would expect this is related to 0.9.94 changelog entry:

- fixed: internal GPS initialization (caused problems on some Nokia phones)

My phone is Nokia E52.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tom.k Thanks! Indeed, there was a change that most probably caused it. I thought people prefer to avoid data connection completely. I can introduce an option to allow/disallow assisted GPS.
tom.k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On E52 (other symbians I expect the same) I can enable/disable assisted GPS support in phone settings, so I think there is no need to duplicate this in buddy. For the GPS API I can select which sources of position are allowed and which are not (GPS, assisted GPS, GSM network information, blootooth GPS).
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. The option may also be useful on other platforms, and can be just on by default on Symbian.
tom.k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, when there is some beta, I'm ready to test it if that helps. BTW big thanks for great program!
user1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
But with the posibility to add a wpt to any file, didn't it destroy existing content if you did not you choose last accessed file??

I didn't try to do that previously (I haven't been actually using versions 0.9.91, 0.9.92, ... , 0.9.95, because I use only tared maps). But... no, contents weren't destroyed (I've tried in 0.9.95). What do you mean by "destroyed"? Completely deleted? TrekBuddy couldn't read it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: