Bílý vrch
icon TrekBuddy
www.trekbuddy.net
Outdoor companion.
  • internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Googleak.NET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
guest



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 5015

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: languga Reply with quote

HI. your tool is great, been using it from the start.

I've got two notices:

1. VEarth (Bing) maps are with German locale (German labels) could you please revert it to english labels or put the select option in map type?
should be easy, just to change the "&mkt=en-us" element in the link

2. Could you please update User Defined Map dialog and enhance it in a way that each field (X, Y, Z) will be set under general variable label, like X field will be %Xnum%, Y field will be %Ynum% and so on. In this case user could use this variables to create his link as he (and provider) needs. For example like this:
[code]
http://map.provider.com/somethingimportant?%Xnum%blahblah%Znum%_%Ynum%
[/code]

I hope I made myself clear. ...
Thanks for your effort. Your tool helps a lot of people around.

Petr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MartinZ



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: changes Reply with quote

I'm a bit out of time at the moment. But I think, I'll do something about this program again soon .

If you need it urgently, perhaps try to load source code and implement little changes yourself.
At least, I'll upload a bit more actual source code quite soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guest



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 5015

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello yesterday, i dowload the googleak.net 1.5.2.2, i it was perfect in the work ofice, but today at home it don't work in any one of 3 computers.

I d'ont understant.

Tihs is the error:

[url]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/386450_2845199614930_1407588276_3060801_1841871199_n.jpg[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MartinZ



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoogLeak.NET needs Microsoft's .NET-framework installed.

Some funktions need the Version 3.5

Install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/es-es/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vincentiuzz



Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its amazing for me...
thanksss.... Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
wqsa



Joined: 14 Jan 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: wpt icons Reply with quote

MartinZ - thank You for your work!

Is it possible somehow edit wpt icons ??

I want wpt icon to be only little dot, something like this –



- but even more smaller dots.
MOBAC is not able to permanently store wpt-s to map, am i right?
Sorry for english ))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guest



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 5015

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Just read the full thread. Reply with quote

Thanks for the hard work you have done on this Martin.

And thanks to others, in particular Bogi for assisting and troubleshooting. You two make a great team.

I've used several Trek Buddy map creation applications, and this one has great features and the largest selection of maps. I will stick with this one.

Thanks again for your efforts and devotion.

Frank
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fiery_



Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Changing language of maps by UserUrlMapPart2 Reply with quote

I use v1.5.2.0 and I would like to change the language of Google maps and found that conf.cfg has an option like this:
UserUrlMapPart2=.google.com/vt/lyrs=m@107&hl=de&x=

I changed the "hl=de" to "hl=bg", but when I looked with Wireshark the "&hl=de" part is not sent at all. It seems that this setting is not read.

Is "UserUrlMapPart2" ever read from conf.cfg? Or if anyone knows, how could I change the maps language?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MartinZ



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: config / map language Reply with quote

Quote:
Is "UserUrlMapPart2" ever read from conf.cfg? Or if anyone knows, how could I change the maps language?


only the "user defined map" source can be configured at all.

The other sources are fixed in the program code. That's a relict of old googleak (without .NET).

You couls right click on the map source drop box and configure the user defined map source as you like and test it with the built in browser.
Afterwards select "user" form map source drop box.

The "user defined" dialog is not very good. It was a first try. I always wanted to improve things later (but never did - shame on me)!

A lack of time and some other projects keep me away from doing work to googleak.net at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfgan



Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Issues exporting to tbtar Reply with quote

Hi,
FOA, thanks for this tool, it's amazing for preparing custom maps.

Being a long while since using Googleak and wanted to update a map. In order to make the file transfer to my tablet easier (better use a few big files than hundreds of smaller ones), I switched to tbtar format, but facing some issues with a window error after downloading the tiles: "Could not find a part of the path C:\Temp\Googleak.NET\tbtar\goog_9map\1472x1408_170-305\1472x1408_170-305.tar'' in TarTmiAllocated. File:"

Without tar option everything works OK, but I'm clueless on what's happening (7z.exe is on the same folder as Googleak BTW)

Any clue? Thanks in advance, Wolf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MartinZ



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Could not find a part of the path C:\Temp\Googleak.NET\tbtar\goog_9map\1472x1408_170-305\1472x1408_170-305.tar'' in TarTmiAllocated. File:"


The Subroutine "TarTmiAllocated" creates an index file (.tmi) for a just completed tar-archive.
This error could occure, if the tar was not created successfully. But it also could occure, if there is a bug in opening it for reading.

Could you check, if the tar-file was created and it only can not be found for creating the index, or if the .tar was not created at all?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bat_ventzi



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. This is my first post in the forum and I want to share my thoughts and notes about googleak.NET v1.5.2.1.

I bought Samsung B2710 recently and installed TrekBuddy 1.1.1 on it. My first tool for creating offline maps was Mobile Atlas Creator v1.9.8 but I found that I can’t create offline maps from google maps so I switched to googleak.NET. I am exporting tarred maps for TB.

This is my machine configuration on which my opinions are based: Intel i3 M370, 4GB DDR3 1033MHz, Seagate ST9640320AS, NTFS partition, 4KB allocation unit, Windows XP x86 SP3.

1 ) I found that multithread downloading works best if the thread number is 2-4. I’ve tried two ISPs and the results were similar. If I use more threads, I get many timeout errors when the tiles that I’ve downloaded reaches multiples of 1024 (I suspect that google is in the root of that Smile ). I found also that if you close the application while the tiles are being downloaded, the window disappears but the application continues running (I think that downloading threads aren’t killed when the window closes) and I must end the process manually through the task manager.

2 ) I propose that layer folders can be named with two decimal digits. As an example I can give this: the current layer name for google map with zoom level 7 is “goog_7map” and my proposal is to name it this way “goog_07map”. This will ease fast layer switching from TrekBuddy in cases where you have atlases with detail levels with one and two decimal digits. This naming scheme can be made with a script that is executed after the atlas was made. The script can just rename the folders and alter the atlas.tar file, but I don’t have time now to write the script.

3 ) The error while exporting a map for TB: “The process cannot access the file '...\temp.dat' because it is being used by another process. Additional info: in TB_EXPORT” on my machine can be fixed with turning off the antivirus software (in my case Avast 7) or adding an antivirus exception (maybe, it’s not tested).

4 ) I found that you MUST turn your antivirus off (or just add an exception for googleak.NET working folders; tested) if you are using Avast 7 and exporting maps, because it slows down the exporting process with great deal of time (I’ll give you some numbers later).

5 ) I found this site and this executable “pngout.exe”. I’ve experimented with some PNGs and found that this program manages compressing exported PNGs with compression ratio around 70-80%. The compression isn’t like ordinary compression, it keeps the png file format, but makes the file smaller.

6 ) Maybe the exporting process can also be made multithread. In case of my processor with two cores and HyperThreading on, googleak.NET uses up to 25% of processor time while exporting. I’m expecting, though, that if googleak.NET have used 50% or more, my HDD reading and writing speed won’t be sufficient as I am using a single HDD.

7 ) If you export google map layer (I mean the layer with the streets only) it is better to export it as png with 32 colors. The difference in size when using less colors isn’t that great. The difference in size when using jpg with 78 quality isn’t that great, too, but the fidelity of the jpg map is worse. So for that kind of atlases I will use png.

8 ) If you export google hybrid layer it is better to export it as jpg, because the size of the png map is much, much greater.

Note: I had exact sizes for 7 and 8 but I deleted the atlases.


Maybe you have noticed that I have 4GB RAM on x86 XP and yes the OS can’t “see” all that RAM, so I am using RamDrive software that can use that RAM. Here there are the figures that I have promised to give you:

1 ) google map, png, 32 colors, tiles, tb, tbtar folders on HDD, antivirus off – average exporting time = 11:08 min, average tarring time = 00:06 min
2 ) google map, png, 32 colors, tiles, tb, tbtar folders on RamDrive, antivirus off – average exporting time = 9:41 min, average tarring time = 00:06 min
3 ) google street overlay, jpg, 78 quality, tiles, tb, tbtar folders on HDD, antivirus on – average exporting time = somewhere around 1 hour !!!
4 ) google street overlay, jpg, 78 quality, tiles, tb, tbtar folders on HDD, antivirus off – average exporting time = 19:07 min, average tarring time = 00:36 min
5 ) google street overlay, jpg, 78 quality, tiles, tb, tbtar folders on RamDrive, antivirus off – average exporting time = 10:09 min, average tarring time = 00:10 min
6 ) google street overlay, jpg, 50 quality, tiles, tb, tbtar folders on RamDrive, antivirus off – average exporting time = 10:05 min, average tarring time = 00:07 min

Note: All the tests are for map that is 32512x32512 pixels and cut to pieces that are 250x350 pixels. The RamDrive filesystem is FAT32, 4KB allocation unit.


As a conclusion from these and some other tests I can say that:

1 ) you SHOULD turn your antivirus off
2 ) it’s very good if you can put “tiles” and “tb” folders (or parts of them) on separate drives (I mean physically different) or use RamDrive. This way you can save some exporting time, because you are separating the reading of many small files and writing of many small files.
3 ) if you can’t put “tiles” folder (it’s too big, for instance) it is still better to put “tb” folder on different drive
4 ) it doesn’t matter where your “tbtar” folder is, because tarring time is very small compared to exporting time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MartinZ



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: First posting Reply with quote

bat_ventzi wrote:
Hello. This is my first post in the forum and I want to share my thoughts and notes about googleak.NET v1.5.2.1.


Thanks for your ambitiuos analysis.
Quote:

1 ) I found that multithread downloading works best if the thread number is 2-4. I’ve tried two ISPs and the results were similar. If I use more threads, I get many timeout errors when the tiles that I’ve downloaded reaches multiples of 1024 (I suspect that google is in the root of that Smile ). I found also that if you close the application while the tiles are being downloaded, the window disappears but the application continues running (I think that downloading threads aren’t killed when the window closes) and I must end the process manually through the task manager.


I guess the optimal number of threads depends on the number of cores in the CPU, the download rate of internet connection, on the provider and on the MAP-servers, so there will be no optimal choice for every user.
That's why it is configurable Smile

I never noticed, that quitting program with downloads running leaves working threads behind. But in fact you are right.
I did not expect that closing the application could leave threads behind - again learned something Idea

Threads must terminate themselves in .NET, you can not kill them from main program.
I will send them a signal in the OnClose method of the application and this will be solved.

Please try the appended bugfixed version (no complete release, just a test!)

Quote:

2 ) I propose that layer folders can be named with two decimal digits. As an example I can give this: the current layer name for google map with zoom level 7 is “goog_7map” and my proposal is to name it this way “goog_07map”. This will ease fast layer switching from TrekBuddy in cases where you have atlases with detail levels with one and two decimal digits. This naming scheme can be made with a script that is executed after the atlas was made. The script can just rename the folders and alter the atlas.tar file, but I don’t have time now to write the script.


Good idea. But I am not sure, if trekbuddy accepts this. And i would prefer to implement this "on root" to avoid a script, that costs additional time.
But Googleak.NET still relies on the (not very well structured) structure of old googleak, so it could be, that I would have to change file naming on very many places in the source code - and I have not the time for that at the moment.

Quote:

3 ) The error while exporting a map for TB: “The process cannot access the file '...\temp.dat' because it is being used by another process. Additional info: in TB_EXPORT” on my machine can be fixed with turning off the antivirus software (in my case Avast 7) or adding an antivirus exception (maybe, it’s not tested).


In some functions older file access functions are used (VB6 relicts). Maybe the require exclusive access on the files. If anti virus greps a file it coud lead to problems. But i have not analyzed that yet.

Quote:

4 ) I found that you MUST turn your antivirus off (or just add an exception for googleak.NET working folders; tested) if you are using Avast 7 and exporting maps, because it slows down the exporting process with great deal of time (I’ll give you some numbers later).


Nice to know.
Quote:

5 ) I found this site and this executable “pngout.exe”. I’ve experimented with some PNGs and found that this program manages compressing exported PNGs with compression ratio around 70-80%. The compression isn’t like ordinary compression, it keeps the png file format, but makes the file smaller.

My own PNG creation routines (that are able to create extreme big PNGs) do not make use of the extended compressing possibilities, the png standard offers.
Nor am i sure, that PNGOUT is able to hande these "BIG"-PNGs nor do I really want to rely on an external library.
I want to avoid third party libraries as far as possible, as old googleak used a graphics library, that made things complicated to migrate. I wanted to use almost pure .NET. For this purpose I even made my own implementation of the color reducing algorithms.
Perhaps I try to add compression in my routines some time (it's an interesting problem so I could have fun doing this...).

Quote:

6 ) Maybe the exporting process can also be made multithread. In case of my processor with two cores and HyperThreading on, googleak.NET uses up to 25% of processor time while exporting. I’m expecting, though, that if googleak.NET have used 50% or more, my HDD reading and writing speed won’t be sufficient as I am using a single HDD.


Export multithreading would certainly be an advantage. But this would be more complex to realize than the downloading thing, I guess.

Quote:

7 ) If you export google map layer (I mean the layer with the streets only) it is better to export it as png with 32 colors. The difference in size when using less colors isn’t that great. The difference in size when using jpg with 78 quality isn’t that great, too, but the fidelity of the jpg map is worse. So for that kind of atlases I will use png.

8 ) If you export google hybrid layer it is better to export it as jpg, because the size of the png map is much, much greater.

Note: I had exact sizes for 7 and 8 but I deleted the atlases.

Yes, on "painted" maps PNG does quite well, on photographic images jpg is much better.
I expect using 32 colors is not the best choice, because from 256 to 32 colors PNG uses 8 bits per pixel.
If you switch to 16 colors, it will be 4 bits per pixel.
So there certainly is a big difference, if you use 16 instead of 32 colors.


Maybe you have noticed that I have 4GB RAM on x86 XP and yes the OS can’t “see” all that RAM, so I am using RamDrive software that can use that RAM. Here there are the figures that I have promised to give you:

Quote:

As a conclusion from these and some other tests I can say that:
1 ) you SHOULD turn your antivirus off
2 ) it’s very good if you can put “tiles” and “tb” folders (or parts of them) on separate drives (I mean physically different) or use RamDrive. This way you can save some exporting time, because you are separating the reading of many small files and writing of many small files.
3 ) if you can’t put “tiles” folder (it’s too big, for instance) it is still better to put “tb” folder on different drive
4 ) it doesn’t matter where your “tbtar” folder is, because tarring time is very small compared to exporting time


Interesting!

Thanks,
Martin


Last edited by MartinZ on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebastianscholl



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if this app is still developed.
I am using GOOGLEAK18 (so not .net) but can not download any tiles from outdoor.de. Guess they changed their protocol.

Now I gave .net a try but I get no tiles (and no error) when downloading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guest



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 5015

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: outdoor Reply with quote

Hi,

You seem to be right:
outdoor does not work any more. I will check that. Perhaps it is only a small change to their URL. In this case i can try to change the program internal URLs.
If they changed it to an API-system instead, it would be difficult.

Wel'll see.

Greetings,
Martin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group