• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
... dear kruch, before you start "route navigation" could you offer a clean and stable version 0.957 or (0.96) ?

How do you mean "clean and stable"? Do you have some troubles with 0.9.56 final?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The only "bug" i claim about is the connection with gps that is unstable (blue, green, blue, green...) and freezes by seconds the navigation Software....

Phone - SE K750i - No problem with other GPS software including the past versions of TB

Best Ragards
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get into blue-green-blue-green sequence, is there any error shown in Options->Info->Provider error?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your help and for this great software.

I've made a 30 minutes test with the GPS Receiver Static (no movement)
After that the ProviderStatus shows "Syncs=15; Mismatches=0"

Sometimes when Status Icons turns blue it shows the 5* (Sat. Connected) even after i turn off the gps receiver.

Best Regards from Portugal.
pudu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish/bug list:

- key lock "*": how to unlock it, TB does not accept any key and next app is switched to, I found only "hardkill" solution.

- wmap, wgps: when stored custom/current wpts then <wmap>, <wgps> is listed, after restart it's moved to wgps-xxx file (OK it's probably correct but i think maybe one file could be used (configurable)

- show version number in Options->Info/About

- reset HPS trace (from menu or keyboard)

- center HPS screen (current position in the center, menu/keyboard or "'scroll current position' or 'current pos in the center')

- "do not rotate HPS" menu/kb - it often happens in case of static navigation (unfortunately static nav is probably reenabled when GPS battery is off and I have no app to disable it without notebook) - when compass is lost then unpredictable rotation happen and orientation is totally lost

- search by at least first letter in waypoint list (but a "regex" welcome), when I have long list of geocaches it's pain to find cache in middle of alphabet

- also name of the waypoint which is navigating should appear in navigation menu (all info) e.g. as extra menu item

- more waypoints on the map and jump among them (ok, it goes probably to routing support), quick jump between current postion and navigating point

- a fast (accellerated ??) scrolling mode

- is it possible in Symbian catch Red_key_pressing ? Often unintentionally (hard)kills TB, grrrr (but it helps when * I tested key lock "*", no other way how to "unlock"), if not can you flush waypoints periodically to file not to lose all of them in this case (in 0.9.55)

- how is possible create at S60 new "safe" directory visible in Java ? Currently I can see only c:\data\(images|sounds|videos), in .jad ?

- create automatically "mandatory" directories or show message why error happens (e.g. file name), 0.9.56 erects "No CMS profile loaded java.io.IOException: File does not exists" when "#" in HPS mode. It did not appear in 0.9.55 but there was useless blank screen

Last one in czech:

- nesrovnalosti v HPS, zeleny a modry mod, modry ukazoval posunuty udaj (100m?), na zelenym byl udaj spravny a shodny s mapou (Sirf III, vypnuta staticka navigace), asi to ukazuje od stredu ruzice - tj. zase to souvisi s centrovanim soucasny pozice v HPS (0.9.55)

Tested at Nokia E60 (Symbian S60 3rd)

Thanks, great application
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I've made a 30 minutes test with the GPS Receiver Static (no movement)
After that the ProviderStatus shows "Syncs=15; Mismatches=0"

Interesting... weird... could you make NMEA log next time for me?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pudu

Valuable comments, thanks. Let me reply to some of them...

* you should be able to unlock the keyboard with *, if you keep it pressed for a while

- "do not rotate HPS" menu/kb - it often happens in case of static navigation (unfortunately static nav is probably reenabled when GPS battery is off and I have no app to disable it without notebook) - when compass is lost then unpredictable rotation happen and orientation is totally lost
* unpredictable rotation still hapens with 0.9.56?

- how is possible create at S60 new "safe" directory visible in Java ? Currently I can see only c:\data\(images|sounds|videos), in .jad ?
* you can only see c: in FileBrowser? No e: for memory card? And what do you mean by "create ... in .jad"?

* green/blue HPS mode - blue mode is long term (3 min interval) average position, so a 100m shift is no surprise; anyway, I will remove it and replace with non-averaging mode, so - green will perhaps be better for establishing a geocache, blue for locating it

* I'll have a look at posibility to catch Red key on S60,

* waypoints files (wmap, wgps, wsms) are/should be flushed whenever a wpt is recorded... but I may have overlooked something
pudu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
* you should be able to unlock the keyboard with *, if you keep it pressed for a while

Unfortunately press of any (including "*") key switches to next application immediately, not waiting to leave/unpress key, I'll recheck it, but I think I pressed it for long time.

Quote:
* you can only see c: in FileBrowser? No e: for memory card? And what do you mean by "create ... in .jad"?

I can see in browser any directory, problem: it seems that Java VM has group of "secure" directories which can access. I had to use .jad to be possible to set application rights (if installed via .jar there were missing some options and I had again&again to confirm if TB can access file data) I thought .jad contains certificate and some security data. Maybe it's nonsence and Symbian enabled options because .jad provided certificate, I don't know whan .jad can contain. I have not currently extra card so it relates to internal memory (card) (C:).

Quote:
* unpredictable rotation still hapens with 0.9.56

I'll check it later, I'll have not E60 here/now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bug: when OSD basic is disabled, OSD extended is always shown without background

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

could you please add the "Lambert I,II,III,IV" and "II extended" for the France ?

All the maps from the IGN (French National Geographic Institute) are using the Lambert projections. Using other projection instead of Lambert result in an important offset if the map covers a quite wide zone ...

Thank you in advance Wink
nolies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not install neither 0.9.56 nor 0.9.55 on my siemens sxg75.
I tried generic and std versions. It seems to be installing but does not.
x2fer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fer wrote:
Failure in GPX tracklog (not raw mode).

In first log, it takes samples each 6 to 10 seconds.

In the second… every 5 minutes. Sad

What happens with the GPX Tracklog? Is its correct operation? How it really works? Shocked

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In GPX log I'm trying to minimize its size by logging only those positions where direction (course) changes "significantly" (depends on speed), but every 5 mins at least (when not moving or not course change detected).

There are some problems with low "walking" speeds, which I hope to improve in next releases.
x2fer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both logs has been captured in routes in mountain bike, with an average speed bigger than 10Km/h.

I have captured a lot of routes whit other versions of TB, and this is the first time that it happens to me. It was the first time with this version.

This it is the map of the log, with a sample each 5 minutes…

Thank you.

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it sucks Sad

It may be a bug... I may have a theory what was happening, I'll check it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: