• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Googleak.NET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: "must download" Reply with quote

Yes, Hannes, it is no bug but only shows, that tiles are not available in local cache but must be downloaded from the servers. It seemed better to me to write "must download" than to leave it all black.
If you check the hook right to the globe, you can force re-dowload of tiles that are already stored in cache. In this case "reload ordered" is displayed instead of "must download".

I am working at next version already, cause several bugs remained in 1.1.0.0

In screen-part of the program i now got rid of using "gflax.dll". But as it still is used in map-export i am not sure by now, if i can drop this DLL completely.

In addition, i think, a small instruction manual and the modified source code will be offered in future.
altair717

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to install the googleak program, but I must have done something wrong because every time I try to run it, it says "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assistance" ??

I registered GflAx.dll and everything...

Any help would be appreciated! Smile
MartinZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

Hi altair717,

it does not need to be installed but only extracted with 7zip or another decompression program.

Do not try to start the GoogleakNET.exe from within the zip-archive when you just stepped into the zip-file with explorer instead of really extracting it do your harddidsk.

After extraction enter the folder put the downloaded gflax.dll into the folder, start cmd.exe (with "execute as administrator..."), go to the folder, where gflax.dll and GoogleakNET.exe are stored and type "regsvr32 gflax.dll".

After that, GoogleakNET.exe should run.
If it does not, post a screenshot of error message, please.
altair717

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MartinZ,

Thanks for the reply! I've moved on to use mgmaps since the "atlas" function is inherent in those maps... but here's what happened, in case someone else has the same problem:

Yup, I extracted the folder into program files using windows' built-in extractor. Then I registered gflax.dll (there was a pop-up saying it was successful).

There isn't much else the screenshot would have told you as it's simply a popup dialog box with the title "Cannot Start Application", and the message I gave you in my last post.

I've attached the error file (that pops up when I click "Details") though.. that should give you some more info?

CAGDPQFO.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CAGDPQFO.txt
 Filesize:  5.77 KB
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

MartinZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

Oh, now I see....

This happens, if you click the "Googleak.NET.application" - file"!!!

Click "Googleak.NET.exe" instead and it works correctly.

I do not really know, why VisualBasic 2008 creates this ".application" files. Think it has to do with deployment of applications from the Web.

But clicking "Googleak.NET.exe" definitely works.
Hannes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for your tipps - but it doesn't work.
After clicking on the globe, the counter runs in the same way as in the old version. It is not too quick and the firewall noticed me of internet access so I assume that the download itself ran. But the "must download" ist still the only thing in the map area.

I've also tried it with a disabled firewall but it had the same result.

Hannes
bogi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannes, I tried it with as well as without firewall and no such problem.
Did you try to change the map type? Is the geographical area you are viewing to covered by the selected map type? You can see the coordinates on the left part of the toolbar. Try some intermediate zoomlevel, which is surely supported by the selected map type. You can set the zoom level by rightclicking the map area while in "map move and zoom mode" (hand button).
mobrob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Googleak.NET Reply with quote

MartinZ wrote:
Hi folks, my adaption "Googleak.NET".
Converting Googleak from "VB6" to Visual Basic 2008 was a hard task, though!!!

What are your plans with Googleak.net? Will it be a closed or open source project?

MartinZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: plans Reply with quote

Hi mobrob,

of course googleak.NET stays same as olegich said for googleak:

It is for free and open; Who wants can look inside the code or change it.
I transcoded googleak to Visual Basic.NET 2008 express edition for the only cause, that this is for free and everybody can use it. It would be ridiculous to keep source closed now.
And I do not see teh necesserity for explicitly putting it under some type of license like GNU etc. (would be difficult anyway, cause olegich is and stays the genuine author of googleak).

Only reason, that i have not loaded up the source code yet, is the early stage of transforming the code.

In my recent - not yet published beta - there are a lot of changes again and i added a lot of comments (in German) in any part, that has underrun major changes or that i just have examined more closely.

Think next version comes together with source code.
Perhaps it makes sense, that someone centralizes source changes and keeps things a bit more in his hands.

Of course especially you, mobrob, are invited to take part. And i do not want Googleak.NET to be a rival for TrekbuddyAK, but just another possibility with a different concept.

Cheers, MartinZ
mobrob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: plans Reply with quote

MartinZ wrote:
Think next version comes together with source code.
Perhaps it makes sense, that someone centralizes source changes and keeps things a bit more in his hands.

I would recommend to replace "someone" with "something" - respectively a source code version control system such as Subversion or Git.

MartinZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: New Beta 1.2.0.0 Reply with quote

Hi folks,

here the latest version of Googleak.NET:

Googleak.NET V1.2.0.0

-Googleak.NET now supports multithreaded tile-download on demand (right-click on download-button to select and to choose number of threads)
This is of course much faster and is now my personal standard selection. No python is neededfor that feature any more. Multithreading is done right inside VisualBasic2008. Of course multithreading can always cause some trouble. So if it does not work properly - switch back to normal downloading.

-Many bugfixes again

-Source code uploaded for your own use. I do not claim Googleak.NET to be my property, you know. Use or modify the code if you like. I do not install something like "Subversion", at least not now.

SOURCE

-Googleak.NET has again gained speed, especially in downloading.

Have fun!
bogi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinZ, thanks for the new version! Smile

It seems to be functional on my old notebook, multithread download too. On my old notebook with single core processor I see real improvement with 2 threads for almost all map types, 4 threads are faster in Google Map/Sat, but more threads make download slower, especially for non Google map sources. But as I said - 2 threads make downloads faster and that's advantage.

I have an issue: Each start of the new version brings me the attached dialog twice: 1st time just at begin, when the main window is not yet opened and the 2nd time when the map is almost displayed, only the right part of the map area is still black. When I click OK the 2nd time, the right part of the last map view is loaded too. I didn't discover any issues because of these messages.

These messages do not appear on my work computer.

untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.17 KB
 Viewed:  16204 Time(s)

untitled.jpg

MartinZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: error message Reply with quote

Hi bogi,

that message again has something to do with gflax.dll.
Perhaps GflAx.dll is only registered on your work computer but not on the other one? Can you check this, please?
A problem is, that registering a DLL on Win7 / Vista only works if you started cmd.exe with "Run as administrator...". If you are just logged in as an admin but not execute cmd.exe with "Run as administrator...", Windows tells you, that registering was successful - but in fact it was not!!!
That's a big trap for unskilled users - and the reason why i try to get totally rid of using this ActiveX-DLL.

I am not finished getting completely rid of this grafics library yet. But as long as you do not export a map, and just view or download it, it is not used any more (perhaps that is why you do not see any issues following the message, main part works without gflax).

speed: On my 4 core AMD i get very fast downloading of big selections (thousands or ten-thousands of tiles).
I usually select 8 to 12 threads.
Of course it will not improve speed very much, if internet is slow (I have a DSL-2000 line)

cheers, MartinZ
bogi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin, that helped. Smile
I run previous version without that issue, therefore I didn't expect that.
Maybe this GflAx.dll is different version as I registered before ??
Martin, can you please add a .cmd file to the installation zip, containing only single line
regsvr32 GflAx.dll
Only temporarily, until you finish adapting the code.
In such case it would be enough only to doubleclick the cmd file. That's easy for unexperienced users too.
MartinZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: cmd Reply with quote

It would be a good idea, if i just knew how to do a "sudo" command in Windows commandline.
As i said: On Vista and Win7 you have to do the "regsrv32" in administrator mode (this is because of "UAC").
Just executing the .cmd or .bat containing "regsrv32 gflax.dll" would not help then.

I am looking that up, or i try to integrate dll-registration in the program itself.

have you tried performance in downloading big selections?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: