• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for Traffic-Cam CMS Suggestions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Looking for Traffic-Cam CMS Suggestions. Reply with quote

I have mapped out all of the Traffic-Cam intersections (50+) in Albuquerque New Mexico from their website. Information is saved as waypoints. Loading waypoints into a city map and choosing the “Show All” option in TB, I can see if an intersection I am approaching has a Traffic-Cam installed. Works great except for one minor problem. I have to constantly be looking at the map rather than the roadway, unless I have a passenger with me.

One advantage of how TB is configured is that while viewing a Map, CMS audio announcements can be heard at the same time. Would like to set up, I suspect a CMS, to warn me of a Traffic-Cam in an intersection I am approaching. Since the waypoints are randomly located and not part of a designated route I never know what intersections will be approached in advance. Have tried all of the waypoint options (Navigate To, RouteAlong, etc) and TB will not announce entering a random waypoint other than “Route To” a specific WPT.

So if anyone has actually set up a system to indicate when a random waypoint is reached would like to see it. If you have a suggestion on how to configure a script to accomplish this would appreciate any and all inputs. Setting up the CMS page would not be difficult but writing the HECL script will take more than bit of learning for me. Suspect it would be some sort of IF-THEN statements.

Once this is set up it would work for any other POI information desired, Wi-Fi hotspots, ATM’s etc.
Thanks

viktor.ilijasic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a really useful thing that I too would like to see implemented.

Viktor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Themes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: