• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Googleak.NET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seamanca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
dilo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: problem with installation Reply with quote

Hi,
I am tryingto run the program on my PC (winXP), but initially I was getting errors and that the program should be terminated. I figured I need to install the .NET platform. I installed first .NET4, then whan I tried running the program it said I need .NET 2. So I uninstalled it, rebooted and installed .NET 2.0. Now the program runs, but when I click on the icon with the globe and the green arrow to download tiles, I get another error:
"
Sad Could not load file or assembly 'System.core, Version 3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, Public Key Token=....'
"

I am guessing it is still the .NET that messed things up. Can anyone suggest what the issue might be?

Thank you in advance!
Dilian

EL_CID_CAMPEADOR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS SO MUCH THIS IS EXXCITING
MartinZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: NET_Framework Reply with quote

Hi dilo,

you should install NET-Framework 3.5 as well.
billy90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program is so amazing. Can you tell me how to save .tar atlas to a different location because it takes a long time to finish creating a large atlas? I want to save .tar atlas to a different disk. Thanks
MartinZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you tell me how to save .tar atlas to a different location because it takes a long time to finish creating a large atlas?

It was intended that the Save-Dialog, that can be activated with right-click onto TB-Export-Button redirects atlas-output. But this is buggy. It always uses the standard path.

You can, however:
-quit googleak.NET
-edit your conf.cfg file and e.g. configure:

Code:
TrekBuddyPATH=M:\Probe\tb\
tarPATH=M:\Probe\tbtar\

-create these directories manually
-put an empty folder into both of them (!!! otherwise it won't work)
-start Googleak.NET again

sorry for that... Embarassed

Will put this on the bugfixing list....
molder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Martin,

first of all I like to thank you really much for all the work you put into producing this version of googleak.NET and continuing on developing it. Tanks!

I only used the "old" googleak until now but as it is not working anymore ("only receive html-pages") i installed your version. I think i read almost all advices and stuff to get into this. but there are just same problems i can not solve on my own. So i hope one of you guys may help me.

I installed NET framework 3.5. The program started just fine until this error occurred: "mscorlib: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index in DownloadTilesScr."

I read that this could happen if I select a too big area. but i didn't select anything at all. Anyways, the program could continue leaving the error to it.

A big problem as well is that it all works reeeeally slow. after every action i have to wait at least 10 seconds. Especially after actions like selecting an area it happens that it doesn't shows the selected area afterwards. Though i can work with the area - Downloading tiles and saving to an archive works fine.

Is it just my computer which can't handle the NET.framework or do i miss a file or smth? Besides the cheap graphic card the laptops features should be okay..

Thanks already
molder
slaven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

first, you did a great work with GoogleLeak.NET. BRAVO!

Of course, I have a feature request - support for BSB/KAP map format. BSB/KAP file format is proprirety, but is wel described on http://libbsb.sourceforge.net/

BSB/KAP format is popular in nautical world because there are free USA maps in that format so many nautical navigation programs (chart plotters) support it.

I am willing to help - I am old time programmer, started with COBOL, but last programing I did was in VB6, some PHP and ASP few year ago.

Best regards,
Slaven
MartinZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: RE: error occurred: "mscorlib: Index was out of range Reply with quote

Hi molder,

Quote:
I installed NET framework 3.5. The program started just fine until this error occurred: "mscorlib: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index in DownloadTilesScr."

I read that this could happen if I select a too big area. but i didn't select anything at all. Anyways, the program could continue leaving the error to it.

DownloadTilesScr is called to download tiles from web, that are necessary for the normal screen-map, not for the "export-selection", so it should not have something to do with too big selections.

I do not have much time a the moment for searching bugs.
but try the actual (not really publishable) version. Perhaps "your" bug is solved in this one.
If not
-try to configure for "multithreaded download" as an alternative (right click on globe-button and select it, e.g. 4-8 threads).
-please try to describe the exact situation in which the bug occured.

Concernig slow speed:
I can see the effects, that you describe, when I have ressource-killing calculations running in background of my PC (e.g. BOINC-manager, that calculates SETI@home -tasks). Perhaps there are such applications running on your PC? Look in Windows-task-manager to find intense CPU-using tasks.

greetings, MartinZ
MartinZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: BSB/KAP file format Reply with quote

I do not know this file format yet. But i'll have a look at it.
cheers, Martin
slaven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: BSB/KAP file format Reply with quote

[quote="MartinZ"]I do not know this file format yet. But i'll have a look at it.
cheers, Martin[/quote]
Thanks, Martin!
JNT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Eniro.se as a source Reply with quote

I would really like to use Googleak.NET to download some nautical maps available on http://kartor.eniro.se/ (sjökort)

Unfortunately it does not seem to follow exactly the same template as google maps and I cannot see how I can use the user defined feature to do this.

It looks like they use some sort of an intermediate service to get to the tiles:
http://map.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/nautical/14/8946/11587.png

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could show me the way how to set it up to use eniro, or perhaps it could be implemented as a built-in option (as it is in MOBAC).

EDIT:
------

After lots of googling and struggling, I surprised myself and managed it!!!
(seems slow to download the tiles, though... might be my connection...)

user_defined_settings.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.89 KB
 Viewed:  22951 Time(s)

user_defined_settings.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: import kml files Reply with quote

Hi!!!
First of all sorry for my english :(, I´m probing this program and the results are very very good. Only one question, I´ve seen the posibility to create kml files, but can I import them? How?

Thanks a lot
MartinZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: kml Reply with quote

Try this:

In Case you have a kml-Track:
Left click on "Load Track" and choose your kml (-Track)

In case of a kml-Polygon:
Richt click on Polygon-Button an choose your kml-polygon.

@JNT:

Fine, that you got it working.

Concerning speed: Have you tried multithreaded download?

kml.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.99 KB
 Viewed:  21424 Time(s)

kml.png

lucianls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for this map!

Here are some suggestions for future improvement:
-an option to automatically download tiles instead having to press the button
-offer to automatically export layers for a list of zoom levels, like Mobile Atlas Creator does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: