• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Googleak.NET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Switching map types (Map, Sat, Hybrid ...) does not function after the 1st download. I tested it with Google and OSM map sources. When the program is restarted, switching works again until the 1st download.
It happened more times that the map type is switched to the 1st in the list (for example Sat -> Map, or Osmarender -> Mapnik), when mouse cursor goes across map source selection (Google or OSM) without clicking on it.

- After switching to different map source (for example OSM): If there is nothing to download (the currently displayed area is already cached), map source is not switched immediately. The msgbox "Nothing to download" is displayed, but the displayed map is not changed. The choosen map source is displayed after any minimal movement of the map.
MartinZ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: bugs Reply with quote

Quote:
- After switching to different map source (for example OSM): If there is nothing to download (the currently displayed area is already cached), map source is not switched immediately. The msgbox "Nothing to download" is displayed, but the displayed map is not changed. The choosen map source is displayed after any minimal movement of the map.

known bug.
Has something to do with old olegich's concept of drawing everything in normal event-handling methods.
In VB.NET that is not possible/useful any more. Everything has to be drawn in the Form-Paint-event now. So I must make a Refresh always if something changed. But Paint-Event of course must not shoot a Refresh by it self for then enless loop results. So it is sometimes difficult to decide if refreshing should be done.

Quote:
- Switching map types (Map, Sat, Hybrid ...) does not function after the 1st download. I tested it with Google and OSM map sources. When the program is restarted, switching works again until the 1st download.
It happened more times that the map type is switched to the 1st in the list (for example Sat -> Map, or Osmarender -> Mapnik), when mouse cursor goes across map source selection (Google or OSM) without clicking on it.

Yes, that's buggy. But please try to remove selection with middlemous button on the selection-knob.And after that move map a bit with hand cursor to get it drawn.
I added some refreshing for Mapsource and Layer changing for next version, for the moving should not be necesseray in next version.
MartinZ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: more bugs... Reply with quote

fixed a bug in Yandex scaling.
Next version will include this and many more fixes...
bogi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: bugs Reply with quote

MartinZ wrote:
But please try to remove selection with middlemous button on the selection-knob.And after that move map a bit with hand cursor to get it drawn.

That happens even with no selection. I had always pan-mode (hand cursor) activated. I made no area selection. I could switch map type until I pressed the download icon. Then the map type change had no effect and when I went with mouse cursor over the map source selection, map type was changed back to the type, which was previously downloaded.

Under some unclear circumstances it is possible to change map type. When I had black area on the screen (missing in cache), sometimes the switching worked, but not always. When it stops to work, only Googleak restart helps. I tried also to select/deselect some area, but that didn't help.
MartinZ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: bug Reply with quote

wait for next version... it was a preview... Embarassed
bogi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know ... no problem! Smile Thanks for this preview. You are on the right way.
Cactus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogi wrote:
I know ... no problem! Smile Thanks for this preview. You are on the right way.
Agreed - going well Smile
bogi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MartinZ. We found on gpsforum.sk, that stdole.dll may be missing to start Googleak.NET. It brings message "Could not load file or assembly 'stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0 ..." if it is missing. That occured on my home computer, where I tried Googleak.NET today, as well as on a computer of another user Satelit.Homer from gpsforum.sk.

I found stdole.dll as part of free MapWindow GIS on my home PC. When I copied that DLL to Googleak.NET installation directory, Googleak started successfully. I don't know if there are more versions of stdole.dll, but the one which functioned well I uploaded to http://bogi.gpsforum.sk/tools/stdole.rar.

There is yet one suggestion from Satelit.Homer. There are Googleak users, which are less technically skilled and registration of gflax.dll can cause them troubles. Simple solution would be to distribute the dll as well as a small batch file together with the application. Batch content could be this simple line:

regsvr32 gflax.dll

If Googleak did not start successfully, it could be enough to doubleclick the batch file to register the DLL.

Last edited by bogi on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
rlhobday

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogi wrote:
but the one which functioned well I uploaded to http://bogi.gpsforum.sk/tools/stdole.rar.

The Full-stop on the end will prevent access.
Try:
http://bogi.gpsforum.sk/tools/stdole.rar Wink
bogi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlhobday: Link corrected. Thanks for the hint, but at first I didn't understand it. Very Happy
MartinZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: stdole Reply with quote

-stdole is included in zip-archive.

-hope to get rid of gflax.dll anyway in future builds... .NET has GDI+ for graphics. gflax could perhaps not be necessary any more. I'll try that, if i have a bit more time.

-new version is going on. Have changed some things concerning the selection of export-blocks, fixed some bugs (e.g. Yandex koordinates/scaling). Hope to get block-selection faster.

perhaps i can upload an intermediate version soon.
MartinZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: New beta 1.1.0.0 uploaded Reply with quote

Hi Googleak.NET-fans:

my new beta is released.

-especially block selection is bugfixed and MUCH faster than before.

-many minor fixes

-select export-area from first two waypoints beginning with "wpnt1" and "wpnt2" now works (right click on selection-button)

hope it works...

cheers, MartinZ
bogi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MartinZ for the new beta!

Switching of map types and map sources works now. Smile

I discovered a small bug. The displayed map type is not updated when map source is switched. It doesn't lead ot any error and the processing is correct, only the displayed text is incorrect, untill you click on the map type combo box.

I will test it more tomorrow.

Last edited by bogi on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hannes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

First of all - many thanks to Martinz! Its great that someone has taken over the application!

On my computer I have the strange behavior that instead of any tile a black background with the text "must download" is displayed. It seems to be some sort of error message but does anybody know what I need to download?

I already tried to set the view zoom, the zoom level for selected area and download some tiles. But none of them appeared.

Best regards
Hannes
bogi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannes wrote:
On my computer I have the strange behavior that instead of any tile a black background with the text "must download" is displayed. It seems to be some sort of error message but does anybody know what I need to download?

Hannes, that's no error! It's a feature. Very Happy
The old (original) Googleak behaved in the same way, but without the text "must download". It displayed only black screen area on the first start.

The meaning of "must download" is: You have no map tiles stored in your Googleak cache for the area you are viewing, so there is nothing to display. You have to do what MartinZ says: "must download". Simply press the globe button and the missing (black) tiles of your screen area will be downloaded, stored in your Googleak cache and displayed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: