• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Door concept HECL - windsurf specialize CMS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Door concept HECL - windsurf specialize CMS Reply with quote

As I have been obliged to recode all the hecl script after a total lost of my hdd (thks segate bricked bios hdd bug ...) I will do a small pause on my devs so ...

Here is an alpha version of my windsurf CMS for k750i ( screen res. 176x219)

Download ->

This CMS is design specially for windsurf, but some interesting devs are usable for many other sports.

- a door concept that enable automatic chrono on a defined run.
automatic start of the chrono with partial timing and finish time in real time including distance (m) on each part of the run.

- a compute speed on 10 seconds and the best v10s. In windsurf speed this v10s is the speed used on all virtual competition. it's a more realable value for speed. in this screen instant speed in bigger, the best v10s with thier timing. upper the actual v10s and the average of the 3 best v10s on the left.

- a bigger graph speed v10s than the other existing. with auto scale.

- a classic sat level screen

- more detailed common screen

- a global time done on all run
with time in seconds, minutes, speed average on run, distance done, distance of the run.

In this script, there are 3 run already defined (matching a virtual race on south of france) :
* one defined with 2 points, this 2 points define 2 // lines. cross the start line and the chrono start. this run is for a miles (1852m) run windsurf.
* one run defined with a door (2 points) and a partial mark that you should turn around to come back to the same starting and ending door.
* one defined with a start door , a partial mark and another end door.

- there are math hecl functions that could be usefull for others.
- one very complex function that convert utm to gsm84 (used as demo for door defined point on one run)

So there is still work, but you could already test it if you are interested or if you do windsurf it's a must have Wink

to do :
- finish the screen bug
- find how to auto scale in real time the graph when max is reached
- wait for kruch to implement a screen refresh when there is no bluetooth connection. when press 2 on the run cms screen you could change the run name selection. but as there is not refresh of the cms ... you should have to press #, #, # ...
- memory leak on my k750i ..seems this phone is a little limit on memory space.
- v10s matching the values of gpsaction replay (top solution on sailing using gps)
- on many others ....

feed back and improved ideas are welcome.

- big thks to kruch
- no compliments to www.gps-speedsurfing.com contact (never get an answer from them ...) sad !

Last edited by vincent on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
MrTom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This CMS looks good. If possible,know I am asking a lot, could you also code for Imperial Units if your HECL is calculation data?
I am trying to learn HECL and some of your scripts have been a great learning aid.
I have found that when hiking in bright sunlight the blackest background with white letters works the best (this is personal preference only).

As far as the hard drive, I have a Maxtor connected via FireWire. If I accidentally bump the FireWire connection to my PC it will disconnect,not using the Microsoft Hardware Safe Removal. The Maxtor will then show that the HDD has to be reformatted. The data is still on the HDD and I use a data recovery program to get most of it.
Thanks for your CMS efforts,
Tom
Lomic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job Vincent Wink

how do you define a virtual run? we launched a small challenge here on my homespot and we defined 3 virtual runs in our bay, it is great to be able to know, on the water if the run as started or not, a great added value for using trekbuddy in windsurfing

otherwise we got to analyse it with GPSAR to know if we've validated some runs, as the marks are not always easy to catch

one thing that could be great is if you can ring a bell or vibrator (or combine the two) when crossing the door, and another bell ring when crossing the finish line
vincent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thks Mrtom and Lomic,

@Mrtom : what is the formulas for the imperial .. it's not usefull for windsurf but perhaps we could have a look .

@lomic :
a run is defined on the hecl code and using utm coords

in the keypress function the points door are defined.
set vinc::start::doorA:Mad 677134.316
set vinc::start::doorA::y 4811945.433
set vinc::start::doorB:Mad 677077.297
set vinc::start::doorB::y 4812006.735

Firstly work with gpsar to define the marks, and after it's done, we will look together to add the run on the script. it's really easy (just cut and past the coords on the gpsar files run to this script)

Concerning the bell ring .. it's already done... a horn come when you cross a mark. but after testing on water .. the horn come about 2-3 meters after you cross a door (suppose of the buffering)

Last edited by vincent on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MrTom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent posted
Quote:
@Mrtom : what is the formulas for the imperial .. it's not usefull for windsurf but perhaps we could have a look .

Thanks. Thinking about my request and appreciate the offer. This project is still in the development stage and I do not want you diverting time to this request. Maybe at another time when it is more convenient for you.
Tom
MrTom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Would like to know if you ever finished this interesting project? If so could you please post a version to download?
Thanks

vincent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mr tom,

I have try unsuccessfully to finish the algo to find the best speed with the
constraint of x seconds of delay between all values.

as it is really simple when you get all the values and serach the peak , in real time it is really complex (for me !)

if someone could give me idea or help me in the algo it is welcome

otherwise the rest is okay.

MrTom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vincent,
Thank you for the update. I am not a para-glider, however I find your CMS file of interest. This is the only CMS that I have found that charts the moving speed. It also appears to adjust as the speed varies. The chart is unique in that there is an chart outline in a contrasting color.

If you do not mind I would like to try to adapt the speed chart to just the moving speed with no time delays. Hopefully I will eventually find out why the " Desire 800x480 bike theme" does not show the speed dial "hands.png" . Then I would like to show just numerical numbers for the actual speed,max speed,min speed and average speed in addition to your chart and dave.a's speedometer on one page..

If I can accomplish that I would like to adapt your principals to an altitude graph. Graphing the changing altitude plus numerical numbers for the max & min altitude and positive & negative altitude changes.

Another option is to show your "speed" chart and a similar" altitude" chart on one page.

This will probably take some time as I am having difficulty with understanding the HECL coding process. The combining of the various components and graphical displays presents no difficulty to me. I see CMS as a sort "Lego" concept where we can create, design, mix and match only limited by our creativity.

Thanks, Tom

vincent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do mean by "with no time delays"

"atch only limited by our creativity" .. not really there are somes limitation that are not easy to manage ...

MrTom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vincent wrote:
what do mean by "with no time delays"

I initially thought there was a time delay in the presentation of the graph and the speed as that information is shown about 60 seconds behind what is actually happening. When moving and then coming to a stop the graph is still being drawn and the speed at that point in the graph is shown.
BUT, when switching to the "All" page the speed is shown real time.
I believe that because of the phones limited memory. It is taking a while for the information to be shown when drawing the graph.

Your method of drawing the graph with the highlight line is what I am interested in. Did you ever make an altitude chart that is similar to your speed chart? I would like to put both of them on the same page,one above the other.
Thanks,

vincent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not at all !

it is because of the method to compute the speed in windsurf.
the real speed is not a good value even your gps use doppler computation.

this speed on the graph is calculated using an integration ponderated with time intervals and this on a delay of 10 seconds.

that's why you have a delay of 10 seconds for the speed.

if you stop instantly .. the everaging will have to wait for 10 seconds so that all the sampling are null.

yeah it is really simple to modify using real speed or use any variables on hecl like altitude.

jole0909

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one hav this CMS?
Can someone please upload it?
download link abowe don't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Themes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: